HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Dec 10, 2007, 4:16 PM
Community Guy

welcome CDNKLC:>

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Dec 10, 2007, 5:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
welcome CDNKLC:>
thanks ian (although i never did feel "unwelcome").

ken

Old Posted Dec 10, 2007, 10:21 PM

cdnklc welcome to the forum and congrats. I like some have reservations on the project, however if you do impliment it properly it could turn out very well. To me it is vitally important that the project has street integration both north and south. You never want the project to cut things off from the rest of downtown, which to me hurts both you as the developer with the project (street traffic adds to the value of the property in terms of sales etc therefore higher retail rental rates) and adds to the life of the city in its core. By the way if possible please influence the city of Edmonton to have the portal for the NLRT on the other side of 101 Street. We do not need the LRT cutting off traffic every 5 mins on that street. The LRT portal should be well past 101 Street so that continued development along the artery can occur.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2007, 10:25 PM
Community Guy

^south doesnt work well given they dont own the land to the south, but they should have provisions to make it integrate potentially.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Dec 11, 2007, 12:22 AM

Good to see you posting to the forum, Ken! And congrats once again to you and Qualico!

Whether some here like it or not, Epcor Tower is indeed the most exciting new high-rise building to be built in Edmonton in two decades and is very much a cause for celebration (I am still giddy with glee, myself, and I'm not being sarcastic).

It is very much my hope, Ken, that you will, as much as you are able, keep us up to date on future developments with Stationlands.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2007, 1:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big W View Post
cdnklc welcome to the forum and congrats. I like some have reservations on the project, however if you do impliment it properly it could turn out very well. To me it is vitally important that the project has street integration both north and south. You never want the project to cut things off from the rest of downtown, which to me hurts both you as the developer with the project (street traffic adds to the value of the property in terms of sales etc therefore higher retail rental rates) and adds to the life of the city in its core. By the way if possible please influence the city of Edmonton to have the portal for the NLRT on the other side of 101 Street. We do not need the LRT cutting off traffic every 5 mins on that street. The LRT portal should be well past 101 Street so that continued development along the artery can occur.
if it means anything, the entire project has no "blank" faces to the adjacent streets (as opposed to the one adjacent property which is a fire/code issue). there are some grade elevation changes along 101 st. and 97 st. which were a bit challenging but gave us a chance to develop some pretty interesting water features etc. to take advantage of them along with allowing us to seperate pedestrian traffic from vehicular traffic. we are working with lrt to ensure building construction allows for future nwlrt construction although this will happen under and not over our site. the portal location on 105 ave, is likely to be well "clear" of 101 st. and should not affect north/south traffic flow at all.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2007, 1:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy33 View Post
Good to see you posting to the forum, Ken! And congrats once again to you and Qualico!

Whether some here like it or not, Epcor Tower is indeed the most exciting new high-rise building to be built in Edmonton in two decades and is very much a cause for celebration (I am still giddy with glee, myself, and I'm not being sarcastic).

It is very much my hope, Ken, that you will, as much as you are able, keep us up to date on future developments with Stationlands.
as long as it's generic (i.e. not confidential relating to any particular deal) i will be happy to try and continue to do just that. our own web-sites are a bit "behind" and dated at the moment (remember that old confidentiality thing?) but we are playing catch-up as quickly as we can although with the holidays it may be early in the new year before they both get completely overhauled. at least that would put it in time for the ground-breaking.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton