HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Oct 1, 2007, 3:18 PM

MOLINE, IL | Bass Street Landing Mixed Use (and new tallest) | 20 FLOORS | PRO

Developer aims to alter Moline's skyline

Moline officials and Quad-City developer Rodney Blackwell announced plans this morning for a mixed-use high-rise that will complete the Bass Street Landing project in downtown Moline and could bring more than $50 million in investment to the community.
Bowman said Blackwell has changed the “design and scope” of the building somewhat from his announcement made last spring about the project. Bowman said the high-rise could be up to 20 stories tall, which he said would make it the tallest building in Moline. In addition, he said the building would be “mixed-use, with luxury condominiums on the top floors, offices in the middle, and the lower levels, including ground level, will be retail.”
http://www.qctimes.com/articles/2007...1502514770.txt

While visiting the parents in my old hometown of Moline, IL on the Mississippi River, I heard about plans to build a mixed use development on the river that at 20 stories would be the tallest building in Moline.
The current record holder is the 168ft, 15 story LeClaire hotel built in 1921.

The building would have 3 floors of retail, 9 floors of Class A office space for elevator company Kone, and 8 floors of luxury condos with great river views.

Yes, in the global scheme of things this is pretty minor news, but how often do I get to post a thread about Moline?
Life has returned to a riverfront downtown that was given up for dead. It's become an entertainment and residential destination, something I never would have thought possible 10 years ago. It's great to see new development reviving an old downtown area.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive