HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

9 DeKalb Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram
New York Projects & Construction Forum

View Full Map

Old Posted Jul 9, 2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloper View Post
Are you taking about the Dept of Health or Long Island University? Bc I've heard the University has its eyes on the DOH site. I can't see that site becoming private development, imagine the coronaries in Ft Greene.
Yeah, I was talking about the DOH site. That building is horrific. Should be a 70-floor tower.

If LIU buys the site, I hope we get a tower. They're already building a major mixed-use tower on the east end of their campus.

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:58 AM
1000 µg = 2D Mandelbrot

Credit: bkhights

Demo is progressing. We just have to be patient. No worries, the golden era for Brooklyn will get its King. There's a reason its called King's County, now it just need the tower that defines it.

Although on a side note, the British name of Kings should of stuck as the official borough name. Brooklyn just sounds quaint, which its not. Its a urban jungle in every respect. A boss! But I digress...

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post

Demo is progressing. We just have to be patient. No worries, the golden era for Brooklyn will get its King. There's a reason its called King's County, now it just need the tower that defines it.

Although on a side note, the British name of Kings should of stuck as the official borough name. Brooklyn just sounds quaint, which its not. Its a urban jungle in every respect. A boss! But I digress...
Brooklyn is a town in Utrecht (Breukelen), sounds sophisticated to me, as Holland just does it better when it comes to urban living and is home to some of the most pretty towns in the world... but I digress. This tower is needed drastically for downtown. Brooklyn has a higgledy-piggeldy appearance with towers of all colors, shapes and sizes and needs something of quality urgently! The quality of design in Brooklyn is not quite there yet.

Last edited by aquablue; Yesterday at 1:32 AM.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:41 AM
Mr. Technology

Quote:

When do you predict construction to begin?
Oh hey, if Brooklyn is a boss, then Manhattan is what?

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:52 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
It's still Kings County. Queens is Queens county, Staten Island is Richmond county, Manhattan is New York county, and the Bronx is, the county of the Bronx.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:49 AM
1000 µg = 2D Mandelbrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechTalkGuy View Post
When do you predict construction to begin?
Oh hey, if Brooklyn is a boss, then Manhattan is what?
Q4 2018.

Oh, and Manhattan is the board of directors.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction