HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 21, 2011, 5:51 AM
-

No other information really, but that company London Taxis is who they are working with. After using the cabs in London while I was living there I can say they are really convenient.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2011, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
No other information really, but that company London Taxis is who they are working with. After using the cabs in London while I was living there I can say they are really convenient.
Thanks for the response. They look great, especially if that 700,000 mile claim is anywhere close to accurate, but it looks like the current model hasn't been homologated for use in the U.S., so not sure how that would be dealt with.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2011, 6:10 PM

Quote:
Looks like Iberville has gone to bid already!

[New project.] 1360363 New Orleans, LA Elderly Care / Assisted Living, Hotel / Motel, Medical, 06/20/2011
Description Site work and new construction of a mixed-use facility in New Orleans. Completed plans call for 570,000 square feet of retail space, including 81,200 square feet of restaurant space. There will be four, four-story senior housing buildings and two, ...Click here for complete Project Details
Sorry... this isn't Iberville. This is a project going by the name of New Orleans Promenade out in New Orleans East at I-10 and Read.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2011, 7:41 PM

Market Street Properties LLC back in U.S. Bankruptcy Court Tuesday

http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...ies_llc_b.html

concerning the Market Street Power Plant...

Old Posted Jun 21, 2011, 8:28 PM

Found a link that shows what the New Orleans Promenade is supposed to look like. Typical life style center design, but this is great news for New Orleans East.

http://www.pgal.com/portfolio/new-or...-use-center-2/

Old Posted Jun 21, 2011, 9:59 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend_Cletus View Post
Sorry... this isn't Iberville. This is a project going by the name of New Orleans Promenade out in New Orleans East at I-10 and Read.
Darn I thought for sure that was it. This project sounds huge for the east, but great news nonetheless!

Old Posted Jun 22, 2011, 1:16 AM
Sawmill Billowtoker

This forum is not best for engaging in partisan politics.

Last edited by Xelebes; Jun 22, 2011 at 1:54 AM.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2011, 5:36 AM
-

Not sure if everyone here has had a chance but there are five new suggested redistricting maps on the city council website. Not too many large changes really, but nonetheless worth taking a look at!

Old Posted Jun 22, 2011, 12:29 PM

Lighting around the Superdome will be a colorful final touch in renovations

At its monthly meeting Tuesday afternoon, the LSED -- the board appointed by Gov. Bobby Jindal to plan, finance, construct, develop, maintain and operate six state-owned facilities including the Superdome and the New Orleans Arena -- voted to approve an LED lighting system outside of the Superdome. The system, which will cost about $1.6 million and will be paid for out of the current $85 million renovation budget, will illuminate the outside of the Dome in different colors.

Although the price tag seems costly, Dome officials told LSED members that it will save money over the long haul because it'll reduce the cost of the monthly energy bill.

The lighting will be similar to the temporary system that was in place for the 2006 "Monday Night Football" re-opening of the Superdome.

But Dome officials said this system will be used permanently, and on a nightly basis, reflecting multiple colors off the stadium while further enhancing its place in the New Orleans skyline.

"It's pretty dramatic," said Doug Thornton, the senior vice president of SMG, the company the runs the Superdome and Arena on behalf of the state. "This is all a part of the re-branding of the Dome. We think the Superdome will be a destination for people to see. It will be a very nice change."

Commissioner Robert Bruno was so enamored with the fancy lighting system that he suggested SMG look into adding the features to the New Orleans Arena and Zephyr Field.

Full Article

Old Posted Jun 22, 2011, 2:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sguil1 View Post
Market Street Properties LLC back in U.S. Bankruptcy Court Tuesday

http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...ies_llc_b.html

concerning the Market Street Power Plant...
Doesn't seem very promising

Old Posted Jun 22, 2011, 3:00 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaWave View Post
Doesn't seem very promising
Personallly I dont see this area developing without some kind of committed streetcar from the city.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2011, 3:03 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgpatel View Post
At its monthly meeting Tuesday afternoon, the LSED -- the board appointed by Gov. Bobby Jindal to plan, finance, construct, develop, maintain and operate six state-owned facilities including the Superdome and the New Orleans Arena -- voted to approve an LED lighting system outside of the Superdome. The system, which will cost about $1.6 million and will be paid for out of the current $85 million renovation budget, will illuminate the outside of the Dome in different colors.

Although the price tag seems costly, Dome officials told LSED members that it will save money over the long haul because it'll reduce the cost of the monthly energy bill.

The lighting will be similar to the temporary system that was in place for the 2006 "Monday Night Football" re-opening of the Superdome.

But Dome officials said this system will be used permanently, and on a nightly basis, reflecting multiple colors off the stadium while further enhancing its place in the New Orleans skyline.

"It's pretty dramatic," said Doug Thornton, the senior vice president of SMG, the company the runs the Superdome and Arena on behalf of the state. "This is all a part of the re-branding of the Dome. We think the Superdome will be a destination for people to see. It will be a very nice change."

Commissioner Robert Bruno was so enamored with the fancy lighting system that he suggested SMG look into adding the features to the New Orleans Arena and Zephyr Field.

Full Article
The only other thing I think the Superdome needs are new jumbotrons inside and better ones outside as well. They look small and dated!

Old Posted Jun 22, 2011, 7:26 PM

Legislative hurdle for new teaching hospital killed

BATON ROUGE — An attempt to add legislative roadblocks to construction of a new public medical center in New Orleans failed to gain passage in the House, killing the proposal for the session.

The proposal, rejected in a 54-37 House vote against it, would have required another layer of legislative approval from both the full House and Senate before dollars could be borrowed or contracts could be made to build the University Medical Center.

Supporters said lawmakers needed to review how the facility could affect the state’s budget. Opponents said further hurdles would add unnecessary bureaucracy.

About $750 million is available for the medical center without borrowing. The hospital is proposed to cost $1.2 billion, though conversations continue about whether it should be scaled back

http://neworleanscitybusiness.com/bl...spital-killed/

Old Posted Jun 22, 2011, 8:22 PM
-

Good they should just build what they can and find the additional financing as time goes by. Its going to take 3-4 years to build it anyway!

Old Posted Jun 22, 2011, 8:45 PM
-

This looks like the bid for the new highrise on Canal and Rampart!

1627155 New Orleans, LA Multi-Residential, Retail 06/22/2011
Description Site work and new construction of a mixed-use development in New Orleans. Design development plans call for the demolition of an existing building and the construction of a 189-foot tower consisting of 40,000 square feet of ground floor retail, 300 ...Click here for complete Project Details

Old Posted Jun 22, 2011, 9:03 PM

Quote:
The only other thing I think the Superdome needs are new jumbotrons inside and better ones outside as well. They look small and dated!
I heard the several television screens around the Dome were going to be replaced after this upcoming season, but before the Superbowl. I don't know if that includes jumbotrons.

Quote:

Description Site work and new construction of a mixed-use development in New Orleans. Design development plans call for the demolition of an existing building and the construction of a 189-foot tower consisting of 40,000 square feet of ground floor retail, 300 ...Click here for complete Project Details
I think you're right, I certainly hope so!!

Old Posted Jun 22, 2011, 11:35 PM
-

[QUOTE=Blitzen;5325008]I heard the several television screens around the Dome were going to be replaced after this upcoming season, but before the Superbowl. I don't know if that includes jumbotrons.
QUOTE]

Specifically the sign on Poydras right in front of the dome is pathetic. They need to install something that is truly grand and very visible~!

Old Posted Jun 22, 2011, 11:40 PM

Quote:

Is that 1031 Canal? Does this mean it was approved?

Old Posted Jun 22, 2011, 11:49 PM
-

I personally heard that they stopped working with the HDLC and are going to go to the council for approval. The HDLC has no problem with the height of the building and in fact was open to going higher, they just have a problem with the design and that it isnt nearly as good as it can be. So I guess this shows they are going ahead without HDLC approval.

We shall see how it unfolds! I personally wish they could have come up with a better design but Im glad something will be going there.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2011, 2:11 PM

NIMBY As****** Strike Again

I personally love seeing modern architecture directly in contrast with historical buildings. I hope they don't redesign it to look like the stupid generic faux historic one down by Breaux Mart. Freaking NIMBYs are ruining everything....

"Developer to share new design for Walgreens on Magazine Street

Posted by Robert Morris at 9:35 am

With Walgreens moving forward on a store in the old American Legion hall on Magazine Street and no land-use changes required from the city, the developer on the project is holding a second community meeting to share new designs for the renovated building.

At a meeting in March, neighbors were as concerned about the modern, glass-fronted design proposed for the building as they were about any other issues. Architects have since redesigned the building, and will present their plans at 6 p.m. July 12 at a meeting at the American Legion hall....."

http://uptownmessenger.com/2011/06/d...gazine-street/

Screen grab from WWL

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations