HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 4, 2006, 11:28 PM
Atlantis Rises Again!

That's encouraging news. Any news of Villa Magna? It's the last of the prime Brickell waterfront property. That should secure the place of those 2 towers in the Miami skyline. I enjoy looking at the very impressive renderings of them next to the Four Seasons and Jade on Brickell Bay!

Old Posted Oct 5, 2006, 4:12 AM

Ugly Towers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAtlantisMiami
That's encouraging news. Any news of Villa Magna? It's the last of the prime Brickell waterfront property. That should secure the place of those 2 towers in the Miami skyline. I enjoy looking at the very impressive renderings of them next to the Four Seasons and Jade on Brickell Bay!
I hope Villa Magna never gets built. I think they are two ugly towers that do not deserve that prime location.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2006, 2:14 AM
Atlantis Rises Again!

Maybe we'll get something better than Villa Magna for that site then, but since they are 2 towers over 500 feet tall, they are just fine by me! Frankly, I think Jade on Brickell Bay is uglier. There were two 700 footers planned for part of that lot at the end of the last century at about the time the Four Seasons was planned and before Jade was built on the other side at Brickell Bay, but one of the partners got cold feet and bailed out I heard! The lot where Ice2/Element was supposed to go is a beautiful spread of land. I'd like to see a 2-tower 500+ feet tall development go there at NE 31 Street and the Bay as well as a 500+ feet tall tower at the old Onyx2 site at NE 28 Street and the Bay to give the skyline a really impressive spread! Much of the land in that area has been slated for future development. I think downtown will eventually move up that way with 500+ feet tall high-rises even without Onyx2 and Element. Steve

Last edited by NewAtlantisMiami; Oct 10, 2006 at 12:33 PM.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2006, 3:13 PM

SO HAPPY TO HAVE HAD 10 DAYS IN PARADISE AND MOVING DOWN ASAP

Old Posted Oct 9, 2006, 3:17 PM

Old Posted Oct 9, 2006, 5:40 PM

Amazing Pictures!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Posted Oct 10, 2006, 2:57 AM

great pics arch especially of the new Performing Arts Center at night.

^ great skyline shot...look at all those cranes! I counted over 20 at least.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2006, 3:07 AM

wow go miami go!!

Old Posted Oct 10, 2006, 2:08 PM

Great Pics. By the way, about the comments regarding Ice2, and other building in the 20's and 30's along Biscayne:

I live in a condo on NE 26 St just east of Biscayne near the Bay. It is 5 stories tall. A lot of the buildings in my neighborhood are 2-4 stories tall. The few huge buildings that have gone up on the water on our streets have destroyed the feel of the nighborhood and totally made the area feel closed off from the bay. We in Edgewater lover urbanity and density, but our neighborhood of Edgewater has always been meant to be more comparable in density to an East Village in New York rather than a Midtown or Downtown. I am so glad many of the buildings in my neighborhood will not get built. Urbanity needs to be of variable densities. If not, everything feels so monotonous.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2006, 4:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasklar
Great Pics. By the way, about the comments regarding Ice2, and other building in the 20's and 30's along Biscayne:

I live in a condo on NE 26 St just east of Biscayne near the Bay. It is 5 stories tall. A lot of the buildings in my neighborhood are 2-4 stories tall. The few huge buildings that have gone up on the water on our streets have destroyed the feel of the nighborhood and totally made the area feel closed off from the bay. We in Edgewater lover urbanity and density, but our neighborhood of Edgewater has always been meant to be more comparable in density to an East Village in New York rather than a Midtown or Downtown. I am so glad many of the buildings in my neighborhood will not get built. Urbanity needs to be of variable densities. If not, everything feels so monotonous.
Unfortunately, many 1920's era buildings were torn down for the new buildings which ended up not getting built and are now just weed strewn vacant lots.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2006, 7:13 PM

Loft 3

Related is now releasing The Loft 3. Its to be 32 stories and be at 201 N.E. 2nd Ave which is directly across the street to the north of Loft 2 and adjacent to the west of Loft 1.

http://www.globest.com/news/752_752/miami/149657-1.html

Quote:
Last updated: October 9, 2006 01:16pm
Related Details $130M Work Force Housing

MIAMI-The locally based Related Group is planning to build Loft 3, a $130-million work force condominium project at 201 N.E. 2nd Ave.

The 32-story project will include 496 residential units and approximately 15,000 sf of ground-floor retail space. The units will be priced from $159,000 with 70% of its units priced under $300,000. The project is the third in the company’s Loft series of urban high rises and is being completed by the company’s attainable housing division. Loft 1 is 100% occupied and Loft 2 will open in May 2007.

“We decided to move forward with Loft 3 based on the success of our other Loft projects and also because of the need for workforce housing in the Miami area,” says Oscar Rodriquez, the Related Group vice president of development and head of the attainable housing division, tells GlobeSt.com.
Related will begin selling units within the next two weeks and hopes to begin construction within nine months. Construction will last approximately two years, Rodriquez says. The units will feature one- and two-bedroom units with minimum ceiling heights of 10 feet. Other unit features will include imported white cabinetry, terrazzo countertops and stainless steel appliances. Building amenities will include 24-security, swimming pool and wet bar on the 28th floor recreation deck, spa, sauna and fitness center.

Among project attributes are its downtown location, across from the Metromover mass transit system and Miami-Dade College. It is also within walking distance of the courthouse, Bayfront Park and the American Airlines Arena. “We believe that this will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity due to its location,” Rodriquez says.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2006, 12:39 PM

This tickle anyone's fancy? umiami305 at ssc found this new redesign of 100 S Biscayne, and guess what? Its up to 1180 feet now, and with one heck of a design. Now would come the fight with the FAA:

http://www.fecr.com/bayfrontPark/index.htm

Quote:
PROPERTY TYPE:

A 70 Story Office Tower, reaching a height of 1,180 feet.
With 2 million plus of Class A office space and 650 room Hotel

Miami, FL 33131 tel: (305) 358-7710 - Phil Dahan ext# 107

Every major global city has a site with the potential and location to be that city’s epicenter; where the city’s most identifying landmark or trophy building should be found. One Bayfront Plaza is that site and will become Miami’s signature building.

This premier location, located at 100 South Biscayne Boulevard, is situated at the south end of the widest section of Miami’s main thoroughfare, Biscayne Boulevard, overlooks both Biscayne Bay and Bayfront Park.

The site, encompasses two full city blocks containing approximately 100,000 square feet of net lot area, is bounded by Biscayne Boulevard, SE 1st and SE 2nd Streets and SE 3rd Avenue. It is directly across from the main Metromover station and is one block from I-95 entrance and exit ramps.

It is the ideal location is for redevelopment of what will become Miami’s largest and most prestigious office tower. The project will rise 70 stories and will reach a height of 1,180 feet to the top of the decorative spire. The views will be unparalleled.

One Bayfront Plaza project will encompass approximately four million square feet and will include 2,100,000 square feet of Class “A” office space in one tower, a 650 room hotel in a second tower. Additionally there will be 120,000 square feet of retail space and a parking garage with nearly 3,000 spaces in the pedestal base that takes in two full city blocks.

The development will serve as a catalyst to attract new investment activity and is the ideal project in size, scope, location and amenities to attract national and international business. The office tower will have large open and flexible floor plates with 35,000 square feet each. The floors will have spectacular direct bay views.

The 650 key, world class, full service hotel tower, will serve not only the needs of the office and the retail component; it will increase the existing central business district hotel room inventory by more than 20%. This hotel component is obviously needed in the center core of Miami’s business district inasmuch as the last major hotel was developed in 1982. It will be the first new hotel built north the Miami River in 25 years.

The project will also provide two full levels of premium retail mall space in addition to the ground level retail areas, for a total 120,000 square feet of retail space. This is a key element as The Miami Downtown Development Authority projected a need for 400,000 additional square feet of retail space to service only the current downtown office and residential needs and One Bayfront Plaza’s retail component will provide 30% of that need. The project’s retail mall will also create a parallel destination for the 12 million annual visitors to Bayside Marketplace as well as for the more than 4 million annual cruise ship passengers.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2006, 1:02 PM

A bit speechless and restless, I'm no longer optimistic about miami projects-chnaces of this happening appear small and if it does knowing tibor hollo it'll take forever to get off the ground.
Anyways commenting on the design and very above average design, since its being built by tibor hollo-cheapest developer in miami.
Although it looks a little comical and out of place(looks like it should be in dubai) I kinda like it, although im not a fan of the twisting action it has, and the Copying of espirito santos parabola.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2006, 1:55 PM

I'd take it.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2006, 5:40 PM

What happened to the old design that looked like Kobi Karp ?

Old Posted Oct 20, 2006, 6:12 PM
Fanatic

Wow, south beach are are really going to look amazing!

/Mats

Old Posted Oct 21, 2006, 1:30 AM
Atlantis Rises Again!

Another Supertall Planned for Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale
What happened to the old design that looked like Kobi Karp ?
I don't know what happened to that old Kobi Karp design, but I like this one. Taller is always better in my book. It does look a bit Dubai-esque, but with the spire creating much of the height, it will be easier to slide it past the FAA than Empire World's 106 stories, so maybe we'll get at least one supertall out of the momentum created by this building boom. The powers that be seem to be very interested in developing that site in downtown as the epicenter of the "New" Miami instead of Met3, so we could very well see this one happen gentlemen.

Last edited by NewAtlantisMiami; Oct 21, 2006 at 1:37 AM.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2006, 1:57 AM

Well, if you can't go 1,000 feet out of that site, then I daresay you can't go 1,000 in Miami.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2006, 2:26 AM
Atlantis Rises Again!

You could put a supertall at 79th Street and Biscayne (my neighborhood) and keep the FAA and MIA happy, but who wants to put one there?

Last edited by NewAtlantisMiami; Oct 21, 2006 at 2:05 PM.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2006, 2:49 AM
Atlantis Rises Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave8721
Unfortunately, many 1920's era buildings were torn down for the new buildings which ended up not getting built and are now just weed strewn vacant lots.
I must say that this is what I like about what they did in San Francisco and on South Beach to some degree. By preserving and restoring some of their older architecture, they created a startling contrast between the old and the new and in some cases, they new copied the older architecture in color and design so that the new architecture complimented the older architecture incorporating it into a more modern high rise design with a sometimes startling esthetic effect. As much as I love skyscrapers, I do believe in preserving low-rise structures that have esthetic and architectural merit. Living in San Francisco taught me to look at older architecture in a way I never had before and the merits to be found there.

Last edited by NewAtlantisMiami; Oct 21, 2006 at 1:21 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations