HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Sep 23, 2017, 4:37 AM

Ya terrible turnout. Looks like a Toronto game almost. Strange that both teams had the same owner.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2017, 9:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackslack View Post
Ya terrible turnout. Looks like a Toronto game almost. Strange that both teams had the same owner.
It's not strange and it's likely no coincidence both teams are where they are now. Lions need to be sold now before it is too late although we've seen it proven time and again it's never too late if you can die or leave town and then resurrect again. See Ottawa, Los Angeles. Hopefully they will be sold after the season.

Attendance: 18,091

Old Posted Sep 23, 2017, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly63 View Post
It's not strange and it's likely no coincidence both teams are where they are now. Lions need to be sold now before it is too late although we've seen it proven time and again it's never too late if you can die or leave town and then resurrect again. See Ottawa, Los Angeles. Hopefully they will be sold after the season.

Attendance: 18,091
I don't get why Braley keeps dragging this on, isn't the value of the team dropping the longer he does not sell. I am grateful for everything he has done for the CFL, Lions, Argos etc., but he needs to steps aside

Old Posted Sep 23, 2017, 5:17 PM
Rational urbanist

Can't believe I stayed up until 1 last night to watch that gongshow. As thin as the Lion's popularity is overall, their play the past couple months hasn't exactly helped.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2017, 8:10 PM
The New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassCity View Post
Can't believe I stayed up until 1 last night to watch that gongshow. As thin as the Lion's popularity is overall, their play the past couple months hasn't exactly helped.
The Lions don't seem to be on people's radar in Vancouver. When I visited and told my friend I was considering going to a football game he assumed I meant the Whitecaps. When I said I meant the Lions he looked at me like I was from Mars.

It's anecdotal but I never saw any indications that Vancouver had a football team the whole time I was there. It wouldn't surprise me if a good chunk of the population don't know what the CFL is.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2017, 8:28 PM

Sounds like it's quickly becoming the Argos 2.0.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2017, 3:44 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackslack View Post
Sounds like it's quickly becoming the Argos 2.0.
If it's any consolation the Alouettes-Concordes were effectively Argos 1.0 at one point.

They have their ups and downs but they definitely have a spot in the overall sports consciousness now, which they certainly didn't have before the team folded in 1987(?).

Old Posted Sep 25, 2017, 5:38 AM
Moran supreme

Stamps clinch a playoff spot, not that that means anything.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2017, 2:29 PM

CFL Football Frenzy’ mobile game is a must download
CFL.ca Staff September 21, 2017

TORONTO – Today, the Canadian Football League (CFL) is launching a fast-paced shoot-out style arcade game available for download on mobile and tablet devices. Aimed at a young (8-14) age demographic, ‘CFL Football Frenzy’ allows players to create and customize their own avatar, collect card packs, and play offence, defence, and field goal modes.

The game is available for free in English and French on the App Store; Android coming shortly.

“The CFL game is uniquely fast, fun, and creative – we wanted to create a game to celebrate that colourful spirit and share it with our younger fans,” said Christina Litz, CFL Senior Vice President of Marketing and Content. “This is new ground for the CFL as we follow through on our strategy to reach younger audiences and expand our digital gaming presence using our talented and entertaining star players.”

“It’s fantastic anytime we can highlight and promote the tremendous talent of our world-class players, and this new creative initiative by the CFL does just that,” added Brian Ramsay, Executive Director, CFLPA.

Enjoyable for fans of all ages, the quick-play game style allows players to play as real CFL stars or as themselves on all nine teams in a 7-on-7 style gameplay. Players can collect and design fun costume sets and avatars including vikings, pirates, sharks, and more. New features will be added throughout the season to expand the game into the future.

The easy-to-play game will allow users a chance to play all sides of the ball and incorporates unique CFL rules and elements including three-down play, a 110-yard field, the Rouge, no-huddle gameplay, and even the Waggle. Users create their all-star Rookie Wide Receiver avatar and play through a season as their favourite team as games get progressively more difficult. Players can get an offensive speed boost by timing the Waggle correctly, use explosive Power-Ups to make big plays, and lead their team to victory in Season mode.

CFL Football Frenzy was developed by Relish Interactive with design and development teams in Ottawa and Toronto.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2017, 3:41 PM

Odd game between Calgary and Sask yesterday, BLM is just off this season, dude must be playing injured or something.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2017, 4:13 PM

Interesting background story of YouTuber who documented his tour of Regina's Mosaic Stadium.

UCF kicker controversy wouldn't happen if NCAA gave athletes the rights they deserve
Dan Wolken, USA TODAY Sports Aug. 1, 2017

UCF (University of Central Florida) kicker Donald De La Haye vlogged his life as a student-athlete to much success. His school and the NCAA gave him the boot because of it.

In fewer than 24 hours, Donald De La Haye’s YouTube video titled “I lost my full DI scholarship because of my YouTube channel” had been viewed more than 153,000 times. It was 5 minutes, 39 seconds of raw emotion from a backup kicker at Central Florida none of us would have known about had NCAA rules not intervened this summer, threatening his eligibility for making money off his videos.

Here are his Mosaic Stadium tour videos

Video Link

Video Link

Old Posted Sep 25, 2017, 7:03 PM
The New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
Odd game between Calgary and Sask yesterday, BLM is just off this season, dude must be playing injured or something.
Maybe defenses are stronger this year? Btw, what do you think of Canadian QB Brandon Bridge?

Old Posted Sep 25, 2017, 7:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
Maybe defenses are stronger this year? Btw, what do you think of Canadian QB Brandon Bridge?
That game was all defense, no question. Bridge looked good, fairly impressed. Think he's likely on par with Andrew Buckley. There is some strong Canadian talent coming up these days, and the more the better as they will be an easy fit for the CFL (which should be very good for the CFL and football in Canada in general) if they have the skill.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2017, 8:24 PM

How can you not smile at this smile?
Robbie Abrahamson cfl.ca Sep 25, 2017

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers may have beat the Ottawa REDBLACKS this past week, but during that game one moment made us all win.

After finishing off an incredible catch, run + spino-rama TD, Bombers RB Timothy Flanders displayed a great act of kindness.

Timothy Flanders
“Use your platform to bless others, to make a difference, and to make a change !!!”

How can you not expect a guy named Flanders not to do the right thing?

Last edited by elly63; Sep 30, 2017 at 5:59 PM.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2017, 10:10 PM

Whats the story with the kid?

Old Posted Sep 25, 2017, 11:21 PM

When legends meet Gods

Mike Hogan Twitter

Old Posted Sep 27, 2017, 4:44 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Colin Kaepernick may be joining the Montreal Alouettes.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2017, 6:35 PM
I ask because I Gatineau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Colin Kaepernick may be joining the Montreal Alouettes.
That may be difficult, considering Hamilton holds his negotiation rights.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2017, 6:48 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus View Post
Funny. None of the news reports mention this stumbling block.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2017, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus View Post
Not anymore, they dropped him and Montreal picked them up. 10% chance he may play and next year the earliest. He doesn't need the money and playing well in the CFL is not necessarily a springboard to get back the the NFL like others. There are "other" reasons he in not in the NFL

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada