HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Jun 27, 2009, 1:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rousseau View Post
The movie Real Time has been playing on Rogers cable for free lately, so I watched it. It's a dreadful piece of shite, though with two redeeming qualities: one, you get to see Hamilton; and two, Randy Quaid does an Australian accent rather well (to my non-Australian ears).

But really, if Randy Quaid weren't in it then the only reason for watching it would be to see Hamilton. In light of which, a question to anyone who has seen it: where is the scene with the hooker? I don't recognize it.

I thought Real Time was ok, it missed some opportunities to be a lot better.

The hooker location is somewhere north of Barton, on Birch or Gibson.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2009, 1:57 PM
Registered Drug User

Yep, that's the corner. I'll have to drive by there next time I'm in Hamilton.

Not to get into an argument about the lack of cinematic virtues in Real Time, but here's a case in point: a washed up Mexican or Puerto Rican prostitute straight out of Hollywood's central casting doing the daytime shift just off Barton Street? That's just plain moronic. The premise was off-kilter as well--it would take an actor of greater depth to make the bizarrely casual acceptance of impending death in the young character even remotely plausible. The scenes at the fast-food outlet and his granny's were handled badly, and the dialogue was mostly tedious.

But other than that, you get to see Hamilton!

Old Posted Jun 27, 2009, 3:12 PM
Is now in Hamilton, eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by flar View Post
I thought Real Time was ok, it missed some opportunities to be a lot better.

The hooker location is somewhere north of Barton, on Birch or Gibson.

I'm pretty sure that's Princess/Gibson.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2009, 4:43 PM
Needs more coffee...

Anyone know what movie was being shot on Thursday at King/Queen?

Old Posted Aug 9, 2009, 3:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emge View Post
Anyone know what movie was being shot on Thursday at King/Queen?
Bloodletting & Miraculous Cures, starring Shawn Ashmore (Iceman in the X-Men movies).

Old Posted Aug 16, 2009, 3:26 AM
It's Hammer Time

Breakfast with Scot is a pretty good movie, probably 95% shot in Hamilton and even uses Hamilton as Hamilton. Scot goes to Stinson School and Stinson is Stinson School not another name.

It's about Eric, a closeted former Leafs player, and his partner Sam gets a kid - Scot (his sister child), who's mother died. The kid is obviously gay. Comedy

Old Posted Aug 16, 2009, 4:10 AM
Is now in Hamilton, eh

Does anyone know what was going on down by Barton and Lotteridge? A whole block of shop fronts were being made to look like there had been a drive by shooting. At least I hope they were being made to look like there had been one :-P

Old Posted Aug 16, 2009, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
Does anyone know what was going on down by Barton and Lotteridge? A whole block of shop fronts were being made to look like there had been a drive by shooting. At least I hope they were being made to look like there had been one :-P
Big movie shoot for a few days.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2009, 11:13 PM

Barton Street Movie Shoot

Quote:
Alien battle to close Barton Street

TheSpec.com Dana Brown

A swath of Barton Street East will be closed this week as aliens and humans battle it out.

The filming is part of a new TNT pilot which deals with an alien invasion that has destroyed major cities.

The filming will close Barton from Barnesdale Avenue North to Lottridge Street starting Monday at 9 a.m. The street will be closed until Friday at 9 p.m. Buses will still be able to get through during daytime hours.

Traffic will be re-routed at Sherman Avenue and Gage Avenue. Local traffic will have some access during the day and non-filming hours.

Streets lights will also be turned off on various streets and there will be lighting cranes in the area.

The human-alien battle will be shot Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9 p.m. until 6 a.m.

In addition to being filmed on Barton, an alley on the north side of the street will also be used and there will be special effects gunfire and pyrotechnics.

During the nighttime hours, Barton will be completely closed from Sherman to Gage .

Old Posted Aug 18, 2009, 8:51 PM
BANNED

I was going to the Home Hardware on Barton just east of Lottridge, so I went to see the filming location. Looks great, they ought to leave it that way and make it a tourist attraction. I stopped by Stadium Mall - Gage and Barton - in the rear parking lot is where the circus is - all the honey wagons for the film.

What they are doing is going big on this production.

I wish them well.

mic67

Old Posted Aug 19, 2009, 3:44 AM
BANNED

Here is a little more specific info. regarding Barton ST.

http://www.thespec.com/News/Local/article/619450

"Aliens close Barton for a week

Barnesdale to Lottridge closed until Friday night for movie
August 17, 2009
The Hamilton Spectator
(Aug 17, 2009)

A section of Barton Street East will be closed this week as aliens and humans battle it out.

It's to allow filming as part of a new TNT pilot that deals with an alien invasion that has destroyed major cities.

The filming will close Barton from Barnesdale Avenue North to Lottridge Street beginning today at 9 a.m. The street will be closed until Friday at 9 p.m. Buses will still be able to get through during daytime hours.

Traffic will be rerouted at Sherman Avenue and Gage Avenue. Local traffic will have some access during the day and non-filming hours. Streets lights will also be turned off on various streets and there will be lighting cranes in the area.

The human-alien battle will be shot overnight tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday from 9 p.m. until 6 a.m. In addition to being filmed on Barton, an alley on the north side of the street will also be used and there will be special effects gunfire and pyrotechnics. During the nighttime hours, Barton will be completely closed from Sherman to Gage."

Old Posted Aug 19, 2009, 11:17 AM
It's Hammer Time

Old Posted Aug 19, 2009, 5:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic67 View Post
I was going to the Home Hardware on Barton just east of Lottridge, so I went to see the filming location. Looks great, they ought to leave it that way and make it a tourist attraction. I stopped by Stadium Mall - Gage and Barton - in the rear parking lot is where the circus is - all the honey wagons for the film.

What they are doing is going big on this production.

I wish them well.

mic67
What do you mean they should leave it that way... Isn't that what it always looks like.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2009, 10:41 PM
It's Hammer Time

Steven Spielberg was at the set last night. Now he's back to LA. He's the exective producer.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2009, 11:32 PM

I guess this is the film:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1462059/

The only person I know in the cast is Noah Wyle. It's still pretty cool.

This city seems to be getting it's fair share of movie shoots, lets hope it continues.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 1:14 AM
Hammer'd

Also a movie being filmed in the Royal Connaught Hotel. Don't have any details on it though.
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 11:29 AM

They had been shooting something on the east mountian as well. this was wednesday. High st by sherwood high school had trucks lined all the way up the street. I haven't been home since last night so Im not sure if they are still there but I think so.

Also a MTV shoot will be happening at Mohawk College on the 26th

Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistleclub View Post
Bloodletting & Miraculous Cures, starring Shawn Ashmore (Iceman in the X-Men movies).
They shot some of this at mohawk college back in July. I was like 3 feet from Ice Man several times that day. He also made out with a pretty nice looking girl in one scene.

Pretty cool watching that all unfold.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2009, 1:25 AM

got a notice that they are filming something around Gore Park/King William/James on August 31

Old Posted Aug 21, 2009, 4:36 AM
BANNED

http://digitallibrary.omdc.on.ca/

Welcome to the
OMDC’s Digital Library and Location Services:

The Film Commission division of the OMDC's Industry Development Group offers a number of services to help take your project from script to screen. Our Location Database offers on-line virtual scouting from anywhere in the world, 24 hours-a-day.

Call us today to speak with one of our experienced marketing consultants to find out what advantages Ontario has to offer.

http://www.omdc.on.ca/Page3678.aspx

> OMDC > Ontario Film Commission > Ontario Production Guide 2009/10
Ontario Production Guide 2009/10
This guide provides the most comprehensive listing of unions, guilds, studio facilities, suppliers, etc. available in Ontario.

Download the Ontario Production Guide by section:

Introduction, Contents, and Index
Government
Producers, Labour, and Performers
Studios, Warehouses & Sets
Location Services
Equipment / Stock Suppliers
Post Production
Support Services
Transportation
Travel / Accommodations

Listings in the Ontario Production Guide are available to Ontario based businesses and organizations that provide services to the Film, Television and Commercial production industry. These listings are published free of charge at the discretion of the OMDC. Due to space considerations the OMDC reserves the right to limit, verify and edit all submissions.
--------------------------------

http://www.omdc.on.ca/Page3679.aspx

> OMDC > On Location > In Production
In Production

Every two weeks, we publish a listing of productions shooting or about to shoot in and around Toronto.

The information provided is current as of August 18, 2009.

MIC67

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation