HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Number One Bloor in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Toronto Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Toronto Forum   • Toronto Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 28, 2011, 9:36 PM
BROOKLYN

The roof looks interesting, anyone know what thats going to be like?

Old Posted Mar 30, 2011, 2:28 PM
gettin' rich!

Well, from the renders it appears the crown will be very dramatic and lit as well.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2011, 4:35 PM
gettin' rich!

Quote:
Originally Posted by interchange42 View Post
One Bloor Interior Design by Cecconi Simone

Urban Toronto sat down recently with Anna Simone, founding partner and principal of Cecconi Simone, to discuss the striking and all-encompassing interior design for the 30,000 square-foot spa and amenities areas at One Bloor by Great Gulf Homes.

Text by Doug Convoy; renderings courtesy of Great Gulf Homes

Ms. Simone described the fluid, “morphic” interior design as an extension of the landmark building’s exterior architecture by Hariri Pontarini Architects but with its own unique and unforgettable vocabulary. The totality of design engages every surface in continuous movement, with planes and spaces overflowing into each other, collapsing interior and exterior and embracing nature. Elements of fire, water, and earth are present throughout, weaving together the spa and lifestyle experience at One Bloor in line with its maxim “This is your fantasy.”

The Lobby enveloped in billowing surface planes for a memorable introduction to One Bloor

The Look-out Fireplace Lounge with cascading sinews and biomorphic 'legs' extending from an undulating ceiling – 6th floor

Lounge area with rippling walls and swelling ceiling (not depicted effectively in this rendering) – 6th floor

The cocoon-like aqua spa area with jet message, hot plunge, and cold plunge pools and fireplace – 6th floor

The 30,000 sq ft spa at One Bloor – 12,000 sq ft of interior space and 18,000 sq ft of exterior space – encompasses aroma tepidarium steam baths, laconiums, ice fountains, experience showers, and treatment rooms, in addition to a Kinesis / Pilates Room, a Yoga / Spinning Room, a weights area, and two cardio fitness areas.

Hot tub (foreground) and indoor-outdoor swimming pool and fireplace – 7th floor

Extensive glazing and natural foliage blur interior and exterior. Rolling, folding surface planes link interior design and exterior architecture.

The 18,000 sq ft outdoor terrace with year-round swimming pool, fireplace, and reflective canopies designed by Janet Rosenberg + Associates in close collaboration with Cecconi Simone – 7th floor

Floorplan – 6th floor

Look-out Fireplace Lounge in 2nd image – lower left
Lounge area in 3rd image – lower centre
Aqua spa area in 4th image – upper centre

Floorplan – 7th floor

Hot tub and indoor-outdoor swimming pool in 5th image – middle centre
Outdoor terrace with year-round swimming pool and reflective canopies in 6th image – lower right

Cecconi Simone currently is in discussion with various trades to formulate strategies for achieving this high-concept interior design as rendered. There are numerous ways of doing so and both Cecconi Simone and Great Gulf Homes are determined to realise this vision for One Bloor without compromise. Urban Toronto looks forward to experiencing these dramatic spaces first hand in a few years’ time.

One Bloor Interiors from posted at UT

Old Posted Apr 7, 2011, 5:44 PM

Props for the render. I love that room with the Jacuzzis! Is there going to be a ttc connection with an underground retail component like HR center?

Old Posted Apr 7, 2011, 7:05 PM
The Vomit Bag.

looks incredible.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Apr 8, 2011, 3:57 AM
Urban Fanactic

Very nice interior renders.
I like how you could just roll off of the lounge chair into the pool, I always wanted something like that.
Maybe in a few years I could have my lounge chair next to a pool (Probably will be an above ground pool in a backyard and don't know how that will work out unless I have a deck).

Old Posted Apr 8, 2011, 2:06 PM
gettin' rich!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traynor View Post
Anyway... While we wait for a higher resolution of that view...

Inspired by the Photo of the Day on April 5 on Urban Toronto, I whipped up a One Bloor render from the South. Urban Toronto forumers wanted to know what this view may look like when Great Gulf Homes completes their 70 storey condominium known as One Bloor.

It's not perfect, but I got tired of drawing. Well here's my guess:

(Adjusted original. Original by tomms at Urban Toronto found here: http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.ph...arini)/page122 )

Posted by Traynor.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2011, 5:25 PM

I am curious. I heard there was talk of a height increase for this one...did that not happen? Gorgeous building and look forward to seeing this one completed!

Old Posted Apr 9, 2011, 6:17 PM
gettin' rich!

Yes, height speculation is all the rage with One Bloor. The building is confirmed for 70 Storeys. But construction is yet to start, and Great Gulf, the developer, is rumoured to be adding floors - possible to 80 floors and supertall status. But we won't hold our breath for that!

Old Posted Apr 9, 2011, 7:03 PM

10 floors won't bring it to 1000 ft. It likely won't even bring it to 900 feet.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2011, 8:20 PM

I honestly don't see why GG wouldn't sell an additional 10 floors. It's reasonably priced compared to the likes of One Bedford and Four Seasons. The developer could build a 290 m tower as the site and make more $$ as the site is already approved for this.
Regardless, there's always the infamous 3 story building on the southwest corner which has excellent supertall potential. There's also the stubby, obnoxious scotiabank site.

I'm sure this wait will be worth it.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2011, 6:40 PM
gettin' rich!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traynor View Post
Well here it is.

It took over a week of not doing anything else but this render. (Lucky I am the boss and can't get fired.)

This is the high resolution Super Skyline panorama of many of the projects under construction or planned for the near future. The original photograph was generously supplied by interchange42. It was taken on his visit to Churchill Condos by Tower Hill at Spadina and St.Clair. I cropped the original and removed the unsightly transmission tower before I added the renders.

The full size and legend of all the projects is below.

(Original image courtesy interchange42)

Below is the cropped original, the render and the render with a legend of all the projects. Click on Next to compare before and after or click on the image to see it full size.
by Traynor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That guy is crazy, man.

He has a bigger /higher resolution picture posted at UT
http://urbantoronto.ca/picoftheday/i...Future3210.jpg

Old Posted Apr 19, 2011, 11:08 AM
gettin' rich!

12 more days until May, this one is getting closer to beginning.....

Old Posted May 2, 2011, 6:40 PM

.....Its is the 2nd of May

Old Posted May 3, 2011, 3:05 PM
gettin' rich!

Well actually today is the third. But I'll scoot around to see if there is any word on construction beginning.

Old Posted May 14, 2011, 5:59 PM
gettin' rich!

Apparently when the shoring equipment at the X2 site is complete, Great Gulf will move that equipment over to the One Bloor site to begin excavation work here.

Still not as fast as I'd liked, but better than nothing.

Old Posted May 15, 2011, 9:50 PM
gettin' rich!

Regarding One Bloor:

This might be old news, but its new to me. The permits for construction have been secured from the city, in addition there appear to be 2 construction trailers on site now, not just the one I had seen there previously.

Great Gulf post an ad in the paper yesterday, stating that construction on One Bloor is now underway. The shoring equiment at X2 will be finished there in 2 weeks, and can then move over to the Bloor Street site.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2011, 6:57 PM
gettin' rich!

Excavation work has started on this one...

From andrioduk at UT

Old Posted Jun 14, 2011, 6:43 PM
gettin' rich!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedyusali View Post
I Heard GG is planing ground breaking ceremony on Tuesday June 28, at 11:45 pm with guest who invited this ground breaking ceremony included Ontario Primer and Toronto Mayor, anyone can confirm this rumours ?
Something to get you wet!

Old Posted Jun 15, 2011, 2:54 AM

Curious but wasn't there talks on a possible increase in the amount of units and the height on this one a while back? Did anything come of that?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive