HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Old Posted Today, 2:31 AM
we built this city

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartguard View Post
Dexel tends to finish their projects quite well.Their buildings are distinct in their quality.
Great to hear. Hoping it ties in well with the Queen's Marque materials!

Old Posted Today, 4:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldlyhaligonian View Post
Great to hear. Hoping it ties in well with the Queen's Marque materials!
I don't have high hopes.
From my understanding they will be using the same ceramic tile (made to look like stone) that they used on their Hollis Project.

Old Posted Today, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonovision View Post
I don't have high hopes.
From my understanding they will be using the same ceramic tile (made to look like stone) that they used on their Hollis Project.
If a significant amount of this becomes PNS office space as I expect it will not be high-quality materials like real stone. The low-bid mentality will prevent that.

Old Posted Today, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonovision View Post
I don't have high hopes.
The plans for both said "manufactured stone cladding," but their appearance in renderings is somewhat different (it's plainer in the Press Block).

It would be unfortunate if they use cladding similar to the Flynn Flats, but in fairness I'm not sure there's anything wrong with the quality of that finishes-I think the patterning just looks silly and a bit excessive. I hope they go for a more natural and simpler stone appearance, which would be much better-suited to the area. But I strongly doubt it will look cheap or insubstantial; I can't think of a single Dexel project like that, and this is a very central, marquee project for them. I'm optimistic.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth