HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Holland Parkside I in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Surrey Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Apr 12, 2009, 1:06 AM

who cares it s big thats all that matters=P

Old Posted Apr 12, 2009, 1:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalleyboy View Post
who cares it s big thats all that matters=P
it looks strong too

Old Posted Apr 12, 2009, 1:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
Wow! I really hope this one breaks ground in the near future. Is this the most concrete proposal of a skyscraper (150m+) Surrey has so far?
Also to answer that i seriously think central tower 2 is more of a concrete proposal then this. But thats just in my opinion. Like i said a while back the urban village was using the central tower 2 in one of there ads. Where i havent seen anything much on theses. Plus all the things they said they can do with the second central tower make it seem more practical to build.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2009, 1:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansky View Post
it looks strong too
i like the random open part on it too makes it look cool in my eyes

Old Posted Apr 12, 2009, 1:31 AM
See ya down under, mates

Big yawn on the design, but nice to see someone's able to build high.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2009, 1:39 AM

Quote:
i like the random open part on it too makes it look cool in my eyes
This one got some power, I think vancouver is starting to make some real progress in terms of architecture.

The convention center is the first one but also the only one that I liked, in the past I thought what the city had was a joke compare to the more symbolic architectures.

The entire surrey plan looks much better than metrotown.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2009, 1:50 AM

Aren't metrotowns plan aimed more at making metrotown mall area the center where there sort of directing everything towards it?

Old Posted Apr 12, 2009, 1:57 AM

Metrotown doesn't seem to be very busy other than the mall inside. It has condos but rarely I see many walk on the street.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2009, 4:52 AM
Registered

^^^ true enough. It really falls short of an area like North York which it should be like...

Old Posted Apr 12, 2009, 5:53 AM

with all hope for this one, vancouver's infrastructure lacks way behind the cities we usually talk about, this economic downturn will nevertheless worsen things even more.

and the other thing it lacks is university research, patent, and etc, which means "copying" from other cities like hong kong is not gona solve that. not to mention the lack of stock exchange, banks and headquarters...these condos are not giong to help that, but nevertheless helps a little bit.

slap slap

Old Posted Apr 13, 2009, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldwide View Post
is this next to the existing apartment building with sprott shaw in the botom, or is this a redevelopment of that site. although the density is needed that building should be torn down it is so bad
I agree that the apartment building looks nasty. I believe it was built sometime in the 70's. BTW isn't that CDI College below the apartment?

Old Posted Apr 14, 2009, 11:05 PM

look at all the old cement slab tower around surrey the all look horrible
i mean look at the one over looking holland park...that one is the one i'd really like to see replace with something more up to day it kind a ruins holland park

Old Posted Apr 29, 2009, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead View Post
Nice. I'd like to see this, the Berezan towers, and Central City II added to that Sketchup model of downtown Surrey someone was working on.
Unfortunately I've been crazy busy the last 5 months between here and California and haven't added much additional to my Sketchup project. I have actually added teh Berezan towers though and did some prelim for the original HP proposal, but nothing since.

Hopefully in the next month I'll have some free time to throw some stuff up and add some of the additional proposals.

On the updated images, as with all proposals in Surrey, I'm cautiously excited. As long as it isn't being pushed by MAC marketting who in my opinion failed "communicating with your customers 101", I'm happy hehe. The housing market seems to be starting the trend towards stabalization now that people are realizing it's the US with the major problems, not Canada so much, though I think we still will have a year or so of sputtering before things start to get back to normal. What has hurt the housing market in Vancouver I think more is the failure of world banks. Take Infinity for example. If it wasn't for bank failures, the project would be near complete for towers 2 and 3. It had nothing to do with lack of people buying or being over budget.

So as the banks clean things up and start to improve, the market will pick up again.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2009, 12:11 AM

where is the new map?
are you gonna be looking to add the second central tower too?

Old Posted Apr 30, 2009, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhausner View Post
Unfortunately I've been crazy busy the last 5 months between here and California and haven't added much additional to my Sketchup project. I have actually added teh Berezan towers though and did some prelim for the original HP proposal, but nothing since.

Hopefully in the next month I'll have some free time to throw some stuff up and add some of the additional proposals.

On the updated images, as with all proposals in Surrey, I'm cautiously excited. As long as it isn't being pushed by MAC marketting who in my opinion failed "communicating with your customers 101", I'm happy hehe. The housing market seems to be starting the trend towards stabalization now that people are realizing it's the US with the major problems, not Canada so much, though I think we still will have a year or so of sputtering before things start to get back to normal. What has hurt the housing market in Vancouver I think more is the failure of world banks. Take Infinity for example. If it wasn't for bank failures, the project would be near complete for towers 2 and 3. It had nothing to do with lack of people buying or being over budget.

So as the banks clean things up and start to improve, the market will pick up again.
i think you mean 4-5 nearing complete

Old Posted Jun 3, 2009, 6:50 PM

Quote:
i think you mean 4-5 nearing complete
I don't. 2 and 3 were delayed the first time not because of the financial market but because the City of Surrey made them go back to the drawing board and redesign both buildings because they didn't like the original look. Then again that's what Jung said... who knows if it is entirely accurate.

I do think though these companies could move faster at things. I hate phased issues. I like how in China they can get 10+ 40 floor buildings built all at the same time np. Then again maybe we don't have enough construction workers in BC period to do that but I wish they could have just did towers 1, 2, and 3, all at the same time.

I mean look at City Point. They did both towers at the same time (or are doing) but if they followed what MOST developers seem to be doing, they would have sold tower 1... built it.... then sold tower 2... then built it. 7 years later...

Just sell the whole darned project at the same time and build the whole darned thing at the same time. This phased crap is starting to get annoying.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2009, 7:52 PM

so heres another one with all three towers in view coming down king goerge

i gotta say they fill the gap between central and infinity nicely

photo from my photobucket

Old Posted Jun 22, 2009, 8:20 PM

That'll look cool.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2009, 8:45 PM

So when does construction start? And dont tell me its delayed.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2009, 9:08 PM

There is no specified start date so the project is not technically delayed. It will start when everything is in place and the owner is satisfied with the sales, pricing and financing they have.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley