HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 23, 2017, 2:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
Once again, Curbed is incorrectly reporting the "current plans" based off a marketing package shared back this summer before the Masquerade deal was set long-term.

They've already changed the plans since then.

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...sing-well.html
Thanks!

Old Posted Oct 23, 2017, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
Wasn't the deadline for bid submissions just this past Thursday?

That would be ridiculous, and unethical for Amazon to lead so many cities on, spending hours and thousands of dollars putting together packages to be considered. I highly doubt they've made a decision this early.
The decision won't be announced until 2018. It's expected that Amazon will narrow the list down to 20 cities (because everyone and their mother submitted a bid) and will start visiting sites and conducting interviews early next year.

Amazon just tweeted they received 238 bids from across North America so yea it's probably going to be a little while before we even know which cities are going to be finalists.

https://twitter.com/amazonnews/statu...73078805762048

Old Posted Oct 23, 2017, 3:13 PM

Dewberry's Campanile Property LLC was before the Development Authority of Fulton County last week seeking tax incentives on an $88.6 million project.

No additional information available at this time as the meeting minutes are usually not posted until after the following month's meeting. One would assume that for that amount of money, it would include both the additional floors and the retail build out proposed last year.

Link: http://www.developfultoncounty.com/d...ing_Agenda.pdf

Old Posted Oct 23, 2017, 4:19 PM

Old Posted Oct 23, 2017, 4:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post

Dewberry's Campanile Property LLC was before the Development Authority of Fulton County last week seeking tax incentives on an $88.6 million project.

No additional information available at this time as the meeting minutes are usually not posted until after the following month's meeting. One would assume that for that amount of money, it would include both the additional floors and the retail build out proposed last year.

The addition to the top of this building is just....strange. But ok.

What I'm really excited about is the build-out on at the street level. IF this happens, that will be very impactful.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2017, 4:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_J View Post
If you look at when those were issued it was early last year.
No it clearly says they were issued this month

Quote:
Marked as Issued on 10/18/2017
Quote:

Interesting. I thought this was dead. Lets hope it does include the retail.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2017, 5:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
No it clearly says they were issued this month
Sorry, yea, I meant to say applied for over a year ago. Is it not odd that they're over a year old and then out of the blue are issued? Is there not some sort of expiration? (honest question, do not know).

Old Posted Oct 23, 2017, 5:13 PM

Gordon Biersch in Midtown is closing next month. This potentially frees up another prime Peachtree St. parcel for redevelopment.

https://whatnowatlanta.com/gordon-bi...dtown-closing/

Last edited by jwbab; Oct 23, 2017 at 5:26 PM.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2017, 6:34 PM

Quote:
Gordon Biersch in Midtown is closing next month. This potentially frees up another prime Peachtree St. parcel for redevelopment.

https://whatnowatlanta.com/gordon-bi...dtown-closing/
Not too surprised to hear this, if anything surprised it took so long. World of Beer probably killed any remaining hopes that this location could succeed.

Although while we are on the subject of WoB, whenever I go there on a Friday/Saturday night, I'm concerned about its future too. I really like that place, but you get there at 11:30 on a Friday or Saturday and it's clearing out. You go to the Vortex and it's butts to guts.

I always thought GB owed their property. Is the GB / CVS a single parcel or are they separate? A decently sized midrise or high rise could go on that corner if the parcels are unified.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2017, 7:27 PM

Separate ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLSkyPalaceOwner View Post
Not too surprised to hear this, if

I always thought GB owed their property. Is the GB / CVS a single parcel or are they separate? A decently sized midrise or high rise could go on that corner if the parcels are unified.
Per Fulton County website - http://qpublic9.qpublic.net/ga_searc...on&search=name

Looks like different ownership

GB COMMERCIAL LLC
3715 NORTHSIDE PKWY NW BLDG 400-100
ATLANTA, GA 30327-2853

HAL 842 LLC
1 CVS DR
STORE ACCOUNTING DEPT
WOONSOCKET, RI 02895

Old Posted Oct 23, 2017, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Peachtree View Post
Per Fulton County website - http://qpublic9.qpublic.net/ga_searc...on&search=name

Looks like different ownership

GB COMMERCIAL LLC
3715 NORTHSIDE PKWY NW BLDG 400-100
ATLANTA, GA 30327-2853

HAL 842 LLC
1 CVS DR
STORE ACCOUNTING DEPT
WOONSOCKET, RI 02895
GB Commercial is an LLC organized by Coro Realty Partners.

HAL 842 LLC appears to be a holding company for a local family surnamed Adair.

(Confirmed with Georgia Secretary of State filings and reviewing Fulton County property records)

Old Posted Oct 23, 2017, 8:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLSkyPalaceOwner View Post
Not too surprised to hear this, if anything surprised it took so long. World of Beer probably killed any remaining hopes that this location could succeed.

Although while we are on the subject of WoB, whenever I go there on a Friday/Saturday night, I'm concerned about its future too. I really like that place, but you get there at 11:30 on a Friday or Saturday and it's clearing out. You go to the Vortex and it's butts to guts.

I will not miss Gordon Biersch (especially if it is redeveloped to a high-rise along with CVS at some point) and I wouldn't mind if WoB closed for something more local. Seems like Midtown is growing through a nice phase where some chain restaurants are closing and new/local businesses are coming in. While it certainly doesn't hurt having some fast/convenient chains around (and stores like CVS...), this shift could cement more local Atlanta soul to the neighborhood.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2017, 8:34 PM

Do we have an update on the SLS project? It’s a good looking building that I would love to see come to life.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2017, 8:50 PM

I don't think of WoB as a Friday/Saturday place, but more for weeknights and sporting events. Usually it seems about half full when I go there, which is possibly sustainable. I hope it survives just because it's a better option and Taco Mac and Hudson Grille and it's located relatively far south on Peachtree, where growth needs to go.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2017, 9:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's calling View Post
Do we have an update on the SLS project? It’s a good looking building that I would love to see come to life.
Last I heard about 3-4 months ago, the project stalled.. I was talking to people involved with the developers of the project, and they said that SLS were serious at first and moving quite fast, and then all of a sudden nothing, no news.. The person I was talking to suspected that SLS and some other projects were purposely stalling to see what happens with Opus place first. But who knows..

Old Posted Oct 23, 2017, 9:09 PM

Quote:

Not too bad...

Old Posted Oct 23, 2017, 11:23 PM
BANNED

Quote:

$88 Million for adding 6 floors and 90K sqft of retail??? I suspect the project also includes the apartment tower or the hotel/condo tower.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2017, 1:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
$88 Million for adding 6 floors and 90K sqft of retail??? I suspect the project also includes the apartment tower or the hotel/condo tower.
Whoah, what!! Not sure how, but I've missed the new tower on the east side of Juniper. Only the existing tower expansion and retail has been proposed to the Midtown Alliance, right? Neither new tower?? With its height and retail (and rooftop pool!), the 300 unit on Juniper would be a great addition to the area. The smaller development on Peachtree I'm not as impressed. I'd rather see more height on it and I could care less about an amenity deck on top of a parking podium, although I realize they're working on a sliver of a parcel.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2017, 1:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
Adding 6 floors to an existing building that was very likely not designed for those added loads (and the retail) could very well be 88 million... especially in today's construction market. The reinforcing that would need to be added to the existing building would be quite extensive, and might even trigger further code updates to the existing building.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2017, 2:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kh9142 View Post
Adding 6 floors to an existing building that was very likely not designed for those added loads (and the retail) could very well be 88 million... especially in today's construction market. The reinforcing that would need to be added to the existing building would be quite extensive, and might even trigger further code updates to the existing building.
Yep, that's why adding a bunch of floors to an existing building is typically a ridiculous, uneconomic proposition!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations