HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 3, 2021, 4:51 AM

Texas Tower by Bryan Malloch, on Flickr

Old Posted Aug 3, 2021, 1:53 PM

Absolutely gorgeous. Feels like this went up quickly!

Old Posted Aug 3, 2021, 3:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattleigh View Post
I'd forgotten how good the Sherman bridge is for that view. Looks like Google Maps does a good enough job of getting it since the camera is high enough above the barrier to see. About the only group not connected is the Greenspoint cluster which is further out and to the north, but can be seen (not in this picture) if you know where to look.

I remember taking one during Allison from the 225/610 interchange.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2021, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaK View Post
Absolutely gorgeous. Feels like this went up quickly!
Here it is on February 25 of last year.

Texas Tower
on Flickr

Old Posted Aug 9, 2021, 1:37 AM

Hyatt TMC.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2021, 4:15 AM
FYHA

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/bus...t-16369524.php

Quote:
Pelican Builders lines up financing for Galleria-area condo tower

Katherine Feser
Staff writer
Aug. 9, 2021

Pelican Builders is preparing to break ground on the Hawthorne, a 17-story condominium tower in the Galleria area after securing construction financing.

Acres Capital Corp. provided an $89 million construction loan to Pelican and its partner Ranman USA. The loan, originated by Drew Miller in the New York office, has an initial term of 36 months.

The Hawthorne, located in the Tanglewood area near the Memorial Villages, will have 67 units ranging from 1,705 to more than 4,000 square feet. Amenities include a 67-foot lap pool surrounded by cabanas on the fifth floor, fitness center, resident lounge, dog park and washing station, guest suites available for rental, storage units, terrace spaces and 24-hour concierge service. The property has 164,546 net-sellable square feet with an additional 19,712 square feet of outdoor space, according to the lender.

Kirksey Architecture designed the building and Lauren Rottet of Rottet Studio is handling interiors. Construction, originally set for March 2020, is anticipated to begin in late August or early September.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2021, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattleigh View Post
I am curious - what's there now? Hope they are not taking the forest/park land...

Old Posted Aug 11, 2021, 2:32 PM
H Town Till I Drown

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCReid View Post
I am curious - what's there now? Hope they are not taking the forest/park land...
Currently it's the leasing office for the building, but before that it was just some single family town homes.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2021, 4:00 PM
FYHA

Texas Tower

c/o 'brijonmang' on HAIF/here

Texas Tower as Seen from Market Square by brijonmang, on Flickr

Old Posted Aug 11, 2021, 4:27 PM
クラブトクヨ

That tower turned out very nice!

Old Posted Aug 12, 2021, 2:25 PM
FYHA

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/bus...y-16380987.php

Quote:
Tanglewood Corp. plans a modern residential condo tower at 1661 Tanglewood in the Galleria area. The 33-story building was designed by Jackson & Ryan Architects.

Tanglewood Corp.
Quote:
Tanglewood developer plans $300 million, 33-story tower
Katherine Feser, Staff writer
Aug. 12, 2021
Updated: Aug. 12, 2021 8 a.m.

The family of the founder of Houston’s prestigious Tanglewood neighborhood plans to build a $300 million, 33-story condominium tower on the community’s southern edge.

The 1.3-acre site, at the northeast corner of Tanglewood Boulevard at San Felipe, currently houses the headquarters of Tanglewood Corp., a third-generation, family-run real estate venture founded by Tanglewood developer William G. Farrington. The ranch-style office building, which opened in 1949, the same year as the neighborhood, would be torn down to make way for the tower.

“We’ve been incubating this wonderful corner for approximately 70 years,” said Kendall Miller, Farrington’s grandson, who lives in the house his grandfather built nearby. “The plan has evolved over the years, but has always been the new commercial idea of the moment.”

The lot was set aside for commercial use in the original plans for Tanglewood, which opened with innovative “rambling ranch” style homes on spacious lots and curved streets named for Nathaniel Hawthorne’s Tanglewood Tales. Residential lots in the neighborhood typically range from 1/4-acre to 3/4-acre, providing space for grand scale, multimillion-dollar houses that have replaced so many original homes in recent decades.

The proposed condo tower replaces a plan for a previous development announced for the site. That project, a 20-story luxury tower with 230 units was to be marketed to residents aged 62 and up. It was to include amenities associated with Canyon Ranch, the well-known health and wellness resort.

That project, which sparked a lawsuit by the Tanglewood Homes Association seeking to restrict the scale of the development on the parcel, is no longer planned. The case is still pending, according to Miller.

Last edited by Urbannizer; Aug 12, 2021 at 8:11 PM. Reason: larger image

Old Posted Aug 12, 2021, 4:59 PM
H Town Till I Drown

Wow, it seems like uptown will be the most interesting place to watch, especially with the announcement of all these new condo towers, and the new 3200 post oak certainly making an impact on the skyline. I guess the only question is, will there be any public transport improvements in uptown? Traffic is already pretty terrible, especially during weekends and rush hour, adding higher density housing without some sort of expanded metro rail (or I guess even BRT is better than nothing) seems like it could spell a recipe for more congestion than ever. Does anyone know of the status of anything going on concerning traffic/transport improvements in uptown besides the already build BRT line?

Old Posted Aug 12, 2021, 5:03 PM
Dryer lint inspector

^ I'm sure the residents in the multimillion dollar homes in the area (Tanglewood) will just LOVE that thing going up. lol There's a monster of a house right across the street where this building is going up.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2021, 6:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCReid View Post
Never believe what you see in an architectural rendering. That beautiful forest/park land is really a suburban-style residential neighborhood.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2021, 8:39 PM

Willia Tower

Quote:
The project will provide luxury rental residences with high-end amenities in an unmatched location in Houston. The program includes over 320 residential units and amenities including swimming pool, club house, fitness center, dog park, coffee bar, massage rooms and more.

WSP USA, formerly Willoughby Engineering, is providing mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection services.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2021, 10:17 PM
Dryer lint inspector

I wonder if that will be off Waugh since the link said it was near Spotts Park. This is there now

Old Posted Aug 13, 2021, 11:46 PM
Unicorn Wizard!

People on HAIF are saying it's an old proposal and probably not active.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2021, 3:05 PM

Driscoll @ River Oaks Shopping Center from CityLiving @ HAIF

"Such then is the human condition , that to wish greatness for one's country is to wish harm to one's neighbor" Voltaire

Old Posted Aug 14, 2021, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPlaya View Post
When I look at this photograph all I see is how Weingarten destroyed the River Oaks Shopping Center.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2021, 1:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbao58 View Post
When I look at this photograph all I see is how Weingarten destroyed the River Oaks Shopping Center.
Yup. The tower doesn’t offend me but the disregard for the very intentional symmetry at the entrance is a slap in the face.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations