HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Hanover Post Oak in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Houston Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Houston Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 4, 2007, 1:27 AM
Houstonian

Lightbulb HOUSTON | Hanover Post Oak | FT | 29 FL

Current Project Design... Subject to change..

37 story Hanover Condo "Landmark Tower"

~40-45 or 60+? story Ritz Hotel/residence

~40-45 story tower tenant not yet known

Also a shopping complex in front.

Shopping complex is currently going up then in the 2nd quarter of this year the Hanover Condo goes up (hopefully)..

link to the project..
http://www.wulfe.com/BoulevardPlace.asp

Project Talk..
http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/...showtopic=6106

Biz Journal
http://houston.bizjournals.com/houst...24/story7.html
Quote:
Wulfe also said it is "pretty definite" that the apartment building will be developed by Houston-based Hanover Co. An industry source says Hanover plans to buy Wulfe's land for a 55-story apartment tower, making it the second-tallest building in the Galleria area behind the Williams Tower.
Quote:
The first building will rise at the project's southern boundary, at the northwest corner of Post Oak Boulevard and Ambassador Way. The 70,000-square-foot building will house seven tenants currently in the Pavilion on Post Oak and Fashion Place retail centers that are relocating to Blvd Place -- including Cafe Annie, Americas and Hermes. Once the tenants move, the older retail centers will be demolished and the remainder of Blvd Place will go under construction.
Any other details please post below so I can update it..

Last edited by KevinFromTexas; Jul 11, 2013 at 9:15 PM. Reason: title change

Old Posted Nov 8, 2007, 6:10 AM
FYHA

Someone on HAIF mentioned a rumor of the possible Ritz being up to 60 stories. If only...

Out of the speculative world, and in reality for a second - I've driven by the center recently. Funny to think that some of those tenants are still open for the construction. Guess Wulfe wasn't joking when he said something was going to be shoveled in October.

I can't wait to see it as the construction really picks up!

Old Posted Dec 10, 2007, 4:48 AM
FYHA

Here are some photos I took this afternoon of the early stages of demolition around the existing center, and some of the signs around the property...

Old Posted Dec 10, 2007, 3:55 PM

Great stuff. Is there any sort of plan in place to make the Uptown/Galleria area more pedestrian-friendly? I love the density but man, the pedestrian connections around there really suck. I know eventually the light rail will get out that way, which should help alot.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2007, 9:25 PM
FYHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaLFuego View Post
Great stuff. Is there any sort of plan in place to make the Uptown/Galleria area more pedestrian-friendly? I love the density but man, the pedestrian connections around there really suck. I know eventually the light rail will get out that way, which should help alot.
Speaking as the person who was walking around taking the photos, I would definitely appreciate some more attention to the pedestrian. Given the number of residential projects proposed in the Uptown area that are being built closer and closer together, it would make sense regardless of whatever the projected clientele's lifestyle may be. That's probably one of the major factors impeding the development of such things earlier on... preconcieved notions and the like.

Considering the 55-story rental tower by Hanover would have around 300 units and the luxury hotel tower would have 175 condo units for sale in addition to the 225 rooms for regular guests... that's a lot more people in just that small area. Something has to come about, and hopefully it will coincide with the rail plan that has been approved over the past few months.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2007, 6:47 PM
Baryonic Lord

nice

Old Posted Dec 28, 2007, 3:47 PM
Baryonic Lord

i need to swing by there.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2007, 12:09 AM

I like it.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2007, 6:43 AM

The Ritz is definitely going in. This development will also be right next to the San Felipe Rail Station.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2007, 4:14 PM
Baryonic Lord

nice

Old Posted Dec 31, 2007, 5:39 PM

So will there be a 60 story involved?

Old Posted Dec 31, 2007, 5:49 PM

No, but a 55-story tower and two 45 story towers.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2007, 10:20 PM

Well I know that... however, there was rumor of the 55-story actually being over 60 stories. Is that real?

Old Posted Jan 2, 2008, 4:52 AM
FYHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzco1 View Post
Well I know that... however, there was rumor of the 55-story actually being over 60 stories. Is that real?
The 60 story tower was a rumor for a proposed hotel/condo mix. Not sure of the validity of any of it though. It does have some popularity among a number of people who work nearby, but other than that... I don't think there's much more to say.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2008, 5:49 AM

WOW...just WOW

This is huge news for Uptown!

We are looking at 3 massively tall buildings here folks, one in the 700-800 foot range, & two in the 600-700 foot range. The 55 story tower would easily over take San Felipe Plaza as being the second tallest building in Houston outside of downtown.

Here are some interesting numbers taken from a couple of downtown Houston's tallest buildings

Bank of America - 56 stories, 780 ft.

Enterprise Plaza - 55 stories, 756 ft.

Last edited by Metro Matt; Jan 2, 2008 at 6:11 AM.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2008, 3:27 PM

The 55 story tower is rumored to be a Hanover Development Apartment tower. Therefore, it wouldn't be as tall as a 55 story office tower. Office towers require more space between the floors and typically have higher floors as well. A generally rule of thumb is to use 14-15 feet times the number of floors for offices and 11-12 feet times the number of floors for residential towers.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2008, 5:53 PM

Even with those figures we are still looking at a 600 foot tower or better, which could surpass San Felipe Plaza at 625 ft.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2008, 6:49 PM
Baryonic Lord

This should be in midtown.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2008, 4:35 AM
FYHA

From today's business section...

Quote:
The Ritz-Carlton is close to sealing a deal to operate a hotel in BLVD Place, according to a source familiar with the situation.

Wulfe & Co. is developing the 21-acre mixed-use project, planned for the corner of Post Oak Boulevard and San Felipe.

Developer Ed Wulfe wouldn't comment, and a representative of Ritz-Carlton, a division of Marriott International, could not be reached.

The deal would be a return to the market for the luxury hotelier.

The St. Regis on Briar Oaks Lane near San Felipe was a Ritz-Carlton before the hostelry terminated its contract in the late 1990s because of financial and management disputes with the property owner.

Several years later, downtown's historic Texaco building was considered for a Ritz, but it never happened.

If the deal gets signed, the property is likely to include condos.

Luxury hoteliers have been putting residential units in their properties to help subsidize the cost of building their high-end projects.

"The way they make numbers work is to build condos in conjunction," said hotel consultant John Keeling of PKF.

The Ritz-Carlton would compete with other Galleria-area hotels, such as the St. Regis, the Houstonian, the Westin and the Omni.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2008, 9:17 PM
FYHA

Speaking of the Ritz, someone leaked these renderings to Swamplot...

More at: http://swamplot.com/a-first-look-at-...-16/#more-1011

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive