HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Apr 16, 2009, 1:50 PM
Dr Morgan, AME

Frinkprof for moderator!

Because I think that the Calgary forum could use another referee, and because he's sort of become the moderator by default anyway. Thoughts?

Old Posted Apr 16, 2009, 4:00 PM

Responded to in this thread. Future discussion should probably continue there.

Really though...

I'm not sure if this is a serious proposal or not, but if it is I'd have to sleep on it (Internet: SRS BSNS!).

I gotta say, I do feel like an ass doing the whole "redirecting conversation" thing and I hope I'm not scorned because of it. Truthfully I find a lot of the off-topic stuff interesting, and the really off-topic stuff funny. Innersoul1 dancing around to a Fleetwood Mac song? Hilarious. The "I'm on a Boat" SNL skit? Not exactly my type of humour, but sure, pretty funny. Not remotely construction or development related though.

I'm not sure if I've done much pseudo-moderating per se. Does this section need another moderator (i.e. someone to tell two posters to stop having a tired argument, even if one is being a bigger idiot than the other)? Or do we need better discretion in staying reasonably on-topic? If it's the latter, I'd think everyone could pitch in on that. As much as I feel like a heel doing the redirecting or calling off-topic thing, I still think the main construction thread in particular should be easy to follow for the people who don't visit often or miss a week, and that takes some moderation. What it probably takes more of though is discretion and a culture of keeping reasonably on topic.

Anyway, if people think there should be another moderator, I'm open to it for the time being. If people are against it or me for whatever reason, go ahead and say so, I won't be offended.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2009, 4:25 PM

This place already has a moderator, so it would be a question of whether another one is needed. Overall it seems like a pretty well behaved forum.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2009, 7:38 PM
Very tall. Such Scrape.

I'm not clicking on that link Frink, I can just sense a Rick rolling behind it. I take my internet seriously.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2009, 5:55 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinkprof View Post
I gotta say, I do feel like an ass doing the whole "redirecting conversation" thing and I hope I'm not scorned because of it.
Don't care about the mod situation either way, but PLEASE KEEP DOING THIS.

The whole point of the recent changes was to keep things on-topic. Not gonna happen unless we all help each other out. And as several people have already mentioned, they never would have found the appropriate thread without your help.

Stuff anyone who thinks you're a jerk for doing it.

As I said many, many times before, one man's wonderful humour is another man's off-topic nonsense. It's pretty hypocritical to go through all this work to try to eliminate one kind if we just keep on doing the same thing.

Not sure which section we should put a "stupid youtube videos that just trigger workplace filtering mechanisms" thread, however.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation