HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Apr 21, 2016, 2:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tykendo View Post
Truly an eyesore. Some get too attached to their garbage, the same goes with architecture. It's addition through subtraction to me. Continuing the beautification of this area. Just a matter of time before something positive happens to that property.
Since you suggested something like The National Aquarium in Baltimore, it's worth noting that it is adjacent to some of the most significant adaptively reused historical structures in the city (The Power Plant). Power Plant Live is a big attraction.

Panorama Map Link

Additionally, I'm reminded of the Ferrari Museum in Modena Italy.

Very new, surrounded by very old.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2016, 7:07 PM

Quote:
Portland offered as little as $1,000 for snake-bitten Centennial Mills

It's back to square one for Centennial Mills, the city of Portland's most troubled redevelopment project.

The Portland Development Commission recently received offers of $1,000, $100,000 and $3.45 million for a portion of its nearly 5-acre property in the Pearl District.

But officials balked at all three and now say they're evaluating next steps – including the possibility of knocking down more buildings to create a blank slate overlooking the Willamette River.

Based on those purchase offers, it appears Portland's urban renewal agency stands to lose tens of millions of dollars on the mill property, purchased in 2000 but still undeveloped despite the thriving real estate market.
...continues at the Oregonian.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Sep 12, 2016, 8:14 PM

PDC to tack on another $1M to demolish even more of Centennial Mills
Sep 12, 2016, 11:45am PDT
Jon Bell
Staff Reporter
Portland Business Journal

http://www.bizjournals.com/portland/...978&j=75757952

Quote:
The more demolition crews have shined new light on the long-hidden innards of Centennial Mills, the more surprises they've revealed.

The latest: a former feed mill building that was once being considered for restoration is now in danger of collapsing into the Willamette River. As a result, the Portland Development Commission will consider tacking a little more than $1 million onto a contract with Northwest Demolition and Dismantling to tear the building down. PDC has approved a total budget for the demolition of $13.7 million and notes in a report that the additional costs of demolishing the feed mill remain within budget.

...(continues)

Old Posted Oct 2, 2016, 12:55 AM

Old Posted Feb 6, 2017, 8:21 PM

On PDC agenda for Wednesday:

Quote:
Report 17-06: Information Item: Update on Centennial Mills and Request for PDC Board Recommendation on Next Steps
Clearly they are keen to get the mounted patrol unit out of there.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2017, 7:44 AM

Presentation about Centennial Mills begins at 1 hour 18 minutes in:

Video Link

Old Posted Feb 20, 2017, 6:14 AM
Submarine de Nucléar

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
Quote:
Officials already have spent an estimated $22 million on the site. Knocking down two remaining buildings -- a feed and flour mill that officials hope to preserve -- could cost $2.4 million more.
Jesus Christ, what a waste. Total incompetence in redeveloping this site. Should have been finished a decade ago. Why the hell do they hang onto it when they have multiple offers to purchase it? To blow more money on demolition?

Old Posted Feb 20, 2017, 8:02 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilfondel View Post
Jesus Christ, what a waste. Total incompetence in redeveloping this site. Should have been finished a decade ago. Why the hell do they hang onto it when they have multiple offers to purchase it? To blow more money on demolition?
It has definitely been a disappointment, when the whole museum type renovation idea feel through when the economy collapsed was when I considered this building as good as gone....though I didn't expect so much money to be blown on it just to slowly tear it down.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2017, 7:40 PM

On City Council agenda for Wednesday:

Quote:
267 TIME CERTAIN: 9:45 AM – Adopt the Portland Development Commission’s recommendation to fully redevelop the Centennial Mills property (Resolution introduced by Mayor Wheeler) 45 minutes requested
In summary: PDC wants to redevelop site without mounted patrol unit.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2017, 7:43 PM

Quote:
PDC, council opt for full development option at Centennial Mills

The Portland City Council yesterday gave the go-ahead to the Portland Development Commission to pursue full development of the Centennial Mills property.

Back in February, PDC laid out two different options for the former grain mill site. One would have only developed about a third of the property with a mixed-use development while maintaining Portland Police's Mounted Patrol Unit presence on the site.

The second, assuming the MPU did not relocate to the property, envisioned a full development plan with about 400,000 square feet of new development, including 426 residential units and about 17,000 square feet of commercial space. Some 20,000 square feet of creative office space would be made available in the existing flour mill building, and there would also be two open spaces of about 10,000 square feet each.
...continues at the Portland Business Journal.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2017, 1:12 AM

Quote:
Isn't that what the last developer suggested? Why is this taking soooo long? Has the PDC accomplished anything recently? I understand they are renovating the parking garage at the Gallery MAX stop, and are building another parking garage in the Rose Quarter. What else?

Old Posted Jun 10, 2017, 10:19 PM

On Prosper Portland [PDC] agenda for Wednesday:

Quote:
Information Item: Update on Centennial Mills

Report 17-25

Old Posted Apr 10, 2018, 3:53 PM

Prosper Portland intends to enter into a DDA with Lynd, a Texas based developer. 400 units, retention of the flour mill.

https://prosperportland.us/wp-conten...port-18-13.pdf

Old Posted Apr 10, 2018, 4:11 PM
A before E

Quote:
Prosper Portland intends to enter into a DDA with Lynd, a Texas based developer. 400 units, retention of the flour mill.

https://prosperportland.us/wp-conten...port-18-13.pdf
If this saves the mill, I am all for this sale.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2018, 7:13 AM

Quote:
Portland may sell Centennial Mills land to condo developer

Portland may finally have a buyer for the rundown Centennial Mills property in close-in Northwest Portland.

Prosper Portland, the city economic development agency, plans to begin "exclusive" sale negotiations for the 4.4 acre riverfront property with San Antonio-based luxury condo developer Lynd Corporate, according to a city report.

A deal is far from certain. Centennial Mills is perhaps Portland's most cursed redevelopment site.

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 1:57 AM

Inclusionary housing (IH) will apply to this project, correct?

Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 4:15 AM

Yes

Old Posted May 29, 2018, 7:08 PM

SERA Architects have scheduled a Pre-Application Conference to discuss a Master Plan for Centennial Mills:

Quote:
Master Plan - the developer intends to pursue a voluntary CC Master Plan (33.510.255) to establish the development framework for a mixed-use waterfront redevelopment.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2018, 12:25 AM

Old Posted Jun 12, 2018, 2:12 AM

Quote:
Good to see more condos proposed. And a hotel...hmmm?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland