HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

360 10th Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 1, 2015, 3:22 AM
New Yorker for life

^ That doesn't meany anything. Goldman Sachs and a few others were or are in that range.

The excessive costs here probably have to do with design, which will likely be something extraordinary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
If it really is 733kSF it'll probably be insanely skinny!
The footprint alone suggests a skinny skyscraper. But 3 quarters of a million sf is decent sized for these type skyscrapers. The Steinway addition (111 W 57) is between 100-200k sf and 432 Park is about 400k sf. They can do a lot with 733k sf.

Quote:
http://www.quidnuncre.com/2014/09/29...o-hudson-yards

Hines Gets Into Hudson Yards

September 29, 2014
By QuidnuncRE Staff

Quote:
Houston-based real estate development and management firm Hines today confirmed that it is joining with MG Properties to develop 360 Tenth Ave. for mixed-use.

Hines is based in Houston but operates internationally, and has a New York office that manages 16 commercial properties in the city, including several prominent office towers.

MG Properties is the NYC-based real estate investment and development arm of McCourt Global, the investment firm started by Frank H. McCourt Jr., who is best known as a former owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers.

McCourt's costly divorce led to the team's bankruptcy, and a sale forced by Major League Baseball in 2012. Prior to his 2004 purchase of the Dodgers, McCourt was best known as a Boston real estate developer; his family has been in building, construction and development for more than a century.

MG Properties bought 360 Tenth Ave., adjacent to the Hudson Yards development at W. 31st St., from NYC's Sherwood Equities for about $167.5 million last year.

http://www.mg.com/mg-properties-hine...ted-architect/

MG Properties and Hines Team Up on 360 Tenth Avenue; SHoP Selected as Architect

Quote:
....Recently named the world’s most innovative architecture firm by Fast Company, SHoP has been a creative force behind many notable projects in New York City in recent years, including: 111 West 57th; 626 First Avenue; Gotham Gateway; the Domino Sugar Refinery and Barclays Center.

“We are thrilled to be working with McCourt and Hines to design this important new tower at the terminus of the High Line and the hinge between the Hudson River and Penn Station. We hope to create a building that evokes the best of historic Chelsea while making a strong contemporary addition to the skyline.” said Vishaan Chakrabarti, a partner at SHoP Architects.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2015, 3:34 AM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

Let's see, 432 Park is 700ksf. It could be wider than 432 Park and still be 1400'.

Edit: Hmm, wiki(400k) and CTBUH(700k) have different areas for 432 Park. Time to recheck the permits.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2015, 4:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalziand View Post
Let's see, 432 Park is 700ksf. It could be wider than 432 Park and still be 1400'.
Maybe the difference is between the residential floorspace and the total building square footage? Keep in mind that 432 Park has a pretty sizable retail element, as well as numerous below-ground levels.

In contrast, this Hudson Yards tower will not have extensive retail. It will probably be a bulkier tower, even if it rises to 1,400 ft.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2015, 4:23 AM
New Yorker for life

Also keep in mind that the 733k is probably total "zoned" floor space, which doesn't included mechanical. Mechanical totals always make these tower significantly larger.

But I would suspect a hotel component with this tower. The tie in to the High Line alone will make this a draw.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2015, 8:28 PM
New Yorker for life

Used this photo from sky-surreality to mark potential locations of SHoP's 3 extra supertalls in the city...

Old Posted Mar 6, 2015, 3:52 PM
New Yorker for life

Combine one of the hottest firms in New York (SHoP) with two of the hottest development areas (the High Line and Hudson Yards), and what do we get?

I don't know, but can't wait so see.

This is where we will find out...

Old Posted Jun 3, 2015, 4:55 AM
New Yorker for life

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/ol...gh-line-302739

Olafur Eliasson Wants You to Create a Lego Utopia on the High Line

Cait Munro
May 28, 2015

Quote:
If you can't imagine a better way to spend a spring afternoon than playing with Legos on the High Line, you're in luck—Olafur Eliasson's new interactive installation is sure to unleash the inner child in everyone.

But The Collectivity Project is about more than just play. Eliasson conceived of the project as a way to bring people together and allow them to create a utopian society, if only in miniature form. The idea, which is up until September 30, is at home at the 10th Avenue and West 30th Street section of the High Line, where the sounds of construction buzz in the background.

To kick the project off, High Line Art invited 10 of the city's most prominent architecture firms, including Diller Scofidio + Renfro, Bjarke Ingels Group, Renzo Piano Building Workshop, and SHoP Architects to contribute structures to the model city, which include everything from intricate skyscrapers to a tiny, delicate tree.

The Collectivity Project will be on view on the High Line at 10th Avenue and West 30th Street from May 29–September 30, 2015.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2015, 12:47 AM
N40° 46.8925', W073° 57.3

I would love for MSG to move at the Morgan site. It would make that area so much better and at the same time, use the huge amount if air rights waiting to be used to build tall around Penn Station.

Via MAS NYC

Old Posted Jul 9, 2015, 1:00 AM
BANNED

I walked by the site today. I wonder when something will rise here.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2015, 8:45 PM

just going to drop this here... *nonchalantly whistles*

118 East 59th, Soo K Chan, SCDA, Euro Properties, Billionaires Row, Midtown skyscraper (4) by cityrealty_nyc, on Flickr

Old Posted Jul 17, 2015, 9:02 PM
BANNED

Bloody hell! Where did that come from? That looks around 1,300'!

This is the Age of Ramses, lads!

Old Posted Jul 17, 2015, 9:04 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Awsome! Great timing as its friday, and one supertall a week is what where aiming at. Ramses himself would want that, and his legacy lives!

I'd say 1300 feet too. Possibly 1350 ft. Looks like a new signature tower for the HY region.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2015, 9:52 PM
N40° 46.8925', W073° 57.3

Hell yea!! My eagle eye says its 1,350+.

Last edited by Vertical_Gotham; Jul 17, 2015 at 10:14 PM.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2015, 10:56 PM
BANNED

Are we sure that's 360 10th and not another site a little further south and west? If it is 360, it looks to be over 1,600'. 360 is across 10th Ave from Coach. Coach is 895', and this looks almost twice as tall as that.

PS: Where did that render come from? I actually checked the DOB permits for 360 10th last night.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2015, 11:03 PM

Last edited by Cynicism; Aug 10, 2020 at 10:26 PM.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2015, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Ewing View Post
Are we sure that's 360 10th and not another site a little further south and west? If it is 360, it looks to be over 1,600'. 360 is across 10th Ave from Coach. Coach is 895', and this looks almost twice as tall as that.

PS: Where did that render come from? I actually checked the DOB permits for 360 10th last night.
Unless there is a a development site further south that a supertall could possibly rise from that we don't know about, this looks spot on with 360 10th Ave,

Old Posted Jul 17, 2015, 11:14 PM
don't *meddle*...

I'm pretty sure it matches 360 10th Ave. My first thought was the Tishman Spire site, but it's too far off. An article or some kind of news would be nice.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2015, 11:19 PM
BANNED

That's definitely not the Spire. I walked by there today, and it appears that that site is vacant. I hope that Tishman gets JPMC or Deutsche Bank to anchor it.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2015, 11:53 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicism View Post
I assume that site has a lot of rights.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2015, 2:34 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
I would love for MSG to move at the Morgan site. It would make that area so much better and at the same time, use the huge amount if air rights waiting to be used to build tall around Penn Station.
Not gonna happen, for a variety of reason. And MSG's best option was the backside of Farley, and even that was deemed to "far".

Anyway, we know that SHoP's planned supertall could be "as high" as 1,400 ft or so, (or at least a supertall). It could very well be taller than 30 Hudson. We'll just have to wait and see.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals