HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Jun 24, 2008, 1:06 AM
COGSADCAJA, VP and CGO

Old Posted Jul 9, 2008, 3:48 PM
COGSADCAJA, VP and CGO

Vistana update from 07/09/2008...

webcam from http://thevistana.com

Old Posted Sep 1, 2008, 6:51 PM
Closed account

There's brick facade up to the top floor of parking on the Milam Park side, and up to the third floor on the Laredo St. side. It also looks like the last floor of the three floor penthouse is in place.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2008, 1:58 AM
Closed account

According to the Downtown blog on mysa, the opening date for the Vistana has been pushed back to December.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2008, 9:01 PM
Closed account

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/downtown/

The Downtown Blog
Visiting, working and living in downtown San Antonio.

October 16, 2008
The Vistana's getting there

I don't know how it ended up this way, but I happen to know a lot of people that are moving into The Vistana. You know The Vistana, that huge apartment building under construction on W. Commerce Street and N. Santa Rosa Avenue, catty-cornered to El Mercado.

When my Vistana friends told me their move-in date had been pushed back from November to December, I decided to go straight to the source, developer Ed Cross, for the lowdown.

"We are running about six months total behind our original schedule," Cross said via e-mail. "The majority of the delay was due to the rains last summer when we were working on the foundations."

In the e-mail, Cross said once city inspections are complete, he anticipates The Vistana's first residents will move in Dec. 1. He also wrote that 45 of the 247 units have been pre-leased, "and to our pleasant surprise 60 percent of our tenants work outside of downtown."

My Vistana friends said there are plans for a night out on the town courtesy of The Vistana, as a kind of gesture for the delay. Cross wrote that there are also plans for a grand opening party.

As far as the ground floor, Sterling Bank will occupy one of those spaces. No word on who will fill the others.

I'll have more on The Vistana as it gets closer to completion. It will be interesting to see how fast its units fill up, especially considering the rent is relatively affordable.

As far as the anticipation, Cross wrote, as others have told me as well, "We are getting comments daily about the building's presence on the skyline. It will truly be a new landmark."

Old Posted Nov 13, 2008, 7:02 PM

The Vistana 11/12/2008 Update!!! (san Antonio)

Hi Everyone,

I've been watching this forum ever since I became interested in the Vistana. I actually am going to be one of the tenants in there with a sweet patio leading to the amenities deck. The latest news is that construction has been pushed back once again and tenants aren't expected to move in till February 09. Yikes! Although it's a bit of pain to wait, it's well worth it in my book. The building is looking awesome. I had the pleasure of having a walk through in their model that they just made available. This model is a 1 bedroom, roughly 756 square feet, furnished to give you an idea of what it will look like when it is all done. All the fixtures and paint come standard in the unit. The ceilings are 10ft high with exposed fixtures (awesome). Anyway, I know a lot of you have been monitoring this forum so I thought I would contribute these photos I've taken. I am also a huge fan of high rises, lofts, modern & urban living and I can't wait to move in. Take care!

PS. Sorry about the spots on the photos, my lens got dirty.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2008, 6:36 AM
BANNED

That's a great looking 756 square feet. How big is the patio?

Old Posted Nov 16, 2008, 6:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raining Inside View Post
That's a great looking 756 square feet. How big is the patio?
I couldn't tell just yet because it hadn't been built out. I'll let you know if I find out.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive