HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jan 31, 2007, 8:31 AM

Sacramento Restaurants, Nightlife and Entertainment

With all the new restaurants, cafes, nightclubs, lounges, galleries and other entertainment opening up in downtown/midtown Sacramento, I thought we should have a dedicated thread for it.

Earlier this evening, I was driving down J street towards Alhambra and later back up K to L to I-5. Just saw the McCormick and Schmick's on J from outside looking in. Should be a sweet restaurant once it opens next month. Saw a sign for Parlare Euro Lounge (www.parlarelounge.com) which I think is a Mason's (The Park) style lounge. Not sure if they are open yet. Drove by a recently opened place, Timarind Vietnamese Eatery, which is near Kru (one of my favs) at 25th and J. Saw a new place (I think it was called Level Up Lounge or something like that ... I was driving by) opening above Thai Basil restaurant at 24th and J. Also drove past Black Pearl which I read is going to be converted to something else.

As I later hovered back up K street towards the freeway, I saw that True Love coffehouse is back (Beach Hut deli currently occupies their old site on J street) at 23rd and K. Next to it was, I think, a Tea House or cafe or store or something opening called Hina's Tea. Driving on, I also saw a building with MARRS sign at 20th and K. Not sure if it's the project coming up nicely. Additionally, looks like a new gay club, Badlands, has been added to that entertainment area accross from Faces.

One weekend recently, friends and I had beer after work at Streets of London at 18th and J. Then walked by a dueling piano place called twisted 88s and over to Lucca at 16th and J for dinner. Then went to Mikuni on 16th to watch the rest of the King's game and have some more drinks. Then walked by Bistro 33 to Masons/the Park Downtown at 15th and L to finish up the night with music, dancing and entertainment.

Was just intrigued by how much one is now able to go to several places for a night out without the need to drive in midtown and the parts of downtown. Also so many new dining options keep croping up. It's no Gaslamp District in San Diego but it's a start.

Also, while driving down Broadway the other day, I saw a place called Bali Wine Bar and Grill. I think it may be an Indonesian restaurant. Looked good from outside and seemed to be worth checking out. May stop by in the next few days for dinner. Anyone been there?

Also looks like Sweet Fingers Jamaican restaurant has also been replaced with Queen Sheeba Ethiopian restaurant at Broadway and 17th. Got to try that out too. Just love the ethnic restaurant mix on Broadway.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area