HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Old Posted Feb 19, 2007, 12:44 AM
Technoaddict

The new facade is just another boring glass box and the old one isnt anything special either. So if the new one is more energy efficient i'm fine with the replacement. they arent going to do this to buildings like the Empire State Building or the Chrysler Building so i don't see the big deal.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2007, 2:23 AM
Time/Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTheZone View Post
New York fundamentally did not accept the whole premise of historical preservation. It's important to understand this to understand it as a city. Change and progress are ingrained into the soul of the place.

If you want to see a Victorian brownstone refinished inside into a modernist white-walled loft, go to New York. To find a simliar mansion with original woodwork and tacky Victorian animal shaped lighting fixtures, try Philly or San Francisco.
I am confuse by what you said. Have you ever been to all these homes in each city to make a comparison of what they have done in the inside of every brownstone or 'victorian home'?

Maybe I will give you some examples. Here is a website for some of the best historic victorian style homes in NYC... Plenty to look in the inside of these homes aswell...

A Map:

Look for the homes on sale:

http://www.marykayg.com/

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture