HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Mar 19, 2008, 9:50 PM

Do I see some activity going on at the Mirabella site on the South Waterfront Webcam?

Last edited by PacificNW; Mar 21, 2008 at 1:43 AM.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2008, 11:10 PM

I don't think so. I'm waiting for heavy machinery on the site to call it U/C. nice progress on 3720's midrise though...

Old Posted Mar 20, 2008, 5:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougall
3720's midrise
hahhaaa, dear Dougall, here in tiny ole P-town, that is a skyscraper!

Old Posted Mar 20, 2008, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDaMan View Post
hahhaaa, dear Dougall, here in tiny ole P-town, that is a skyscraper!
I think Dougall was referring to the smaller "podium" building going up next to the tower.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2008, 10:14 PM

^you're probably right...my bad!

Old Posted Apr 18, 2008, 7:28 PM

They are starting to move dirt around on the Mirabella site today.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2008, 2:15 AM

lots more machinery on the Mirabella site today.

should we start a new thread for it?

Old Posted Apr 26, 2008, 2:21 AM

I have been looking forward to this getting started! A new Mirabella construction thread might be the way to go for sure.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2008, 3:29 AM

we don't have a Mirabella thread?

Old Posted Apr 27, 2008, 4:14 PM

Mirabella | 325 feet | 30 floors | Complete

Mirabella tower has heavy machinery on site for excavation.

This is going to be a 30 story retirement community in the heart of SoWa.

Ankrom Moisan Associated is the lead design firm.

photo: from AMAA projects website

Old Posted May 12, 2008, 7:57 PM

Construction photo update

800x533

1240x827
http://www.stoneyphoto.com/forum/IMG_0840_1240x827.jpg

NOTE: I took this photo of the Mirabella construction site on Sun 11May08.

Old Posted May 12, 2008, 10:06 PM

I realize that this project is targeted for specific, well-heeled retired individuals, but I am thrilled to see it "happening"....considering the economy.

Last edited by PacificNW; May 13, 2008 at 2:56 AM.

Old Posted May 13, 2008, 2:07 AM

This is a nice-looking building. SOWA needs a little more buildings with a lighter skin -- the John Ross and Atwater are nice close-up, but I feel like there needs to be some more reflectivity, not so much dark transparent glass.

Old Posted May 13, 2008, 2:28 AM

i certainly hope this building - which i like quite a bit - turns out lighter. i think most of us were surprised by how dark the meriwether/john ross/atwater/3720 turned out to be.

Old Posted May 14, 2008, 9:35 PM

It looks pretty dark to me, but it still looks nice.

Old Posted May 16, 2008, 2:00 AM

Mirabella Ground Breaking Ceremony (May 3rd)

http://mirabellaretirement.com/
click on "South Waterfront, Portland" for more photos, other project links

Ground Breaking Ceremony
May 3, 2008

We are pleased to report that “ground has been broken and we are officially under construction.” On Saturday, May 3, 2008, more than 400 Charter Members gathered together under a beautifully decorated white tent to celebrate.

The festivities began with a performance by the Portland State University Jazz Quartet, followed by a fine group of distinguished speakers. Mr. Tom Becker, President and CEO of Pacific Retirement Services, welcomed all Charter Members and introduced the Board of Directors. PRS Board Chair, Mr. William Thorndike, Jr., and Mr. Eric Dishman of Intel Corporation shared exciting visions for the new community. OHSU’s Executive Vice President, Mr. Steve Stadum, spoke about all the possibilities for making the next chapters of life the best chapters of life. Ray Davis, CEO of Umpqua Bank, invited residents to consider their branch “the store,” where they can play Nintendo’s Wii, enjoy interactive displays, and see the model of the new park.

Undoubtedly, one of the highlights of the ceremony was the heartfelt and humorous message from volunteer Charter Member speakers, Mr. Lynn & Mrs. Susan Spruill and Dr. Ken & Mrs. Susan Berg. Then it was time to enjoy a champagne toast and a delicious full luncheon buffet with the friendliest fun-loving group of people in all of Portland.

Old Posted May 16, 2008, 2:06 AM

welcome sowat...when I first saw your handle I thought you were a bojacker and expected to see some SoWhat BS here.

Thanks for posting those stories. Anyone know when the first prom. tower is to break ground? and is it apartment or condo?

Old Posted May 16, 2008, 2:56 AM

hello

thanks Mark, yes the name is a play on "so-what," but in a positive way, like, "what's up" (in SoWa). Recently moved to Portland and decided to rent at the John Ross for a year, at least. Lots of pics to follow, momentarily too!

Old Posted May 16, 2008, 3:21 AM

Thurs May 15.

Lots of noise over the past two weeks, perimeter drilling and massive steel girders sunk for foundation pit outer wall.

Last edited by sowat; Jul 10, 2009 at 9:23 PM. Reason: additional rendering added to this thread's first page

Old Posted May 16, 2008, 4:12 PM

AIA: Mirabella Portland, Best New Design, Senior Living Community

Personally, I think all architectural renderings are too seductive!

Anyway...

From the Spring 2008 newsletter on the Mirabella web site:
http://www.mirabellaretirement.com/ (under South Waterfront, Portland)

We are very pleased to report that Mirabella Portland has won the highest design award from the American Institute of Architects (AIA)! At the most recent Annual Convention of the American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging in Orlando, Florida, nearly 9,000 attendees—including Mr. Elie Wiesel, Nobel Peace Prize winner— recognized Mirabella Portland for Best New Design, Senior Living Community.

Professionals from all over the U.S. voted for Mirabella Portland, and many commented that the new community raises the bar and expectations for what a senior living community can be. Pacific Retirement Services (Mirabella’s parent company) and Ankrom Moisan Architects share this prestigious award.

As Marketing Director Adam Payn puts it, “Today’s retirees are very savvy people who have a strong vision of what they want out of life. They are very specific in what they are looking for in terms of housing style, particular amenities, and conveniences. Mirabella Portland has been designed to take all of these things into account.”

Among the reasons so many people are choosing Mirabella is its great location in the South Waterfront. In just a few short years the neighborhood will offer shopping, restaurants, and so much more—all within walking distance from the front door. Plus, the nearby Streetcar provides access to all of Portland.

In addition, there are 40 different floor plans to explore, all with 9-foot ceilings and extra-large windows, as well as private view decks to capture the stunning views.

Mirabella will also offer four Dining Venues/Restaurants to choose from that include a first-floor Garden Café Dining, plus Penthouse Dining on the 24th floor with million dollar views.

Amenities include a Fitness Center with indoor pool, a Spa/Salon, a Theatre, a Business Center, and much more. There will also be flexible convenience services such as free scheduled transportation, 24-hour security, housekeeping, linen and maintenance services, and full activities program.

“But what really has people excited is Mirabella’s revolutionary new financial plan,” says Adam. “There are no costly nonrefundable endowments where hard earned assets are forfeited. Instead, our Returnable Entrance Fee Plan allows them to receive a refund or leave a substantial financial legacy to their estate.”

Another very attractive aspect of Mirabella is peace-of-mind for today and always. Residents will live an actively engaged life in Portland’s signature building for senior living.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland