HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

About The Ads  This week the ad company used in the forum will be monitoring activity and doing some tests to identify any problems which users may be experiencing. If at any time this week you get pop-ups, redirects, etc. as a result of ads please let us know by sending an email to forum@skyscraperpage.com or post in the ads complaint thread. Thank you for your participation.


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #3401  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2019, 12:50 AM
FrAnKs's Avatar
FrAnKs FrAnKs is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ville de Québec / Quebec city
Posts: 5,028
Saw this beauty today in Québec City



https://www.google.ca/maps/@46.81911...7i13312!8i6656
__________________
PROVINCE OF QUEBEC ==> 8 500 000
MONTREAL ==> 4 250 000
QUEBEC CITY ==> 825 000
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3402  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2019, 12:56 AM
stevanford1's Avatar
stevanford1 stevanford1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrAnKs View Post
Saw this beauty today in Québec City



https://www.google.ca/maps/@46.81911...7i13312!8i6656
, that's wretched! Reminds me of an even more awful version of this turd in Moncton!
https://www.google.ca/maps/@46.11751...7i13312!8i6656
__________________
Never Half-ass Two Things, Whole-ass One Thing. - Ron Swanson
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3403  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2019, 1:01 AM
stevanford1's Avatar
stevanford1 stevanford1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,633
__________________
Never Half-ass Two Things, Whole-ass One Thing. - Ron Swanson
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3404  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2019, 1:03 AM
vid's Avatar
vid vid is offline
Editor
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 40,173
It has a relative in Thunder Bay! Two, actually! Wait? What is this? Triplets???

There was a sale at Gables Я Us!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3405  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2019, 1:04 AM
stevanford1's Avatar
stevanford1 stevanford1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
It has a relative in Thunder Bay! Two, actually! Wait? What is this? Triplets???

There was a sale at Gables Я Us!
__________________
Never Half-ass Two Things, Whole-ass One Thing. - Ron Swanson
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3406  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2019, 1:17 AM
stevanford1's Avatar
stevanford1 stevanford1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,633
__________________
Never Half-ass Two Things, Whole-ass One Thing. - Ron Swanson
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3407  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2019, 10:13 PM
stevanford1's Avatar
stevanford1 stevanford1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,633
__________________
Never Half-ass Two Things, Whole-ass One Thing. - Ron Swanson
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3408  
Old Posted Sep 15, 2019, 7:45 PM
vid's Avatar
vid vid is offline
Editor
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 40,173
So, it's in Ontario, there are trees nearby, and the store runs counter-clockwise (you go in the right door, not the left; some are the other way around).

Can anyone figure out where it is?? Does anyone care?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3409  
Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 12:56 AM
megadude megadude is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: N. York/Bram/Mark/Sauga/Burl/Oak/DT
Posts: 999
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3410  
Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 12:59 AM
megadude megadude is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: N. York/Bram/Mark/Sauga/Burl/Oak/DT
Posts: 999
A Mohawk community centre just off the 400 near Georgian Bay. Maybe the funds were donated by McDonalds.



http://www.kingslandplus.com/experie...?cid=5&pid=178
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3411  
Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 11:24 AM
stevanford1's Avatar
stevanford1 stevanford1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by megadude View Post
A Mohawk community centre just off the 400 near Georgian Bay. Maybe the funds were donated by McDonalds.



http://www.kingslandplus.com/experie...?cid=5&pid=178
I raise you




I’m loathing it!
__________________
Never Half-ass Two Things, Whole-ass One Thing. - Ron Swanson
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3412  
Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 10:52 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is offline
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 17,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevanford1 View Post
I raise you




I’m loathing it!
Yeah the Maxbell reclad is very unfortunate. What makes it worse is its prominence from the river and deerfoot on top of the hill. There was a ketchup and mustard trend in the 00's that was just horrible.

That mohawk centre has a nice form underneath the condiment colours at least.
__________________
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire

https://clockzillakingoflaval.tumblr.com
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3413  
Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 11:00 PM
megadude megadude is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: N. York/Bram/Mark/Sauga/Burl/Oak/DT
Posts: 999
To be fair, the Mohawk one follows the colour of their flag. The building itself isn't horrifying and actually, one could say it fits the surrounding quite nicely. There's nothing else even close to it so it's not like it's an eyesore to neighbours. And on a grey winter day, which you often get around Georgian Bay, this could be a welcome splash of colour and interesting style when driving by.

Wouldn't want this down the street from me in the city or anything like that.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3414  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 12:33 AM
Franco401's Avatar
Franco401 Franco401 is offline
Kneel before Irving
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Southside Fredericton, NB
Posts: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by megadude View Post
To be fair, the Mohawk one follows the colour of their flag. The building itself isn't horrifying and actually, one could say it fits the surrounding quite nicely. There's nothing else even close to it so it's not like it's an eyesore to neighbours. And on a grey winter day, which you often get around Georgian Bay, this could be a welcome splash of colour and interesting style when driving by.

Wouldn't want this down the street from me in the city or anything like that.
Yeah, it's a rare example of some postmodernism I can get behind.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3415  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 11:08 PM
stevanford1's Avatar
stevanford1 stevanford1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
So, it's in Ontario, there are trees nearby, and the store runs counter-clockwise (you go in the right door, not the left; some are the other way around).

Can anyone figure out where it is?? Does anyone care?
I think It’s in Oakville. Speaking of Oakville uglies the Hopedale Mall (or South Oakville) belongs here. Ugly on the outside, dead on the inside!







Utterly Hopeless
__________________
Never Half-ass Two Things, Whole-ass One Thing. - Ron Swanson
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3416  
Old Posted Sep 19, 2019, 12:09 AM
AuxTown's Avatar
AuxTown AuxTown is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 3,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
Yeah the Maxbell reclad is very unfortunate. What makes it worse is its prominence from the river and deerfoot on top of the hill. There was a ketchup and mustard trend in the 00's that was just horrible.

That mohawk centre has a nice form underneath the condiment colours at least.
I noticed that when visiting relatives out west. A lot of dark orange and yellow accents on condos and businesses. Luckily, we were spared this in Ottawa. Instead, our biggest developer (Claridge) must have gotten a good deal on shitty teal/mint glass and spandrel....it's everywhere!

https://www.ottawaproperties.com/wp-...-Rideau-CH.jpg
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3417  
Old Posted Sep 19, 2019, 3:44 AM
ssiguy ssiguy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: White Rock BC
Posts: 6,977
Wow that Oakville mall is really depressing and somewhat surprising due to Oakville being a very wealthy city.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3418  
Old Posted Sep 19, 2019, 3:46 AM
vid's Avatar
vid vid is offline
Editor
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Thunder Bay
Posts: 40,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy View Post
Wow that Oakville mall is really depressing and somewhat surprising due to Oakville being a very wealthy city.
Wealthy = boring. I bet it's the most popular mall in town.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3419  
Old Posted Sep 19, 2019, 12:09 PM
stevanford1's Avatar
stevanford1 stevanford1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
Wealthy = boring. I bet it's the most popular mall in town.
Far from it . It just so happens I’m in Oakville right now for a meeting with a client who lives there and his house is right by the Hopeless Mall. I’ll see if I can duck in after and take some pics.
__________________
Never Half-ass Two Things, Whole-ass One Thing. - Ron Swanson
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3420  
Old Posted Sep 19, 2019, 12:30 PM
megadude megadude is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: N. York/Bram/Mark/Sauga/Burl/Oak/DT
Posts: 999
Oakville doesn't have many malls. Oakville Place is the only real mall there and I like it. Wouldn't have said that in my 20s but it's always bright in there, very low vacancy, never congested with people but never dead. Not much of a store selection though, but at this point I don't need that.

However, that mall is very surprising. It's in an amazing mature neighbourhood and you'd think there would be something, anything better than that. There is a fancy restaurant in there, which is surprising, so I guess they much have a really low lease rate.

It also unsurprisingly has a basement bowling alley, which is what you'd expect given the exterior.

The only reason I go to this mall is to see what inventory that Winners currently has in stock.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:31 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.