HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Dec 2, 2007, 12:56 PM
managing projects

Well just because the job is out for bid does not necessarily mean that construction is just around the corner. I am an estimator / project manager for a large sub contracting company that does commercial buildings, and many times jobs go out for bid and the customer realizes they are grossly under budget and certain aspects are sent to the drawing board again. I personally have also bid jobs that don't start construction until 8+ months after bid. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I would take that announcement on bid clerk with a grain of salt, but as with everyone else I am wishing for the best as far as when this job starts up.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2007, 5:27 PM

Its been almost a month since the last post, anything new?

Old Posted Dec 29, 2007, 11:28 PM

There probably haven't been any posts since December 2nd because there hasn't been any new information on this project. I hope it gets built though.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2007, 11:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisb130 View Post
Well just because the job is out for bid does not necessarily mean that construction is just around the corner. I am an estimator / project manager for a large sub contracting company that does commercial buildings, and many times jobs go out for bid and the customer realizes they are grossly under budget and certain aspects are sent to the drawing board again. I personally have also bid jobs that don't start construction until 8+ months after bid. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I would take that announcement on bid clerk with a grain of salt, but as with everyone else I am wishing for the best as far as when this job starts up.
Right... People also put shit up on Bidclerk simply to prospect...

Don't count on info from there for the reporting of anything here folks. It's not that kind of source of information.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2007, 8:12 PM

Walked by the lot today and it was closed with a few pickup trucks in there. The sign for parking rates was inside the little parking man house. Has it been like this for awhile? seems to me if they are going to close this lot and give up revenue they are serious about starting soon

Old Posted Dec 30, 2007, 8:44 PM
Corporate logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs2017 View Post
Walked by the lot today and it was closed with a few pickup trucks in there. The sign for parking rates was inside the little parking man house. Has it been like this for awhile? seems to me if they are going to close this lot and give up revenue they are serious about starting soon
Hmm...this seems like a new development. Last week the lot was open and full of cars.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2007, 8:50 PM

this might seem like a stupid question, but, is the lot open on sundays or so close to a holiday? I know that makes no sense but just wondering if there might not be a unrelated reason...

Old Posted Dec 31, 2007, 3:38 PM

W and ZBA

I think this project was passed by the Zoning Board on December 13. That sounds like news to me ... Surprised no one else mentioned it ...

But I hear they're still not ready to put a shovel in the ground ...

Old Posted Dec 31, 2007, 5:27 PM
i heart philly

i am sure they would like to time the opening with the convention center.. so i wont expect much till the end of this coming year

Old Posted Jan 11, 2008, 8:37 PM

I've heard that Urban had reached out recently to a number of New York area sales and marketing firms to do this project. They supposedly had wanted the same group selling the Murano to market and sell this, but there were no-compete contract issues with that developer that prevented that relationship from happening. They are now rumored to be using Marketing Directors, a New York based firm to open a sales center in the near future. This is very good news.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2008, 11:11 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CondoGuru View Post
I've heard that Urban had reached out recently to a number of New York area sales and marketing firms to do this project. They supposedly had wanted the same group selling the Murano to market and sell this, but there were no-compete contract issues with that developer that prevented that relationship from happening. They are now rumored to be using Marketing Directors, a New York based firm to open a sales center in the near future. This is very good news.
This project is about year or so behind schedule. Great news should be topping out ceremonies will be in 6 months-Not- They are just now getting a sales team together?

Old Posted Jan 12, 2008, 6:01 PM

Better late than never IMO. Would you not be pleased to hear that perhaps Mandeville Place could get off the ground in the next year or so as well? Or would that be bad news because it's two years behind schedule???

Old Posted Jan 13, 2008, 9:00 PM
Resident Jackass

1/12/08 - still a parking lot:

Old Posted Feb 4, 2008, 10:01 PM

Location: philadelphia -umm loft district/chinatown, i don't know what its called
still a parking lot

still a parking lot...[IMG][/IMG]

Old Posted Feb 4, 2008, 10:06 PM
Everywhere all at once

mmmmmmm parking lot.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2008, 10:12 PM
Stay Classy Philadelphia

Has anybody heard anything about this?

I really hope this doesn't die. This is important to the city.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2008, 2:01 AM
Drexel Photog

But the views from the parking garage are so good! :-)

Old Posted Feb 5, 2008, 2:46 AM
My CAT digs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellergroup View Post
Has anybody heard anything about this?

I really hope this doesn't die. This is important to the city.
Probably won't see any activity on this site until after they start actual construction on the Convention Center.
Oooof! If they are both u/c at the same time.....and the potential hotel across Broad St..... oy, the traffic and noise!

Starwood Hotels already has four other hotels currently under construction/renovation in Philly: Sheraton Four Points at Grant & The Boulevard which should have opened in January, Sheraton Four Points at 1201 Race scheduled to open in June, an aloft at the airport scheduled to open in August, and the Le Meridien at 1421 Arch which is scheduled to open Dec 08,

The W/Starwood Hotel's website still lists the W Philadelphia as opening in 2009.

Last edited by winxs; Feb 5, 2008 at 4:01 AM.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2008, 7:03 PM

w hotel website

the web site now at least lists a phone #( in area code 202) for the Philadelphia W hotel, maybe I'll call it on Monday and boldly ask about a construction start.

202 629 3587

Old Posted Mar 9, 2008, 9:25 PM

bid request for w hotel

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive