HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast

Old Posted May 24, 2007, 6:19 AM

This kind of stuff makes me really mad. There are a couple of new forumers from Mobile that I've been watching on this site. They seem young, or at least immature. Matguy, you have the right to speak your mind in these forums (timothy certainly did in your thread). So hopefully the moderators will take care of him and anyone else who tries to cause trouble.

Last edited by Musicisright; May 24, 2007 at 6:44 AM.

Old Posted May 24, 2007, 6:46 AM

Yeah, where the hell did he come up with 3 highrises over 900 feet? Is he 10?

Old Posted May 24, 2007, 8:11 AM
Closed account

Maybe he's combining the height of the three condo towers, but I'm not so sure that combining the height of the condos would even come to 900 feet. Does anyone even have figures for those condos yet ?

Old Posted May 24, 2007, 1:06 PM

Thank you all.

It's just silly and immature, hopefully the mods will look at it.
Just irritating more than anything.

He also wrote in one of the St. Louis threads about the "3 story mall that is going to blow away anything in St. Louis"

hmmmmm????

Is BelAir adding a couple floors or is a new mall really and finally planned for Mobile. We were hoping for a new mall in Mobile since the early 90's. I WOULD like to see that happen in Mobile. A really nice upscale one. NOT on the Eastern Shore and not way out in West Mobile either.

Tanks again... and seriously, is there plans for a new mall?

Old Posted May 24, 2007, 2:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matguy7070 View Post
Thank you all.

It's just silly and immature, hopefully the mods will look at it.
Just irritating more than anything.

He also wrote in one of the St. Louis threads about the "3 story mall that is going to blow away anything in St. Louis"

hmmmmm????

Is BelAir adding a couple floors or is a new mall really and finally planned for Mobile. We were hoping for a new mall in Mobile since the early 90's. I WOULD like to see that happen in Mobile. A really nice upscale one. NOT on the Eastern Shore and not way out in West Mobile either.

Tanks again... and seriously, is there plans for a new mall?
None that we know of.

Old Posted May 24, 2007, 5:02 PM
Closed account

I haven't heard anything. I do know that one mall was closed.

Old Posted May 24, 2007, 6:12 PM
God help us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
I haven't heard anything. I do know that one mall was closed.
Springdale wasn't closed, but it was converted to more of a big box lifestyle center, with several big retailers all serving as "anchors" to each other rather than to a large number of smaller retailers. Springdale as a mall just couldn't keep up with Bell Air, so I think what they did was def. the right move, as it prevented it from becoming nothing more than an empty shell (i.e. Montgomery Mall)

"You cannot help men by doing for them when they could and should, do for themselves" - Abraham Lincoln

Old Posted May 24, 2007, 6:42 PM
Closed account

Yeah, we left from Bell air and went over to the other one only to find out that it was just the big box stores anymore. No big deal really, because my purpose was to shop at fye, which was there and a lot bigger and better than the one at bell air

Old Posted May 24, 2007, 8:39 PM

Hey everyone........... What do you guys think about the 3 highrises over 900ft?

We are going to freakin blow Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami over the smoky mountains.

Old Posted May 25, 2007, 1:42 AM

OMG, I heard they're gonna build three exact replicas of the Chrysler building! One will balance on top of the RSA Tower, one will replace the gazebo in Bienville Square, and one will float in the Mobile River! Oh also a twenty-three story mall will be built on top of Ft. Conde!1

Old Posted May 25, 2007, 4:11 AM

Just came through downtown awhile ago, and all i have to say is Wow! Its lit up like Smokey on the movie "Friday". ...... The Lafayette(sp?) Hotel has lights running down the sides it looks a hundred times better. Somebody spent some money. The Amsouth Bld. has new lights on the roof , the gov. plaza has got all its inside lights on , and man y'all have to see(if not already) the Battle House! Id hate to Know who has to pay that power bill!

I go thru downtown about once a week ,but never really look at its beauty.

In just the past year alone ,you can see and feel the positive energy happening.

Old Posted May 25, 2007, 4:31 PM
God help us

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyncrystal View Post
You are all funny. Well I guess you will find out soon enough, and I never said that it would blow st louis out of the water. It just goes to show that you all do not even pay attention to what is printed, but to only facts of what has been told... See ya!!!! And my bad on the 3 I meant 2, but it will be in the next decade. I know you all do not have facts on that yet, but I have insite to it. Sorry to all that I got upset about someone taking about my home town, and yes it was stupid of me to post that. You are all right, and I take worng, for getting a head of the game. Do look for a new mall in the next two years, you will see it in the media in about six months.... PROMISE!!!
And that's edited?????

Anyway, you are saying that in 10 years, we will se 2 900 ft. towers in Mobile.....I sure wish I had your "insite".

"You cannot help men by doing for them when they could and should, do for themselves" - Abraham Lincoln

Old Posted May 25, 2007, 5:01 PM
<- My idol

Banktrust is headquartered downtown. It is on the corner of St. Joseph and St. Michael. It.s operations are based downtown as well on the corner of Royal and St. Louis and they have no plans to move anywhere - just got finished with big interior renovations on both buildings, which are about four stories each.

Old Posted May 25, 2007, 6:52 PM

2 900ft towers in Mobile in the near future? Umm... for who/what?

Old Posted May 25, 2007, 6:53 PM
God help us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer85 View Post
2 900ft towers in Mobile in the near future? Umm... for who/what?
He's delusional....

Old Posted May 25, 2007, 7:42 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGrad04 View Post
He's delusional....
Or he's being sarcastic. Either way this poster has issues.

Old Posted May 25, 2007, 8:42 PM
Closed account

Thanks

Old Posted May 25, 2007, 8:58 PM
God help us

Hey, we're just kidding around. We're all just a little puzzled at the top secret 900 footers, that's all. Hell, I'd love to see that, it just doesn't seem like the right time.

Old Posted May 26, 2007, 4:44 AM
I ♥ Mobile

Actually...he is sort-of half-way, but not really correct on something...first of all..he claims to be an architect so he "knows whats happening before the public". I find that suspect. Anyway...there have been NO 900'+ towers approved for downtown. Until the RSA fills up and there is some more redevelopment of the existing structures, I think Mobile will be hard pressed to get any new high rise office towers.

What is in the VERY early stages of approval and development is the 7-story Hampton Inn at Royal and Conti. Believe me, this building is no where near 900'...it's actually more like 75 feet high...not bad...but not 900...

There has actually been some stirrings of a new mall in the Mobile area...specifically, somewhere in the western part of the City or just outside of the City limits. Developers with a firm that was not named were in my office asking some very very general questions about the City's requirements. The developer did mention that they build 1 million sq ft, at a minimum...like I said...this was very very very general talk, and nothing in stone, and no specific site, just questions about some city requirements...

So...I guess bottom line is that maybe he was telling some half-truths, more likely just talking crazy...

Proud Liberal

Old Posted May 26, 2007, 1:23 PM

Quote:
There has actually been some stirrings of a new mall in the Mobile area
I can easily believe that. Not only is Mobile entering a significant growth phase, but Mobile County is also significantly "underretailed," and GOZone financing incentives are a nice hook.

I know that some developers in the Tuscaloosa area have been scrambling to get projects underway under GOZone deadlines, and metro Mobile is an infinitely hotter market than us.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast