HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jul 4, 2011, 10:13 AM
A gruff individual.

Location: Greenville, SC - "Birthplace of the light switch rave"
Asheville: Forever and a Day

I was thinking recently, and came to the conclusion that it would be so much less fuss and bother for everyone if, rather than set up numerous photo threads that receive little attention and drop out of sight in a day or so, I set up a single megathread that will receive little attention and repeatedly drop out of sight in a day or two.

Thus, I present to you this thread, which I will add to in spurts and fits now and again. Of course, I'll also be adding specialized threads in here, usually with appropriate theme music because that's just how I roll.

And now, here we go, with photos collected over an evening and a morning in June.

Whee!

Should you deign to look at these pictures, enjoy them to the sounds of some Asheville street buskers. It'll be the next best thing to being here.

(Please note that no one, and I do mean no one, can play a saw like the man in this video, and I'll entertain no argument from you otherwise.)

Video Link

And then quite suddenly the next day, the sun rose, taking everyone by surprise.

"To sustain the life of a large, modern city in this cloying, clinging heat is an amazing achievement. It is no wonder that the white men and women in Greenville walk with a slow, dragging pride, as if they had taken up a challenge and intended to defy it without end." -- Rebecca West for The New Yorker, 1947

Last edited by hauntedheadnc; Jul 4, 2011 at 10:34 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos