HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 12:46 AM

So there’s a chance?

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 1:09 AM

Despite the parks shortcoming the interpretive centre would really complete the park

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 1:28 AM

True, it would get rid of that triangle of parking and of course add to the experience. I’m optimistic it will happen at some point.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 4:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
True, it would get rid of that triangle of parking and of course add to the experience. I’m optimistic it will happen at some point.
It drives me a bit crazy that the main design consideration is so obviously the view from the Manitoba Club.

I'd love, both for the neighbourhood *and* as a fuck-you to the Manitoba Club, for them to build a ground floor interpretative centre with a giant residential tower above. There are some examples of museums with residential above -- the tower being built above MOMA in NY, or the plans to build residential above/around the Princess of Wales theatre in Toronto.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2018, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
All I can say is check out the website, which I conveniently place below for you. They are actively marketing the park for events and are also having fundraising events.

http://www.upperfortgarry.com/
The problem is the actual space for events itself is tiny – so they won't be able to book nearly as many events or charge nearly what they want to in order to raise the funds. There's room for one small tent at best.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan