HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jun 6, 2007, 7:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trvlr70 View Post
I tend to agree with you. But, of course, the city could entrench the road below park level at Queen's Crossing, etc.. for safer pedestrian access to the lake.

Exactly!

Old Posted Jun 7, 2007, 12:35 AM

Pics from 05-21-2007

That framous vantage point. Sorry for the haze, it was far worse before putting the pic through photoshop. Fuckn' pollution....

Note the transfer beams just below the set back..

Old Posted Jun 7, 2007, 12:43 AM

One Museum Park West 05-21-2007

Old Posted Jun 7, 2007, 2:11 AM

Does anyone know how many more cassions they still have to drill?

Old Posted Jun 7, 2007, 2:27 AM

^All of them, foundation work has not started yet. The work beiong performed now is creating a retaining wall by drilling shafts into the soil and then filling them with concrete.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2007, 5:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Shawn View Post
^All of them, foundation work has not started yet. The work beiong performed now is creating a retaining wall by drilling shafts into the soil and then filling them with concrete.
Thanks. Any word on when foundation work is set to begin?

Old Posted Jun 15, 2007, 2:30 AM

Images taken 06/12/07

Old Posted Jun 15, 2007, 12:55 PM

Wow! I'm loving the glass and the balconies. This building is going to be gorgeous.

So far, I'm not in the least bit disappointed.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2007, 2:34 PM

I wish they built them all this fast.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2007, 4:22 PM
Chicagotom SSC

From MP3 roof deck

Old Posted Jun 16, 2007, 4:21 AM
NEW YORK | CHICAGO

Some great new pics guys

Old Posted Jun 18, 2007, 6:58 PM

If I've counted correctly, they are now at the first major setback on the LakeShore Drive side of the building which means they are at the transfer floor...does anyone know for sure?

Old Posted Jun 18, 2007, 7:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagodavid View Post
If I've counted correctly, they are now at the first major setback on the LakeShore Drive side of the building which means they are at the transfer floor...does anyone know for sure?
Check out Chicago Shawn's post a handful of posts back.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2007, 9:01 PM

That is a different setback. I believe another larger setback should take place on this floor that they are working on.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2007, 3:14 AM

The second setback is on the same side of the building as the first one, and it occurs ten floors above it...

Old Posted Jun 20, 2007, 3:52 AM

hey muparktom

are towers 1-3 all part of one massive condo association? i was just wondering because there was talk in tower 4 that omp & ompw might be part of the same association (as us) but then they switched them to all separate. I was just wondering because the pool deck for omp & tower 4 are right next to each other, separated by a short wall. It seems logical to have the two have access to each other. Either way i will be jumping that wall to wander around omp.

Also, i was talking to one of the original residents of tower 4 and he said that they had planned in the beginning to build another tower where the sales center is (instead of townhouses) any insight on this? naturally, because of my participation in this forum i assumed that he didn't know what he was talking about because i haven't heard it mentioned here, but i still wanted to make sure.

"A Chicago man knows he has a mission to accomplish in the world."- Pierre De Coubertin

Old Posted Jun 21, 2007, 12:46 AM
Chicagotom SSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eventually...Chicago View Post
hey muparktom

are towers 1-3 all part of one massive condo association? i was just wondering because there was talk in tower 4 that omp & ompw might be part of the same association (as us) but then they switched them to all separate. I was just wondering because the pool deck for omp & tower 4 are right next to each other, separated by a short wall. It seems logical to have the two have access to each other. Either way i will be jumping that wall to wander around omp.

Also, i was talking to one of the original residents of tower 4 and he said that they had planned in the beginning to build another tower where the sales center is (instead of townhouses) any insight on this? naturally, because of my participation in this forum i assumed that he didn't know what he was talking about because i haven't heard it mentioned here, but i still wanted to make sure.
MP 1 - 3 all have separate condo associations, however there is a combined association that deals with the pool, community room and eventual retail. Tower 4 is completely separate and it's interesting that they already have a coffee shop and drycleaner. Some need services for the development. As for jumping the wall I think that they have put up a 7 foot construction wall for now so you might need to pole vault.

The site plan for the original development did call for a Tower 5 in addition to OMP 1 and OPMW that was to be wrapped with 3 story town homes. It's my understanding that the tower has been scraped. There was some discussion in SCC a few months ago on it. The plan now is to have all town homes. So your friend has it right.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2007, 6:07 AM

OMP, Buckingham Fountain and the southern skyline

Old Posted Jun 21, 2007, 6:12 AM
Everywhere all at once

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_hydrogen View Post
wow that's pretty fuckin' incredible. it looks like they're building a city from scratch.....not unlike Battery Park City in NY, SoWa in Portland, or even Lakeshore East across town. the trend is spreading....

Old Posted Jun 21, 2007, 12:44 PM
Chicagotom SSC

Set Back?

I am out of town so I cant confirm this but it looks like the second setback on OMP1 along the Metra Tracks has take place. Aarron38s post I think shows it.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive