HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest

Old Posted Mar 19, 2011, 12:34 AM

New Resturants

I am interested to know:

Has anyone heard the latest about what's going up in Fargo area?

I am very interested in the Sonic rumors that I read about a while back, as well as the fact that they have started buying more advertising time with Cable One in the recent weeks!

As well, it would be nice to know if we will EVER be getting a White Castle... I heard rumors, and ventured to the latest grand opening of the St. Cloud location!

Just keeping up with the joneses, if you know

PS: If anyone has a jones for some VERY authentic food: Betrosas (Hiding in the 'hidden mall' downtown and JL Beers are VERY excellent joints!

-FSM

Old Posted Mar 20, 2011, 6:55 PM

Local Restaurants

Cajun Cafe has the best breakfast in town. Local fast foods...the Taco Shop, Spicy Pie and Juanos. Fine dining/special occassion try Maxwells, Sarellos, Montes or the Hodo. Homemade pie at Josies Corner on Broadway. Sweets and great soups at Nicoles. Great quiche and orange rolls at Green Market. Drunken Noodle. Taste of Italy. John Alexanders. VIP Room. All of the new "ethnic restaurants" and the explosion of sushi locations. I could go on and on.

We are very fortunate to have the quality of local restauranteurs that we have in this area.

Supporting locally owned restaurantants is important, they do not have the buying power of chains or the marketing and administrative support of chains. Nothing wrong with chain restaurants, they serve a purpose, but the locally owned restaurants are what makes our area unique.

Support the locals or risk losing them.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2011, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuddy View Post
Cajun Cafe has the best breakfast in town. Local fast foods...the Taco Shop, Spicy Pie and Juanos. Fine dining/special occassion try Maxwells, Sarellos, Montes or the Hodo. Homemade pie at Josies Corner on Broadway. Sweets and great soups at Nicoles. Great quiche and orange rolls at Green Market. Drunken Noodle. Taste of Italy. John Alexanders. VIP Room. All of the new "ethnic restaurants" and the explosion of sushi locations. I could go on and on.

We are very fortunate to have the quality of local restauranteurs that we have in this area.

Supporting locally owned restaurantants is important, they do not have the buying power of chains or the marketing and administrative support of chains. Nothing wrong with chain restaurants, they serve a purpose, but the locally owned restaurants are what makes our area unique.

Support the locals or risk losing them.
Good points...when I lived up there in the 90s we had pretty close to none of this, and when I swing through the region now I'll make it a point to visit these. Santa Lucia was about the extent of ethnic dining back in those days.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2011, 8:02 PM

Sonic

Finally some news about Sonic courtesy of The Forum:

SONIC Drive-In is coming to Fargo, when and where still uncertain
Posted on March 24, 2011 by Tracy Frank

It’s something Fargo-Moorhead area residents seem to long for almost as much as a flood-free spring – a SONIC Drive-In.

When a recent Forum Trade Talk column invited readers to email Business Reporter Marino Eccher about restaurant rumors they wanted him to check out, the vast majority were inquiries about SONIC.

A SONIC spokeswoman told me the company does plan to open a restaurant in Fargo, but it’s still too soon to speculate on an opening date or location.

She said a SONIC might open in Fargo in 2012.

There are more than 3,500 SONIC Drive-In locations across the country, but the closest to Fargo is 190 miles away in Elk River, Minn.

The drive-in fast food chain offers burgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches and an array of slushes, limeades, and ice cream treats.

This entry was posted in Business, Restaurants and tagged business, food, Sonic. Bookmark the permalink.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2011, 8:26 PM

13th Ave South

It looks like there will be a Grand Junction put in over in the 2nd Wind Exercise building across the street from Lowes Home Improvement. Also there is going to be an Ulta built as well on the corner of 13th Ave S and 44th St S, unsure if its the north side or south side right now.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2011, 5:36 PM

I just saw plans for a new Hardees down on 45th St and 30th Ave S.

I can also confirm the Ulta Beauty.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2011, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingboy6956 View Post

Isnt that the same spot where a Taco Bell was suppose to go? Ha. At one time I thought there was suppose to be "moderately" price Mexican food next too "cheap" Mexican food with Mexican Village and Taco Bell next to each other lol

Old Posted Apr 6, 2011, 5:27 PM

Tutti Frutti, a frozen yogurt chain, opened Fargo a few weeks ago as well. And Noodles and Company are planning on having the first of 8 restaurants planned for the Dakotas open in Fargo later this year.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2011, 6:44 PM

Taken from the Forum:

FARGO - Popeyes, Fuddruckers, Dave and Busters, and Whole Foods have all confirmed they have no immediate plans to open in the Fargo area.
But Noodles & Company has announced a new franchise deal that will bring eight of the restaurants to the Dakotas.

I also read something a couple weeks ago saying that Cracker Barrel and Cheesecake Factory also have no immediate plans to locate in the Fargo area.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingboy6956 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew2109 View Post
Isnt that the same spot where a Taco Bell was suppose to go? Ha. At one time I thought there was suppose to be "moderately" price Mexican food next too "cheap" Mexican food with Mexican Village and Taco Bell next to each other lol

Nope, Hardees is on the east side of 45th St, across from Urban Plains.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2011, 2:32 PM
still here

Pickled Parrot opening downtown next thursday in the American Legion building and Leann Chinn is coming to town.

Old Posted May 2, 2011, 4:05 AM
still here

Oh, and JL Beers is opening a third location this time in Moorhead on highway 10 in the old pizza hut space

Old Posted May 9, 2011, 3:17 AM
FargoMoorhead comin at ya

New Fargo Moorhead Comprehensive Plan

Just saw this as I was scoping out the city of Fargo's website. They have a new comprehensive plan for the city they are working on. Details can be found here:

http://go2030.net/

I would advise everyone that cares anything about the future of the city to join in on the first of a series of public meetings. Here's the detail on the first one:

Quote:
Please join us for our first public meeting, Thursday June 23, 7:00pm at Centennial Hall, to establish the overarching vision and goals for Fargo in the year 2030.

Old Posted May 17, 2011, 1:17 AM

Daycare at UP Office Building

From your neighborhood friendly City of Fargo Plan Routing page:::

http://apps.cityoffargo.com/inspections/planrouting/

Looks like a daycare is being planned for a building out in Urban Plains, huh?

Someone probably mentioned the new "Lucky's 13" on 17th Ave. So near Carino's. Anybody know what type of restaurant this is?

Says there is a Baymont Inn & Suites going up in Amber Valley, but I thought it was a Country Inn & Suites?

Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 7:31 PM

Dickey's Barbecue Pit's website says a location is coming soon to Fargo.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2011, 11:16 PM
still here

A new medical and office park is being built in the amber valley neighborhood near where the new hospital is to be built. Leann Chin is moving into west acres in their food court. Its replacing the locally owned chinese restaurant already there.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2011, 10:31 PM
still here

Family Healthcare Center expansion to transform historic downtown building
By: Patrick Springer, INFORUM

FARGO – The new Family HealthCare Center took a step forward this week with signatures on legal documents that open the door for a remodeling project that will transform a historic downtown building.

The $15.5 million project will double the clinical space available for the center, allowing it to provide primary care to 23 more patients each day, or 6,000 more every year.

“We have been very pressed for space,” said Patricia Patrón, the center’s executive director. The women’s clinic, for example, is located in the basement, apart from other clinic services.

The Family HealthCare Center, which opened in 1994, has its main clinic in the Fargo Cass Public Health Building at 306 4th St. N.

It serves more than 12,000 unique patients each year, most of them uninsured or underinsured, including more than 1,000 homeless people.

The population served by the clinic has grown five-fold over the past decade, Patrón said. The homeless clinic population has almost doubled over the past three years.

“The last couple of years, we have been limited by the space we have,” she said.

Current space is so limited, with only one room for procedures, that if a patient needs intravenous medicine, a patient requiring minor surgery must wait for the room to become available, said Dr. Napoleon Espejo, the clinic’s medical director.

The clinic also needs more space for uses such as diabetes education and counseling.

“The operations here are pretty tight,” Espejo said. “The space is a huge factor.”

The new clinic, slated to open late next year, will occupy four refurbished buildings on NP Avenue, including a building that originally housed Pence Auto.

That cornerstone building, with glazed brick and a decorative band of terra cotta as well as a metal cornice, is on the national historic registry. A grant to help preserve historic buildings is one of three federal grants providing core funding for the project.

The refurbished building will feature terrazzo floors, in keeping with the original, and will preserve a marble staircase.

The added space will allow 18 more clinical positions, with new services to include mental health, optometry and a wellness program. Current staffing is the equivalent of 83 full-time employees.

When the new center opens, the homeless health clinic will move from the basement of St. Mark’s Lutheran Church at 670 4th Ave. N.

The clinic serves a large area of southeastern North Dakota and western Minnesota, with some patients traveling as far as 200 miles for medical or dental care.

Between 25 and 40 percent of the clinic’s patients don’t have health insurance. The problem is especially acute for adult males, since public health insurance programs target children and mothers, Espejo said.

“The number of uninsured patients keeps growing,” he said, “therefore the need for our services keeps growing.”

Renovation of the new location, at 301 NP Ave., should be completed and ready for operations by September 2012.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/718/dtclinic.jpg/

Old Posted Jul 1, 2011, 6:19 PM

Noodles and Co is opening up at the old take two video in the 15th St Colonnade. Also across the street in the Kohls parking lot, there is excavation going on for what looks like the new Ulta building. Peppers is also going to be putting a patio on their west side of the building and eliminate the parking in the front. Also I will be snapping some pics of new/newer buildings including the new Sanford Wellness Center next to the Scheels Arena.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2011, 7:07 PM

Dickey's BBQ Pit is coming to 3402 13th Avenue S, near Pawn America.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2011, 10:25 PM

Looks like a new retail center (Prairie Grove Retail Center) is going up near the new Don's Car Wash on 52nd and 25th, although the contractor is only looking at putting the foundation in for the time being.

Also, Osaka Sushi and Hibachi looks like it's going in at the old Timberlodge building; I imagine this is going to be something like Kobe's.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest