HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest

Old Posted Jan 8, 2008, 8:49 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson View Post
Crossroads is the mall here in St Cloud! haha

And Smiley, you say Costco has agreed to build, but are you maybe confusing that with Shopko? Shopko is what I've heard before.
Nope, I believe it was Costco. There was an article about it a little while back. It's somewhere in this thread.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2008, 10:30 PM

Have any building permit numbers for 2007 in Fargo-Moorhead been released yet? Hopefully you guys has as good of a year as we did in the Sioux Falls area (above $650 million metro-wide).

Old Posted Jan 8, 2008, 11:15 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodak View Post
Have any building permit numbers for 2007 in Fargo-Moorhead been released yet? Hopefully you guys has as good of a year as we did in the Sioux Falls area (above $650 million metro-wide).
I haven't heard any numbers yet. I'm pretty sure it'll be similar to Sioux Falls' numbers.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2008, 3:18 AM
FargoMoorhead comin at ya

I think it'll mostly depend on how much of the current Microsoft Campus expansion goes on this year's numbers. I think that project is roughly $75 million alone ( bigger than when Innovis was built ). I'm not sure if we'll hit $650 million, but I think it would be a safe assumption that we'll come close, if not pass $500 million, which is overall pretty good for our area.

Here's to the growth of Fargo and Sioux Falls, bringing more and more people into the great plains region of the country, while the rest of our states (ND and SD), for the most part, continue to shrink in population, especially in the rural areas.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2008, 3:34 AM
FargoMoorhead comin at ya

Well, Hector International Airport is reporting decent numbers again this year. This is the second busiest year for Hector International. Some of the reasons for lower numbers this year are most likely Delta Airlines continually changing their schedule around (3-4 times this year). Travel was also a pain for most airlines this winter mainly United and NWA.

Hopefully, we can get a few more destinations and with Microsoft poised to grow by an additional 200+ people each year over the next couple of years, I see these numbers continuing to go up. I remember Eide Bailly was also inquiring about eastern routes through Cincinnati or Atlanta. I'd also expect us to eventually get some sort of route in Florida through Allegiant.

Code:
                    Dec-07   Dec-06   % Change   YTD2007   YTD2006   % Change
Total Passengers    50,329   51,054    -1.4%     599,168   609,731    -1.7%
Enplaned Passengers 24,827   25,524    -2.7%     297,964   305,218    -2.4%
Deplaned Passengers 25,502   25,530    -0.1%     301,204   304,513     1.1%

Old Posted Jan 10, 2008, 1:46 AM

Planning commission OK’s retail at 52nd Avenue South, new zoning on edge of downtown
Andrea Domaskin, The Forum
Published Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A proposal to develop a retail center at 52nd Avenue South and Interstate 29 is headed to the Fargo City Commission.

The city Planning Commission voted Wednesday to recommend approval of the plat for Tim McShane’s Fargo Crossroads Center.

He proposes four lots and two retention ponds on 40 acres currently owned by Fred and Earlyne Hector. McShane plans to buy the land, which has been the subject of several development-related applications to the city in recent years.

McShane, a Fargo native and the principal of Edina, Minn.-based McShane Development, said Wednesday a major retail tenant is still interested in coming to the property.

He declined to name the retailer.

RELATED CONTENT
Andrea Domaskin Archive
Also on Wednesday, city commissioners voted 6-4 to recommend approval of a zoning change at the edge of Fargo’s downtown.

Some nearby businesses with truck traffic oppose proposed downtown mixed use designation for 520 10th St. N., four properties on Fourth Avenue North and property at 414 11th St. N.

A downtown mixed-use designation allows housing, which general commercial doesn’t.

The Fargo Housing and Redevelopment Authority owns 414 11th St. N. and plans to add affordable housing and perhaps another use there, said Lynn Fundingsland, the executive

Business representatives, including Randy Christianson, president of Beverage Wholesalers at 701 4th Ave. N. said Wednesday they’re concerned about adding housing to an area with more industrial uses.

Christianson said he’s also concerned about the increasing difficulty of driving trucks downtown as the area booms with retail and housing.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2008, 8:39 PM

Question

I find myself driving in circles downtown....Is there any free parking lots anywhere near the NDSU building?.....Fargo is soooo confusing lol

Old Posted Jan 11, 2008, 4:39 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_144 View Post
I find myself driving in circles downtown....Is there any free parking lots anywhere near the NDSU building?.....Fargo is soooo confusing lol
The only free lot is a little dirt strip right next to the railroad tracks on the south side of the building. Students fill that up like crazy. otherwise, you have to pay $3 at the city lot next door. Which pisses me off, because the lot is owned by a private company, and they don't offer to sell yearly passes for $200 or something like that. Which is way I find myself a lot of times parking in the 2-hour spaces on NP Ave. across 8th street from the building.

Do you take classes at NDSU Downtown as well?? So do I. I'm working on my B.F.A. I take almost all my classes downtown.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2008, 10:40 PM
still here

I was surfin the web and came across a Fargo-Moorhead Development blog. I don't know if it is any of yours but here it is.

http://fargodev.blogspot.com/

Old Posted Jan 12, 2008, 12:50 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-Misthebest View Post
I was surfin the web and came across a Fargo-Moorhead Development blog. I don't know if it is any of yours but here it is.

http://fargodev.blogspot.com/
I've seen that blog. So far, there's nothing in it that I don't already know, LOL

Old Posted Jan 12, 2008, 1:25 AM
still here

Yeah, we got em beat.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2008, 3:21 AM

Yeah, im a first year student taking 2 ENVD classes there. It works out because one is a night class and the arms are up so I just park in the lot next to the building but I also have a morning class....so the 2 hour parking is just across the street? I really dont want to pay to park in that lot...Im a bit suprised that there are no meters around ... alot of downtown is short term parking which makes it hard for students.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2008, 9:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoBison View Post
I
Here's to the growth of Fargo and Sioux Falls, bringing more and more people into the great plains region of the country, while the rest of our states (ND and SD), for the most part, continue to shrink in population, especially in the rural areas.
Granted, Fargo-Moorehead is the second fastest growing metro area in North Dakota but I suppose that's still pretty good.

FYI, the smiley face guy in this post is rocking out hard.

Last edited by ebitdadada; Jan 12, 2008 at 9:54 AM. Reason: Changing of alphanumeric charachters

Old Posted Jan 12, 2008, 3:09 PM

Don't worry

We still know that Bizsmirk exists. Too bad you don't know what thread you are on.

Here's a hint: start your own thread and see who comes.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2008, 4:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
We still know that Bizsmirk exists. Too bad you don't know what thread you are on.

Here's a hint: start your own thread and see who comes.
Haha - Previous post was just a friendly jab, nothing else. Sorry but I'm a census / econ nerd.

I actually live in St. Louis (which I beleive is the fastest growing metro area within 50 miles of St. Louis ) so starting a thread on Bizmirk? development would be challenging.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2008, 8:39 PM

So no love for Bizsmirk?

Surely you can't be carrying water for Bland Forks.

Or maybe you just want to keep bumping Fargo to the top of the board. Whatever floats your boat.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2008, 12:58 AM
Honored Member

There's no way Bismarck-Mandan is growing faster than F-M. Even if it is growing fast...

Old Posted Jan 13, 2008, 1:49 AM
still here

Well, thats the census for ya. Bismarck is growing fast, but West Fargo is the states fastest growing city.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2008, 1:59 AM
still here

The census also says Fargo gained like 7 people from 2000 to 2006. I just am waiting for 2010 when we can shove 105,000 people in their face.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2008, 2:15 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-Misthebest View Post
The census also says Fargo gained like 7 people from 2000 to 2006. I just am waiting for 2010 when we can shove 105,000 people in their face.
Actually the census "claims" Fargo lost 570 people or something like that between 2000 and 2006.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest