HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Central Park Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jun 10, 2015, 11:21 PM

All i want is........

The mast 2 reach 1,816 feet. 1 foot taller then CN Tower! I don't care if this building is silver, green, blue, black or periwinkle . I want the tallest in the western hemisphere title back to Manhattan.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2015, 2:16 AM
BANNED

Today

Old Posted Jun 11, 2015, 4:01 PM

I'm actually looking forward to this tower more than any other under construction currently it's going to be really cool to see. I saw the news reports that they said it would be taller then 1776 feet but then the developer said they would keep it at 1775 feet out of respect for 1wtc but which is true?

Old Posted Jun 11, 2015, 4:33 PM

^ We don't know yet, will have to wait to find out.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2015, 4:39 PM

I think they should go for it! 1wtc won't be the tallest forever anyway, & NY always has had a friendly competition beginning with the Chrysler & ESB. Either way this is going to be a really cool tower. Maybe they should shoot for higher than the CN Tower

Old Posted Jun 11, 2015, 8:44 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonV View Post
I think they should go for it! 1wtc won't be the tallest forever anyway, & NY always has had a friendly competition beginning with the Chrysler & ESB. Either way this is going to be a really cool tower. Maybe they should shoot for higher than the CN Tower
If this man fulfills his dream, it could be slightly over 2100 ft. And in Chinatown!

Pipedream, but.... never underestimate the Chinese people. They build skyscrapers in less than a month.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2015, 9:27 PM

I really like the Nordstrom Tower it's going to be fun to compare it to 432 Park. It's roof height will be far taller than 1wtc's roof height. They might as well make the antenna higher than 1wtc's since it's really going to be way taller than 1wtc anyway by all measures that truly count (roof height).

Last edited by NYguy; Jun 12, 2015 at 4:20 AM.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2015, 9:29 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Its good that NYC is churning out tons of supertalls. This is the roaring 20's all over again.

Last edited by NYguy; Jun 12, 2015 at 4:20 AM.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2015, 9:38 PM
Ex Houstonian

^
Hopefully not followed by another great depression...

Old Posted Jun 12, 2015, 4:25 AM
New Yorker for life

If you want to talk about China or Canada or anywhere else this tower isn't being built, don't. If you want to discuss the Nordstrom tower, carry on as usual.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2015, 6:42 PM
N40° 46.8925', W073° 57.3

Tidbit
The Nordstrom will utilize approximately 51,000 tons of structural steel. If you compared it to the 1 WTC, it used approximately 45,000 tons.

via DOB
http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/BS...de=SC456987123

1 WTC fact sheet:
https://www.panynj.gov/wtcprogress/p...act-Sheets.pdf

Old Posted Jun 12, 2015, 10:47 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
It's roof height will be far taller than 1wtc's roof height.
The roof height is 1,522'. Certainly not "far taller" but a nice bump for sure.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2015, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
The roof height is 1,522'. Certainly not "far taller" but a nice bump for sure.
True. Even 432 Park at its 1396 feet is visibly structurally taller than 1wtc even from Midtown so I can imagine how immense Nordstrom will appear when it's done

Old Posted Jun 12, 2015, 11:27 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
True. Even 432 Park at its 1396 feet is visibly structurally taller than 1wtc even from Midtown so I can imagine how immense Nordstrom will appear when it's done
Elevation differences will make for some grandiose skyline shots.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2015, 11:59 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
That's true, and with the elevation difference Nordstrom should appear close to ~1600 to the roof which is definitely a noticeable difference, but I think it would be really great if there were a true signature tower that dwarfed 1WTC (really making 1WTC look small would require a roof height higher than its pinnacle).

Someday... for now 1,522' is a great milestone and perhaps long overdue.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2015, 12:18 AM

Midtown is where it's at now & where it will be for quite some time for NY super/megatalls due to the demand for the residential specialty highrises so all the more for us to enjoy

In New York these things seem to shift back & forth so maybe in a few decades as the area around 1wtc develops more & more & the site becomes more crowded & lucrative for whatever purposes, perhaps more super/megatalls will develop around 1wtc but that will be a long time coming I don't think we'll see anything taller than 1wtc downtown for quite some time, if ever. I could be wrong of course but just my hunch.

But we can enjoy the cool boom in Midtown Btw, does anyone have any renderings of Nordstom from the base looking up I was just curious to see how that will look.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2015, 12:20 AM

And forgive me but is Nordstrom going to have a glass curtain wall encasing it like 1wtc or will it be a mix/composite, or will it have a concrete or steel exterior? Just was wondering as I looked at some of the renders, thanks

Old Posted Jun 13, 2015, 1:41 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Midtown is where it's at now & where it will be for quite some time for NY super/megatalls due to the demand for the residential specialty highrises so all the more for us to enjoy

In New York these things seem to shift back & forth so maybe in a few decades as the area around 1wtc develops more & more & the site becomes more crowded & lucrative for whatever purposes, perhaps more super/megatalls will develop around 1wtc but that will be a long time coming I don't think we'll see anything taller than 1wtc downtown for quite some time, if ever. I could be wrong of course but just my hunch.

But we can enjoy the cool boom in Midtown Btw, does anyone have any renderings of Nordstom from the base looking up I was just curious to see how that will look.
It's rumored that SHoP's tower could go higher than 1WTC's roof at least (80 South Street).

Not sure if that's still accurate though

Old Posted Jun 13, 2015, 3:48 AM
New Yorker for life

Let's keep this discussion on the Nordstrom tower. All other issues can be discussed in appropriate threads.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2015, 4:09 AM
N40° 46.8925', W073° 57.3

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive