HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Arts, Culture & Entertainment

Old Posted Jul 29, 2008, 6:22 AM

Talking Pemberton Music Festival

Live Nation's Pemberton Festival Celebrates Triumphant Success in its Inaugural Year

Last update: 3:30 p.m. EDT July 28, 2008

PEMBERTON, British Columbia, July 28, 2008 /PRNewswire-First Call via COMTEX/ -- Drawing music fans from all over the world to one of its most majestic settings, Live Nation and Good Boy Production's Pemberton Festival reached its full capacity of 40,000 music fans this past weekend, making the three day event a triumphant success in its very first year.

The festival capitalized on Live Nation's unparalleled vertically integrated platform, with the company producing the festival, handling all of the ticketing, website, merchandise and creative services.

In a business where multi-day festivals can take years to become established, the success of Pemberton in its inaugural year is a testament to an incredible line-up of artists, led by headliners Coldplay, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Nine Inch Nails, JAY-Z and The Tragically Hip. The success also speaks to the beauty of the setting where artists performed against the beautiful backdrop of Mount Currie to fans enjoying the event on the grounds of some of Canada's richest farm country.

Rolling Stone exclaimed that "the first annual Pemberton Festival will gladly take the title of next Glastonbury."

"We built a world-class music festival from scratch which attracted the world's most successful and talented artists and music fans from every corner of the globe," said Shane Bourbonnais, President of Touring and Business Development for Live Nation Canada. "The lessons we've learned as the global leader in festival production and the enormous support we received from the government and people of Pemberton all came together to create a one-of-a-kind event that we expect to produce for many years to come."

Featuring two stages and two performance tents, a festival village and camping facilities which drew more than 21,000 campers as well as an RV park, the Pemberton Festival lineup included more than 120 performers in all. Hydro-electric energy was the main power source for the festival's energy and local Pemberton Valley farm products, which the area is well known for, were served throughout the 360 acre festival site. A farmer's market -- where local farmers sold their goods directly to concert-goers -- was also featured at the site. It is estimated that the festival generated more than $20 million for the local economy.

With more than 30 multi-day festivals staged around the world, Live Nation is the global leader in the production of festivals.

Anyhow, some pictures:

RCMP helicopter

Old Posted Jul 29, 2008, 1:18 PM
testify

right on! nice pics, thanks for those. i like the first one especially. a shout out to my okc emcee!

Old Posted Jul 29, 2008, 7:31 PM

Here's some good pictures from Pemberton by Aaron Vanimere at pitchforkmedia.com

Friday: http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/articl...estival-friday

Saturday: http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/articl...tival-saturday

Sunday: http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/articl...estival-sunday

Old Posted Jul 29, 2008, 7:41 PM

i wonder who will be there next year

exciting

i heard jay z stole the show

Old Posted Jul 30, 2008, 1:44 AM

^ jay z was quite impressive! definitely more so than i was expecting. my morning jacket, coldplay, tom petty, wolfmother and airborne toxic event were also great shows.

probably one of the best weekends of my life. long live pemby.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2008, 7:35 AM

Here's a panorama shot of the crowd:

Old Posted Aug 4, 2008, 10:25 AM

those are some crazy pics, thanks for posting them.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Arts, Culture & Entertainment