HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Feb 12, 2018, 7:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancla View Post
I lived in Austin when their Frost bank building was built. At the time, it was extremely exciting because it was going to be the city's new tallest. That building was a real catalyst for downtown Austin's growth, because it got people thinking about downtown in a different way than they had before.

This Frost won't be our tallest, but hopefully the excitement this one is bringing will have a similar effect with our downtown. We gotta start somewhere. This is a good start.
I grew up in Austin and remember when the Frost Tower went up. There was a lot of excitement at the time about getting such an iconic building. Many people I knew back then were as excited about that building as we are for this one and just like you said, it was the catalyst for what downtown Austin has become.

I have very high (no pun intended) hopes for this Frost tower as well and what it can do for San Antonio.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio