HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Ottawa Photos

Old Posted May 28, 2010, 7:01 PM
National Capital Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchissippi View Post
There is a pile of rocks just off the beach that is currently exposed, that must be it. I paddled right up to it today, I'll take a photo next time.
I was down at the beach today and didn't see them, so unless the water level has changed markedly in the last couple of days, you're looking at something else. In most summers it's still a good foot or two below the surface even in August, so for it to be visible is quite unusual (though I suppose its presence could be detected in a storm as it could crash the waves if the water level is low enough).

I did see the rock pile off the old mill site, which is unusual so early in the year. It's not far from the beach, but it's not at the beach, either.

There's another formation about half of the way from Westboro Beach to the site of the Continental, but again, that's not it.

The rock crib I'm talking about is within 150 m of the beach itself, practically in line with the underpass. When I'm out in the water I know how to find it; it's usually not far beyond the buoy line but the lifeguards do go to some lengths in some years to ensure the rock crib is beyond the buoy line. In fact, when I was there they were setting up to drag the buoys out.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say it's right about here:
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en...02411&t=h&z=19

You can kind of see a change in colour in the water that might be it (there's another more readily apparent object near the top of the screen, which could be another crib...), but it could also just be an imagery artifact.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Ottawa Photos