HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Jul 10, 2018, 5:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydawg View Post
Yes. Cagle was the one who crafted the Delta punishment for political gain and I’m sure Amazon does not want to work with him at all. Amazon remembers the Seattle homeless bill
The way things are going with him currently, he will be very lucky to win the runoff, then look who we have, Jed Clampett....Both candidates are disgusting human beings,,,

Old Posted Jul 10, 2018, 5:08 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTPandProud1974 View Post
My guess is they'll be needing to run a correction. Looks like someone typed 1 instead of 2.

That said, I have some personal speculation I would love your thoughts on. Do you think there's a chance AMZ is awaiting the results of the Georgia governor election to announce where it'll move? Wondering if Cagle wins, AMZ will go elsewhere....
This is not widely reported, but the law meant to punish Delta was reversed.

http://www.augustachronicle.com/busi...ax-on-jet-fuel

Quote:
ATLANTA — Georgia has asked vendors to stop collecting local sales tax on jet fuel, just months after the lieutenant governor effectively killed a broader sales tax exemption to punish Delta Air Lines for eliminating discount fares for National Rifle Association members.

The Georgia Department of Revenue on June 1 asked vendors to stop collecting local sales tax on retail sales of jet fuel beginning July 1. It said the move was needed to ensure Georgia complies with federal law and Federal Aviation Administration policies on jet fuel sales.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2018, 10:31 PM
BANNED

Tuesday's Midtown DRC

Note the 675 West Peachtree is the building Amazon is rumored to be leasing 1 Million sqft for their HQ2. AT&T is existing the building in Q4. Yet another data point that signals Atlanta will be the city selected.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2018, 7:39 AM
BANNED

The exterior of the AT&T building (645 West Peachtree) not very exciting, but I had a meeting with AT&T's Big Data Team a couple of years ago and the interior is really nice.

Last edited by Atlanta3000; Jul 15, 2018 at 8:32 AM.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2018, 8:21 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
I have a source that said Amazon is in talks to lease 1 Million sqft in the AT&T building in Midtown. The reason I think it will be next week is the city of Seattle is voting to impose a $75 Million a year tax on Amazon to fund their homeless programs. I think Amazon will want to send them a message before the vote on May 11th.
Just wanted to mention back in early May my source told me about Amazon focusing their immediate HQ2 office needs on the AT&T building on West Peachtree AT&T is vacating in Q4. Now we see the building owner's going before the Midtown Alliance next week. All the pieces are falling in place....T minus 53 days and counting.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Just wanted to mention back in early May my source told me about Amazon focusing their immediate HQ2 office needs on the AT&T building on West Peachtree AT&T is vacating in Q4. Now we see the building owner's going before the Midtown Alliance next week. All the pieces are falling in place....T minus 53 days and counting.
Get your Kaopectate ready......

Old Posted Jul 15, 2018, 1:22 PM
BANNED

Article from Bisnow from January
https://www.bisnow.com/atlanta/news/...azon-hq2-84396

Carl Icahn-Owned AT&T Building Could Prove Ideal For Amazon HQ2
Jarred Schenke, Bisnow Atlanta

The AT&T tower in Midtown, which the telecommunications giant just announced plans to empty could present a big opportunity for two huge names: Amazon and Carl Icahn.
675 West Peachtree St. Icahn Enterprise Holdings

Amazon recently named Atlanta as one of the 20 finalists for its $5B HQ2 project, one that could see the retail giant occupy 8M SF of offices. But Amazon also said that it would need at least 500K SF of office in the winning location right away.

This could prove a possible boon to billionaire businessman and real estate mogul Carl Icahn, whose White Plains, New York-based Icahn Enterprise Holdings owns the 49-story AT&T Building at 675 West Peachtree St., even as its marquee tenant announces plans to vacate it.

On Tuesday, AT&T announced that it would empty its 1.2M SF space and the neighboring AT&T support center building in Midtown, along with its offices at 1055 Lenox Park Blvd. and 575 Morosgo Drive, both of which are in its Buckhead campus near Lenox Square, and consolidate its employees into other AT&T-occupied buildings throughout the city. In all, AT&T could be dumping a combined 2.5M SF of office in both Midtown and Buckhead by early 2020, CoStar reported.

According to city records, the AT&T Building is owned by IEP Peachtree LLP, which has an address with Icahn Enterprise Holdings, according to state records.

“[Amazon] can buy into the market and brand it immediately,” Selig Development Chief Development and Operating Officer Steve Baile said. "And they have the pockets to buy it."

Baile said he is not aware if Icahn Enterprise Holdings, which has owned the tower since 2008, has it up for sale at the moment. Since Amazon would need immediate office space to start up its operations in the winning location — and it takes more than 30 months to plan and develop a new project — this could afford both Icahn and Amazon an opportunity, Baile said.

Icahn did not return calls as of press time.

This is not the first time Baile has championed Midtown as an ideal place for Amazon HQ2. He previously told Bisnow that there are a handful of sites in the area that could accommodate an Amazon campus.

AT&T is expected to move employees to 754 and 725 West Peachtree streets, called Midtown I and II, or other buildings around the Lenox Park campus, including 1025 Lenox Park Blvd and 2180 Lake Blvd., according to a memo obtained by Bisnow.

Midtown emerged as one of the strongest and most sought-after office markets in Atlanta last year, with about 8% vacancy in its 22.8M SF of office. More than 250K SF was absorbed by tenants last year, according to a Colliers International report, and it commands some of the highest office rents in the metro area, at $33/SF.

But the AT&T move will be a blow to the submarket for a time, JLL Senior Managing Director Brannan Moss said.

“A million square feet coming back to the market will certainly have a softening effect on the dynamic of that market,” Moss said.

Despite that, Baile said he doubted that the new space would affect plans by a handful of developers to build new office, especially if Atlanta's Amazon dream falls short.

Selig Development is attempting to pre-lease a 30-story office project it plans to develop at 1105 West Peachtree St., a mixed-use project that could also include a 180-key hotel and 175 residential units. Hines Interests also announced that it planned to break ground without any pre-leasing on its T3 timber-framed office project at Atlantic Station in Midtown.

“[The AT&T Building] is for a different type of user," Baile said. "It's a B product, it's not a Class-A product."

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 1:39 PM
BANNED

Copied from the Cities Compilation Sub-Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydawg View Post
While I believe Atlanta is a finalist and active negotiations are ongoing, I don’t believe amazon has made a final decision. I would love to be wrong. I believe there are multiple properties in multiple cities in negotiations, and property owners are doing everything they can to leverage their assets and make their property as move-in ready as possible to aid amazon should they be choosen. The AT&T building sorely needs an upgrade with or without Amazon, so from a marketability standpoint, Icahn needs to invest in the building in order to attract new tenants. If a deal had been inked, you would likely not see 18 floors available for rent on loopnet, a commercial real estate website. As an Atlanta property owner, I am excited about amazon coming to Atlanta, but I don’t want us to gleefully think Atlanta was chosen like a Hillary Clinton supporter watching CNN in 2016 (I have painful memories).
Good investigative reporting MD. I wasn't aware any office space in 675 West Peachtree (aka AT&T building) was being marketed on Loopnet.

So I did a little sleuthing myself. First a Google search of: 675 West Peachtree Loopnet

So the first two Google search results for 675 West Peachtree dated March 23, 2017 and September 26, 2016 both indicated they were off the market when I clicked on the links. However, when I clicked on the third Loopnet search result dated April 9, 2018 the property was on the market (see pic below).

http://www.loopnet.com/listing/675-w...a-ga/12195121/

So we can garner from the third Loopnet search result, IEP Peachtree LLP (875 West Peachtree building owner) listed 518,309 sqft on floors 19-36 for lease on April 3, 2018. Remember the total building size is 1,427,550 sqft. Therefore, IEP Peachtree LLP has chosen not to market for lease 909,241 sqft of the remaining office space in the building. We also know from the Bisnow article from this January, AT&T is vacating 1.2 Million sqft in the building in Q4.
Quote:
On Tuesday, AT&T announced that it would empty its 1.2M SF space and the neighboring AT&T support center building in Midtown, along with its offices at 1055 Lenox Park Blvd. and 575 Morosgo Drive, both of which are in its Buckhead campus near Lenox Square, and consolidate its employees into other AT&T-occupied buildings throughout the city. In all, AT&T could be dumping a combined 2.5M SF of office in both Midtown and Buckhead by early 2020, CoStar reported.

Thanks to MontyDawg's inquiring mind, he helped me corroborate the rumor I heard Amazon has roughly a 1 Million sqft Letter of Intent on the 675 West Peachtree building. Actually it is not 1 Million sqft, it is 909,241 sqft to be exact.

Folks Amazon's decision is coming in approximately T minus 52 days and counting. Given the time window, there is essentially zero probability Amazon is having other discussions with other cities this late in the process.

Mark my words, Atlanta will be home to Amazon's HQ2 and Atlanta3000 broke the news here. Call your bookies in Vegas and let's make some money off dis shiz!

Last edited by Atlanta3000; Jul 16, 2018 at 2:12 PM.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 5:12 PM

Where is this countdown coming from? Did they announce a decision deadline date?

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 5:34 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidtownDev View Post
Where is this countdown coming from? Did they announce a decision deadline date?
Amazon has not formally announced a date. I just know people, who know people...if you know what I am saying.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Amazon has not formally announced a date. I just know people, who know people...if you know what I am saying.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 7:31 PM

Quote:
So you're feeling more confident about this new prediction than the May 11th prediction?

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 7:38 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by megalopolis View Post
So you're feeling more confident about this new prediction than the May 11th prediction?
My May 11th post was a prediction, my details today was from a source. Do you have any details Megalopolis to add to the conversation other than snarky comments? I'm all ears....

Last edited by Atlanta3000; Jul 16, 2018 at 7:49 PM.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Copied from the Cities Compilation Sub-Forum

Good investigative reporting MD. I wasn't aware any office space in 675 West Peachtree (aka AT&T building) was being marketed on Loopnet.

So I did a little sleuthing myself. First a Google search of: 675 West Peachtree Loopnet

So the first two Google search results for 675 West Peachtree dated March 23, 2017 and September 26, 2016 both indicated they were off the market when I clicked on the links. However, when I clicked on the third Loopnet search result dated April 9, 2018 the property was on the market (see pic below).

http://www.loopnet.com/listing/675-w...a-ga/12195121/

So we can garner from the third Loopnet search result, IEP Peachtree LLP (875 West Peachtree building owner) listed 518,309 sqft on floors 19-36 for lease on April 3, 2018. Remember the total building size is 1,427,550 sqft. Therefore, IEP Peachtree LLP has chosen not to market for lease 909,241 sqft of the remaining office space in the building. We also know from the Bisnow article from this January, AT&T is vacating 1.2 Million sqft in the building in Q4.

Thanks to MontyDawg's inquiring mind, he helped me corroborate the rumor I heard Amazon has roughly a 1 Million sqft Letter of Intent on the 675 West Peachtree building. Actually it is not 1 Million sqft, it is 909,241 sqft to be exact.

Folks Amazon's decision is coming in approximately T minus 52 days and counting. Given the time window, there is essentially zero probability Amazon is having other discussions with other cities this late in the process.

Mark my words, Atlanta will be home to Amazon's HQ2 and Atlanta3000 broke the news here. Call your bookies in Vegas and let's make some money off dis shiz!
I so want to be excited...

Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 11:55 PM

Per ABC, “We’ve talked to Amazon,” Delta CEO Ed Bastian said. “I hope we get them. I hope we are successful.” With Atlanta's super fortress hub, I don't see any routes that need to be added for Amazon needs.

It might be good to watch Delta's future expansion out of Seattle, since that should offer some subtle hints as well.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 3:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlwarrior View Post
It might be good to watch Delta's future expansion out of Seattle, since that should offer some subtle hints as well.
This is a good point. Need analytics on all business class tickets sold — WITH an Amazon HQ payment address — from Seattle to the different cities in contention.

Ed Bastion, you’re our only hope.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 11:36 AM
BANNED

MARTA North Ave Station Transit Oriented Development

MARTA's North Ave Station is adjacent to the Midtown AT&T Midtown building (rumored HQ2 site). Interestingly MARTA released these details last November for a TOD at this station. Does anyone have any details if any developers made any offers?

https://www.itsmarta.com/uploadedFil...h%20Avenue.pdf

Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 4:09 PM

Quote:
I don't know if Atlanta will be picked but everything I have heard from my sources tell me that the AT&T building will 100% be their landing spot initially at least if they do pick ATL for HQ2.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2018, 4:00 PM
BANNED

Copied from the City Compilation sub-forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by THWg View Post
Fine. You make a good argument, and I'm starting to believe in your Amazon speculation. Although I'm usually cautious with HQ2 speculation because it's possible that there are similar signs in the other 19 cities.
Here is another huge Data Point

I just found out, AT&T has 2 more years left on their lease at 675 West Peachtree. Why go through the cost and effort to consolidate offices when you have two years left on your lease? Better yet, why would you walk away from 1.2 Million sqft lease and not put the full amount of office space on the market to sub-lease? Loopnet is only showing 516K sqft available for lease in a 1.5 million sqft building.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2018, 1:02 PM
BANNED

Up to this point I have had data points and was connecting the dots, but I NOW have physical proof. Stay tuned!

jwbab - Check you messages!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta