HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Feb 23, 2010, 4:21 AM
Bring out the cranes...

would be nice if the Jazz could flipping win a HOME GAME!!! Once again those damn Chicken Nuggets gets lucky.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Feb 23, 2010, 7:39 PM

Come on! They're the best team in the league since the start of the new year! They drop one game less that twenty-four hours after a tough overtime victory on the road, and go without two starters, play a great game, and just come up short, and now you jump on the forum and comment?
The jazz are kicking ass and I couldn't be happier with what they're doing right now.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2010, 7:49 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
would be nice if the Jazz could flipping win a HOME GAME!!! Once again those damn Chicken Nuggets gets lucky.
How have the nuggets been lucky? If anything it's the opposite.. they are playing down to competition again (which they had a talent for doing back in the 80's when Alex English was around) esp when they are possibly tired (back to back after an OT - game at Washington looked horrid on paper - I'm glad I dind't find a place to watch it)

Old Posted Feb 23, 2010, 8:10 PM
Denver is the M/W Father!

Location: IN THE LAND OF MILK AND HONEY WHERE HOPS AND CANNABIS REIGN SUPREME!
Quote:
REALLY!? utah would have been a FULL SWEEP! but Both Chauncey and Mello were absent for game 4 between Denver and Utard. A Spazz can call A Nugget a chicken all he wants. None of it really matters until the end of the Season. I am confident where my team will be, let's go back and check some posts from the Spazz fans and see how confident you guys have been this Season.

Up until late it's been alot of bitching and moaning about how the Spazz suck! And Boozer needs to go away yabba dabba do! Last year Denver played well in the Finals with LA. This year We are focused on taking LA out and going all the way! Dig a little deeper into the Nuggets and what they are doing, trust me they are prepairing for a CHAMPIONSHIP!!! this is our year a Championship is finally coming to Denver and the Nuggets this Season...

There is no such thing as remaining constant.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2010, 9:50 PM

I think when he says "Chicken nuggets" he's referring to the Hawks, who Utah lost to last night. Denver didn't play last night, did they?

Old Posted Feb 23, 2010, 9:59 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottharding View Post
I think when he says "Chicken nuggets" he's referring to the Hawks, who Utah lost to last night. Denver didn't play last night, did they?
no that's why I was confused! What a misleading prejorative... !

Old Posted Feb 23, 2010, 11:53 PM

Yeah, I don't think anybody but a homer could be calling the Nuggets lucky these days. They're for real. They've proved it.
Near the start of the New Year, an ESPN analyst picked Utah to finish 2nd in the West. When he made that prediction, Utah was sitting in 9th place. He seemed to know what he was talking about. Utah has lept up to 3rd, and isn't far behind Denver, but I think he underestemated the Nuggets. I don't think Utah will fall below the 3rd seed, but cathing Denver won't be so easy.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2010, 4:20 AM

Regardless if he meant the term for the Hawks, that's my new favorite word for the (chicken) Nuggets.

Jazz are playing great. Personally I think it goes:

1. Lakers
2. Maveriks (with recent trade)
3. chicken nugs
4. Jazz

I wouldn't rule out the Spurs either during the playoffs when they start kicking it up a notch.

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Feb 24, 2010, 7:22 AM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm3034L!fe View Post

trust me they are prepairing for a CHAMPIONSHIP!!! this is our year a Championship is finally coming to Denver and the Nuggets this Season...

Didn't you said the SAME thing about the Denver Broncos last fall?....yea, how did that work out for you guys?

Wait has the "Chicken Nuggets" EVER been to the NBA finals?......no. And the Jazz have been there what...twice. Sure they lost, but at least they made it twice while Denver is yet to go once. I think as long as kobe is playing for the Fakers the Denver Nuggets will always be their bitches in the playoffs ( And this is coming from someone who really hates the Lakers. )

Old Posted Feb 24, 2010, 7:28 AM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giovoni View Post
How have the nuggets been lucky? If anything it's the opposite.. they are playing down to competition again (which they had a talent for doing back in the 80's when Alex English was around) esp when they are possibly tired (back to back after an OT - game at Washington looked horrid on paper - I'm glad I dind't find a place to watch it)

Well last season the Nugs where just lucky that the Jazz had all their injuries that kept them from winning more then 50 games. Hell they were lucky to even win 48 games.

This season the Nugs are lucky again that the Jazz had their piss poor start to the season. Sure now the Jazz are playing some great B-Ball. But I still have a feeling when the season's over the Jazz will be one or two games shy of passing up Denver and then the Jazz will be looking back at those home loses to below .500 teams.

So in other words watching the Jazz try to catch up to Denver and pass them up is like watching paint dry. They could of tied for the first time this season, but instead they are going to full back a game. It's frustrating.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2010, 7:30 AM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottharding View Post

No I meant the Denver Nuggets. They didn't play last night, but got lucky when the Jazz could of tied them up for the number 2 spot.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2010, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Didn't you said the SAME thing about the Denver Broncos last fall?....yea, how did that work out for you guys?
atleast we got a football team lmao not like you guys

Old Posted Feb 24, 2010, 5:31 PM
Closed account

Quote:

Wait has the "Chicken Nuggets" EVER been to the NBA finals?......no. And the Jazz have been there what...twice. Sure they lost, but at least they made it twice while Denver is yet to go once. I think as long as kobe is playing for the Fakers the Denver Nuggets will always be their bitches in the playoffs ( And this is coming from someone who really hates the Lakers. )
Really? being better at losing is what we're going to argue now?

Both Utah and Denver are playing great.. I'd only be "slightly" less thrilled if it was Utah who knocked the Lakers down a couple pegs. From the way both teams are playing either could (so might the Mavs.. we'll see how they do now). But really.. is there anything more pathetic than saying "we've lost the championship more than you have?"

Old Posted Feb 24, 2010, 5:34 PM

Quote:

No I meant the Denver Nuggets. They didn't play last night, but got lucky when the Jazz could of tied them up for the number 2 spot.
Oh, that makes sense. In that case, yeah, the Nuggets did get lucky that they didn't get caught. The Jazz almost had that game even without D-will and AK.
Still, I don't think you're right about the Lakers being a sure bet against the Nuggets. Denver is tough, and they handed it to LA just a week ago. If anyone in the West can beat LA, it's Denver. And, though as a Jazz fan I don't like Denver, I'll take them over LA a hundred times.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2010, 5:40 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Really? being better at losing is what we're going to argue now?

Both Utah and Denver are playing great.. I'd only be "slightly" less thrilled if it was Utah who knocked the Lakers down a couple pegs. From the way both teams are playing either could (so might the Mavs.. we'll see how they do now). But really.. is there anything more pathetic than saying "we've lost the championship more than you have?"

Not as pathetic as your Nuggets. Again as long as the Lakers are around you clowns will only be 2rd best.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2010, 5:40 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas400 View Post
atleast we got a football team lmao not like you guys

Wow, to have a pro football team that plays on the same level as our collage football teams. I'm so jealous. LOL

Last edited by SLC Projects; Feb 24, 2010 at 9:30 PM.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2010, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAnderson View Post
Regardless if he meant the term for the Hawks, that's my new favorite word for the (chicken) Nuggets.

Jazz are playing great. Personally I think it goes:

1. Lakers
2. Maveriks (with recent trade)
3. chicken nugs
4. Jazz

I wouldn't rule out the Spurs either during the playoffs when they start kicking it up a notch.
I don't think the Mavericks will pass the Jazz or the Nuggets. How many trades now have they made the last few seasons that were supposed to make them better? Never did. I don't look for this one to make much of a difference. Same goes for the Spurs. They're run is over. And their summer trades for Richard Jefferson were supposed to make them contenders again. Then last month they were desperately trying to unload him.
Trades don't solve teams problems as much as people would like to think. Unless it's just adding a final piece, say with Denver adding Billups or Cleveland adding Jamison, it's just a new player hopping on a bandwagon with wheels falling off. The Mavericks short-comings aren't solved by this addition. I'm thinking the standings aren't gonna change much in the top 4 the rest of the season. There may be a bit of volley, but my guess is that this is how it will play out:
LA
Denver
Utah
Dallas

Utah may catch Denver, but they own the tie-breaker. Dallas may catch Utah, but the Jazz get the tie-breaker there.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2010, 5:50 PM
Closed account

Quote:

Not as pathetic as your Nuggets. Again as long as the Lakers are around you clowns will only be 2rd best.
Which apparently you revel in.. so which is it for us? Should we be thrilled to be 2nd best as you are with the Jazz; or should we keep trying to get a championship and not spend time pointing out to teams like say OK that they've never been to the Western conference finals and so they suck (I know they went as Seattle don't bother with that)?

Old Posted Feb 24, 2010, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Your football team sucks so that's not saying much
we have 2 championships.... how many do you guys have????? 0! yea thats what i thought. LMAO And maybe will never have one hahahaha

Old Posted Feb 24, 2010, 9:37 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
Which apparently you revel in.. so which is it for us? Should we be thrilled to be 2nd best as you are with the Jazz; or should we keep trying to get a championship and not spend time pointing out to teams like say OK that they've never been to the Western conference finals and so they suck (I know they went as Seattle don't bother with that)?

No I'm just saying it's kind of pathetic that the Denver Nuggets have been around since the 70's and til this day they still have yet to make it to the NBA Final while the Jazz have been twice. Who cares if the Jazz lost both times. Lets see how well the Nugs would do against the greatest NBA player of all time. My point was that the Jazz have gone further then the Nuggets have. But we'll see if those Chicken Nuggets can make it to the NBA finals, but I believe it will be those annoying LA Lakers again who will be in the finals. Denver is good, but I don't think they are great.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West