HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe

Old Posted Nov 23, 2009, 10:17 PM

Last edited by Sinha; Nov 23, 2009 at 10:36 PM.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2009, 2:48 AM

Not that I am particuarly that bothered about who has the biggest skyscraper, but if you look at those diagrams the major London projects are virtually all under construction. The Shard is rising above ground, Riverside South is underway, the Heron is about to overtake Tower 42 as the tallest building in the city and the groundwork is progressing in respect of the Pinnacle.

There is a real difference between those projects which are still only proposed and those actually under construction, and if you look at some of the cities on the diagrams you have posted you will find that they are proposals rather than reality.

Any way I am very happy for London, the Shard is a good design and better than some of the ugly monstrosities some other cities are constructing.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2009, 2:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIABOLICALIBERTY View Post
Go LOndon Town! we actually ahve 14 140m+ buildings..in 3 years time we will have 22
Exactly

Old Posted Nov 24, 2009, 5:39 PM

Stop believing that London is the center of the world, it becomes tiring of this communication.
There are many other interesting city in Europe. Personally I find no exceptional Shard. then it was over ten years, as projects are planned in London.
For me, projects in Frankfurt, Madrid, Barcelona and Paris are also important. There is a large complex. Architecture is not just about height. there will always be higher elsewhere ...
It's very good for London, but enough of this binary vision: London is well and the rest of Europe, zero.
In addition, there is a cycle of history. Again I respect London, but is primarily a history of communication.
Fortunately, the world is not confined to a single model.

Finally, in my case I can assure you that the Hermitage Plaza project in Paris-La Defense is more than a proposal.
http://www.paris-skyscrapers.fr/imme...mitage%20Plaza

Old Posted Nov 25, 2009, 2:00 PM
BANNED

Bonjour mon amie! nobody is saying that..that is your own skewed interpretation.We are just giving you Londons updated info for your list Nobody is in competition with you and you french arent insecure so whats the beef.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2009, 2:32 PM

380 m Mercury Tower in Moscow on the 11-th floor now.
Probably the next tallest building in Europe.

Last edited by 5Gmuscovite; Nov 25, 2009 at 3:24 PM.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinha View Post
Stop believing that London is the center of the world, it becomes tiring of this communication.
There are many other interesting city in Europe. Personally I find no exceptional Shard. then it was over ten years, as projects are planned in London.
For me, projects in Frankfurt, Madrid, Barcelona and Paris are also important. There is a large complex. Architecture is not just about height. there will always be higher elsewhere ...
It's very good for London, but enough of this binary vision: London is well and the rest of Europe, zero.
In addition, there is a cycle of history. Again I respect London, but is primarily a history of communication.
Fortunately, the world is not confined to a single model.

Finally, in my case I can assure you that the Hermitage Plaza project in Paris-La Defense is more than a proposal.
http://www.paris-skyscrapers.fr/imme...mitage%20Plaza
I never said London was the centre of the world, I merely mentioned the Shard as it hardly gets a mention on this thread and is currently under construction.

The truth is nobody is going on and on about London. In fact this thread is actually full of Moscow and Paris with very little about London.

Last edited by Codex; Nov 27, 2009 at 9:57 PM.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2009, 3:20 PM

If anybody know Timeline of Tallest residential buildings in Paris, London or Europe, please publish it here.

Moscow Timeline of Tallest residential buildings is the following:

2010 Moscow tower 302m 76fl
2005 Triumph-palace 264m 57fl
2004 Vorobiovy Gory 188m 49fl
1952 Kotelnicheskaya naberejnaya 176m 32fl
1931 Serafimovicha, 2 (50m) 12fl
1914 Dom Nirnzee (40m) 10fl
1904 Dom Afremova (35m) 8fl
1876 Dohodnyi Dom Ilinka,5 (30m) 5fl

Old Posted Nov 27, 2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Gmuscovite View Post
If anybody know Timeline of Tallest residential buildings in Paris, London or Europe, please publish it here.
You can find details of London projects and timelines here -

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=977690

Old Posted Feb 15, 2010, 12:16 PM

you have forgotten milan

Old Posted Jul 20, 2010, 1:08 AM

Shouldn't this be "The tallest buildings of Europe"?

Old Posted Jul 20, 2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lear View Post
To me Europe means European Union.
While Russia is, ....well,... Russia.
Europe:

wikipedia

Your definition of Europe:

wikipedia

lol, Norway and Switzerland aren't European then? It's about commonly accepted definitions, not personal preferences. It's like saying "let's not count seven as a number, because to me, seven is... well... seven"

Old Posted Dec 31, 2013, 12:09 AM
BANNED

100m+ u/c

LONDON = 23

FRANKFURT = 3

PARIS = 3

Next year londons under construction numbers will double again, good times

Last edited by hughesnick312; Dec 31, 2013 at 6:20 AM.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2013, 12:13 AM
BANNED

50m-100m mid/highrise u/c

FRANKFURT = 3

PARIS = 2

LONDON = 68

Old Posted Dec 31, 2013, 12:22 AM
BANNED

The numbers for Istanbul are massive, moscow's tower building spree is coming to an end now, the last few towers are going up now. Warsaw and Milan are now consistently building more than Frankfurt and paris but this could of course change as its difficult to predict cycles in Europe, the only concrete and definite thing we know is that Istanbul and London are in the middle of long and sustained tower booms and this is increasing and will continue for at least the next five years and probably more, by then I think European skylines will be in two groups, Istanbul, London and Moscow in the top group, and the rest of Europe in the second group, Warsaw could soon look great as it continues to build at an increasing rate, Rotterdam could also improve quickly when they enter their next cycle as they allready have a dense base and just need a few taller towers. Milan has some classy towers going up with good designs and cladding and will improve when the taller towers are complete, Frankfurt and paris have been slow for a while because of the eu crisis which London, Moscow and Istanbul avoided and have been booming while the rest of Europe slowed, Madrid has not built much for a few years now, Vienna could be a surprise as they begin building now

Last edited by hughesnick312; Dec 31, 2013 at 12:54 AM.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2014, 12:48 AM

In Bucharest over 100m:

Completed:

Sky Tower - Floreasca City Center (2012) 137m
Basarab Tower - elevator testing tower (1988) 114m
Tower Center International (2008) 106.3m
Casa Presei Libere (1956) 104m

Under construction:

Dambovita Center (on hold, completion est. 2015) 155m
Cefin Tower (on hold) 125m

Approved:

Esplanada City Center (completion est. 2017) 210m
Colloseum Tower (completion est. 2011) 125m
Ana Tower (completion est. 2012) 120m

Proposed:

Dorobanti Tower (est. 2013) 200m
Tron Tower (est. 2010) 105m

Old Posted Jan 27, 2014, 1:30 AM
BANNED

Cool, do you have any renders for the dorobanti tower

Old Posted Jan 28, 2014, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughesnick312 View Post
Cool, do you have any renders for the dorobanti tower
http://www.evolo.us/architecture/ico...id-architects/

Old Posted Jan 29, 2014, 4:52 AM
BANNED

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by prahovaploiesti View Post

That looks fantastic, I'm happy for all European cities that get good skyscrapers, but this one looks great quality. There's always a bit of competition among European cities for the title of best skyline, but I am happy for all of them as its good for Europe, for me the top five European skylines are very clear.
#1 MOSCOW
#2 LONDON
#3 FRANKFURT
#4 PARIS
#5 INSTANBUL

I will give the reasons why they are ranked in this order, as I don't like it when people list their favourites without giving reasons for them. I will give my reasons below

#1 MOSCOW
Moscow is number one in Europe because of the spectacular designs of their towers and the great heights, it has a dense cluster made up of entirely supertalls and 200m+ skyscrapers, allthoe they could improve it if they had a mid/highrise base around it to give it a bigger and wider skyline, but it's still the best in Europe

#2 LONDON
London is my number two as it is clearly ahead of the others below it, it has more towers than Frankfurt and paris, it has taller towers than Frankfurt and paris, it has better designs than Frankfurt and paris, and it has more clusters than Frankfurt or paris. London has two different creative paths for its clusters, In the big two clusters of London (the city cluster/ and canary wharf cluster) the canary wharf cluster is designed in the style of a North American skyline, it has big and boxy tall 200m+ office towers with fantastic quality and cladding. In the city cluster there is a different style of architecture in its skyscrapers, they are designed in the elaborate, futuristic style of glassy and steel skyscrapers, with 200m+ towers made by the best architects in the world, like British architects Norman foster, Richard Rodgers, zaha hadid etc. London also has different styles in its other clusters, with some industrial futurism tower clusters and residential clusters with the new London vernacular style. London is the only eu city with a supertall, the fantastic shard, and London is booming right now, building so many towers, and 200m+ towers all over the city, building entire new clusters. More investment going on in london than any other city on earth. In three or four years, just one of londons clusters, canary wharf, will be the best in the eu, and that doesn't include the other great clusters going up in London, other euro cities like Frankfurt and paris are not building and havent been building for a long time, while london, moscow and istanbul have been building lots for years now, Frankfurt and paris can't compete with London and Moscow

#3 FRANKFURT

Frankfurt has a beautiful skyline, allthoe it's not really dense and has a smaller number of towers, but it does have better quality and design towers than paris and Istanbul, and it has higher towers than paris. Frankfurt isn't building much these days and hasn't been for a while, but it still has an attractive skyline and deserves to be number 3

#4 PARIS

Paris has a nice skyline, the towers are all built in one cluster which gives it more density, but the towers are not very tall and the designs are old and outdated, and the quality of materials and cladding is poor, from afar it looks like a wall of mid and high rises from the 60s and 70s. There are some good ones too, the tour granite and the twins next to it are good, i like tour first but wish it had better cladding and I like majunga tower. Paris would be higher on the list if it had taller towers, with better designs, cladding and materials, paris is also not building much, so Moscow and londons lead could leave paris and frankfurt behind, but the hermitage could come and that would change everything, or they don't get built, which would be really bad, I hope they do get built.

#4 ISTANBUL

Istanbul has risen out of nowhere, it is booming so much right now, the towers are very tall and have good designs, better that the older ones they have and it has many clusters, all growing fast just like londons clusters. In a few years there will be two groups in European skylines, the top group, London, Moscow and Istanbul, and the lower group for everyone else. This is my honest take on the skylines of Europe, I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings, this is just my reasoned objective opinion, thanks

Last edited by hughesnick312; Jan 29, 2014 at 5:43 AM.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughesnick312 View Post
That looks fantastic, I'm happy for all European cities that get good skyscrapers, but this one looks great quality.
Thats Zaha Hadid design there, so the quality is guaranteed.
Hope it gets built.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe