HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Nov 10, 2017, 4:01 AM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
FWIW, there is at least one other person publicly allied with Englehorn from the face of the lawsuit--Bramley Paulin is a named plaintiff who from what I can tell owns some empty lots downtown at 2nd St./Willetta and 7th St./Van Buren. I remember seeing his name in some news coverage of this issue as a vocal opponent of GPLETs.
He's a landlord and real estate investor. I am interpreting biggus' often-repeated claim to be about owners / operators of stores, restaurants, or bars.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2017, 2:09 PM

Don't confuse my words here, but I believe we are approaching the point in time where incentives may not be needed for further residential high rise development in Phoenix. Projects are popping up all over, and fewer are relying on incentives not. I am for moving forward with Derby, but I love how far we've come now!

Commercial/office may require incentives still, atleast from the standpoint of attracting major teanants downtown, but that's true almost anywhere.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2017, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
Don't confuse my words here, but I believe we are approaching the point in time where incentives may not be needed for further residential high rise development in Phoenix. Projects are popping up all over, and fewer are relying on incentives not. I am for moving forward with Derby, but I love how far we've come now!

Commercial/office may require incentives still, atleast from the standpoint of attracting major teanants downtown, but that's true almost anywhere.
I think the Derby developers know this. But they will try for the GPLET if they think they can still can get the tax breaks. They will hold out until the lawsuit is said and done with and will build without the GPLET if the court rules in favor of Goldwater. I hate lawsuits. It just drags everything out. Derby would be farther than Stewart right now if they would have started on queue.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2018, 4:44 AM

Derby's website has been down since at least Friday. I am not sure if it was intentional or just simply down. Transwestern still has the rendering on their site with a new completion date of 2019 used to be 2018), so not sure if there is anything still moving. Hopefully, just the website is down.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2018, 4:28 PM

So, not really much news on Derby in several months. But the domain derbyapts.com has been sold and is now a malicious website (so don't go there). No telling if they plan on getting a new domain or what's going on with that.

No other news has come out regarding the Goldwater lawsuit and there are no new permits filed with the City of Phoenix since I last posted above. I did however, find a more detailed rendering with a new developer website based out of Texas for which I now cannot find at the moment to post it here. If I find it again, I will post it here.

That's all I have regarding Derby. Does anyone know when the Goldwater lawsuit is to actually go before the court?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest