HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

About The Ads  This week the ad company used in the forum will be monitoring activity and doing some tests to identify any problems which users may be experiencing. If at any time this week you get pop-ups, redirects, etc. as a result of ads please let us know by sending an email to forum@skyscraperpage.com or post in the ads complaint thread. Thank you for your participation.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Sep 17, 2018, 5:00 PM
Jos Connaissant

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
Something that is assumed to be constant that is suddenly up for debate is unnerving to most people. Given time to consider an issue I think more people would be open to it.

Language doesn't stay the same no matter what people think. It adapts, changes, gains popularity, loses popularity, or falls into disuse completely. I don't know why English would be any different.

I can barely understand Old English at all. The only reason English is still with us is that it adapted. French should do the same if it wants to survive and stay relevant. Adopt Arabic words, English words, Mandarin words, etc.
Anyway, English will be the main language where you live at the moment until well after your death. So it's all academic.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada