HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jul 11, 2013, 4:32 AM

although nashville, tn has a proposal for a building, which is about the size and ht of the 3rd building in the nyc world trade center, it was never presented as a building form such as these. supposedly the tallest in the nation, outside of nyc, it will have problems filling structures they are 1.5 million sq ft down to say 250 thousand sq ft.

as for the new york buildings, i am sort of confused on the final color or materials used. i like the designs of the three tallest, and i like the dome on the original building and the other roof angles of the originall building. the two or three tallest are very attractive in the initial renderings in the flashy aluminum. i'm just glad that their hts are back and being re-established in their rightful area of the island. congrats

Old Posted Jul 11, 2013, 2:51 PM

Old Posted Jul 11, 2013, 9:28 PM

Great shot from the air!

Old Posted Jul 11, 2013, 9:47 PM
CLT

I agree, that shot from the plane is fantastic. I want to stare at it more than I should.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2013, 10:43 PM
Twin Towers Guy / NYC

that is amazing shot......look at how battery city is so built out from all the dirt/soil from the OLD WTC....

Old Posted Jul 11, 2013, 10:45 PM

Old Posted Jul 11, 2013, 10:51 PM

Sorry for the delay in pics hope ya like from Rockaway.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2013, 11:26 PM
Jeez Louise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCrules View Post
Some (post) evening shots of Manhattan

Nattapol

So if I'm not mistaken this will be the only year the whole thing is lit up like this for the 4th of July since after the construction is finished the LED construction lighting on the inside of the building will be removed. Someone had said that before but I was just wondering if that's true or not.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2013, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaniel View Post
So if I'm not mistaken this will be the only year the whole thing is lit up like this for the 4th of July since after the construction is finished the LED construction lighting on the inside of the building will be removed. Someone had said that before but I was just wondering if that's true or not.
correct, the workers create the color effects by wrapping construction lights in colored cellophane. Once the office lights are installed and the construction lights are removed, they won't be able to create the same effect.

dmb609 on Instagram

Old Posted Jul 12, 2013, 1:49 AM

^^ How about using the colored light against wrapping the cellophane, once the building wraps up so as to illuminate the tower similary?
I believe they should illuminate the tower like that in special occasions like the 4th of July.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2013, 1:54 AM

Old Posted Jul 12, 2013, 1:56 AM

Quote:
^^ How about using the colored light against wrapping the cellophane, once the building wraps up so as to illuminate the tower similary?
I believe they should illuminate the tower like that in special occasions like the 4th of July.
What are you even trying to say?

Old Posted Jul 12, 2013, 2:08 AM
I love NY!

I believe what he's trying to say is that they should permanently use colored bulbs instead of cellophane. This wouldn't be possible since the construction lighting will be replaced by standard office lighting.

People, if you want special "colored" lighting wait until they light the mast and beacon.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2013, 5:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpdrummer82 View Post
What are you even trying to say?

I said they should keep lighting the building in these colors in special occasion like the 4th of July, and that they should used colored bulbs permanently rather than those plastic bag-like things ...
How can't you even get that???

Old Posted Jul 12, 2013, 5:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiConTr0v3rSYx View Post
I believe what he's trying to say is that they should permanently use colored bulbs instead of cellophane. This wouldn't be possible since the construction lighting will be replaced by standard office lighting.

People, if you want special "colored" lighting wait until they light the mast and beacon.
And the thing is, so it seems!!!

Old Posted Jul 12, 2013, 5:39 AM

Quick question, is the antenna going to have the red warning lights down the length of it like the old one had?

Old Posted Jul 12, 2013, 7:35 AM
Midwest Moderator - Editor

Quote:
That entire set was some of the best shots of how the tower fits into the skyline I've ever seen, but the one I quoted above takes the cake.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2013, 1:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeShot View Post
Quick question, is the antenna going to have the red warning lights down the length of it like the old one had?
No. It already has it's aircraft warning light on. (red at night, white strobe during the day)

Old Posted Jul 12, 2013, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMich View Post
That entire set was some of the best shots of how the tower fits into the skyline I've ever seen, but the one I quoted above takes the cake.
What a lovely picture. Hopefully there's no substantial interior work until after christmas so we can get a WTC Christmas Tree one last time.

Still, I have to point out they have the colors backwards. It should be red, white, and blue from the top down. Otherwise, its the French flag.

The Empire State building gets away with doing it the other way because the blue at the time is the smallest section (like in the flag).

Old Posted Jul 12, 2013, 6:47 PM
Verticle

I guess it's from what angle you're thinking of. When hanging as bunting or from a flagpole, the blue is first, followed by the white/red. Isn't your suggestion if it were hanging from the floor going upwards? That wouldnt be accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mheadroom View Post
What a lovely picture. Hopefully there's no substantial interior work until after christmas so we can get a WTC Christmas Tree one last time.

Still, I have to point out they have the colors backwards. It should be red, white, and blue from the top down. Otherwise, its the French flag.

The Empire State building gets away with doing it the other way because the blue at the time is the smallest section (like in the flag).

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive