HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum

Since 1999, the SkyscraperPage Forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web. The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics. Welcome!

You are currently browsing as a guest. Register with the SkyscraperPage Forum and join this growing community of skyscraper enthusiasts. Registering has benefits such as fewer ads, the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:06 PM
孫子兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
I had Nokian WRG2 (previous generation of the WRG3) on my last car and thought they were great. This fall I bought a new vehicle and decided to go to winter-only Michelin X-Ice tires. Acknowledging that they are different cars (but both FWD), I was was shocked at how much better the X-Ice were compared to the WRG2. The improvement from all weather to winter only was about the same as the improvement from all season to all weather. I know this should have been expected, but it did surprise me as I though the WRG2s were giving me great winter traction.

I also fully agree with the comments about winter driving skills. I do have some concern that people immediately blame thier poor winter driving on lack of proper winter tires. It is stil the driver's responsibility to drive in accoradance with conditions and equipment. Too many people are quick to exclaim that they wouldn't have had the accident if they'd been driving on winter tires when, in reality, they wouldn't have had the accident if they were driving within their capability.
Common sense prevails. Defensive driving changed my whole mindset on being on the road after a particular job responding to emergencies required it. I had all kinds of issues, tickets, fender benders..etc.. for quite some time. After that, didn't matter what vehicle I drove, or in what conditions I was driving. It was pretty much smooth sailing after the change in attitude and using common sense.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan