HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Oct 5, 2012, 7:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeddy1989 View Post
I agree also .. they need to put lights on the outerring road ... no need to put it on all the TCH but at least on the major highways around the city. even the part of teh TCH through Grandfalls winsor has lights

Ideally I'd like to see the lights on the ORR as well as it fenced (just watch the number of moose accidents dramatically drop.. also then they can do work on the highway during the nights! ... solves a BUNCH of problems
No chance of them working on the highways at night around here. That idea was brought up in the news a few weeks ago during the paving of the ORR. Construction companies said it would almost double their costs so they would not even consider it.

But lights should be a high priority. But seeing how it is a federal highway, maintained by the provincial government, it realistically won't happen unless there is a large public outcry for it to happen. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but am I right in saying that the city of St. John's doesn't own or maintain the ORR?)

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's