HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Apr 6, 2024, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myBrain View Post
Yeah it really does have a googie look to it. Why I want it to be called P.Terry's Tower
Lol. It's a good thing I love P. Terry's. I wonder if we'll see a trend with more of this style here on towers.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2024, 3:11 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtexan View Post

Some interesting stuff going on in the front of the building. Lots of glass being installed for the lobby ground floor level.
The shape of the building is OK... I'll give it a 7. (I like the original better, but this is still pretty good.) But the accents are superb!

Old Posted Apr 8, 2024, 1:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
The shape of the building is OK... I'll give it a 7. (I like the original better, but this is still pretty good.) But the accents are superb!
The shape is a 7; Accents are superb, so 9.5 maybe? The finished tower maybe an 8.25 then?

Pretty good I think, for most of Austin's averageness. At the very least it will be unique in our skyline. I bet the end product will be very impressive! However we wait and watch; topping out is scheduled for 15 months from now. Then cladding.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2024, 4:59 PM

Upon completion, I predict an 8.9 from myself.

Bonus prediction; I believe this building will exceed most, or dare I say “all”, of our expectations.

I like it, due to its imposing size, and bold proximity to LBL. I would have assumed a building like this would have found itself at the Post Office, not waterfront.

When the current wave of buildings are all completed, Austin will indeed be a proper cosmopolitan city. We are all fortunate to watch it happen.

I propose we organize a party upon Waterline’s competition, to celebrate our great city. This forum has contributed much to the local scene, in our own minuscule way. First round is on me.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2024, 7:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancore View Post
Upon completion, I predict an 8.9 from myself.

Bonus prediction; I believe this building will exceed most, or dare I say “all”, of our expectations.

I like it, due to its imposing size, and bold proximity to LBL. I would have assumed a building like this would have found itself at the Post Office, not waterfront.

When the current wave of buildings are all completed, Austin will indeed be a proper cosmopolitan city. We are all fortunate to watch it happen.

I propose we organize a party upon Waterline’s competition, to celebrate our great city. This forum has contributed much to the local scene, in our own minuscule way. First round is on me.
I concur on all points here. The attention to detail; the choice of color/materials; the interface with the street/Waller Creek; having the Classic base/tower/crown elements; its size and location on the elbow of LBL all add to and exceptional possibility of a First Class Tower! With what has been produced so far I just do not see the end product getting a less than a 9+ rating from me!

And a big yes to the statement that this forum has contributed to better designs and planning in the DT area. No question about that. Developers, Architects, Planners, the City Development Departments (maybe not City Council) pay attention I believe.

And a party upon completion, H... Yes I am Buying Too!

Old Posted Apr 8, 2024, 11:52 PM
favorite son

^^^ i can honestly assure each and every patron here, that the awesome city of austin, tx, is currently outclassing and outpacing the city of Houston, tx, by a country mile. heck, we cannot even seem to come forth with our long-anticipated downtown GEORGE R. BROWN convention center renovation and expansion concepts and renderings. yet, both austin and dallas are ready to roar moving forward. honestly, speaking, I guess that this is the ultimate reason that... I LOVE ME SOME AUSTIN, TX, you guys seem to know just how to get things done. HOOK'EM!

Old Posted Apr 9, 2024, 12:23 AM

Old Posted Apr 9, 2024, 2:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post

Great pictures. They really capture the epic size of this building

Old Posted Apr 9, 2024, 2:49 AM

Love the view in the first one. Is that East Side by oltorfe? Was just on it and thought man I need to take a pic from here

Old Posted Apr 9, 2024, 11:24 AM
De Lurk Squad

I can appreciate The Shore Condos color transformation. 00s brown to 10s salt and pepper to 20s all gray. In phase with some ssp posters hair color...

Very attractive photos by all. I too enjoy this tower more and more as it rises.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2024, 2:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelplate View Post
I can appreciate The Shore Condos color transformation. 00s brown to 10s salt and pepper to 20s all gray. In phase with some ssp posters hair color...

Very attractive photos by all. I too enjoy this tower more and more as it rises.
Not that it matters now, but they ultimately went with this light grey with navy blue accents and I was not a fan. The other option being looked at was a much darker grey/gunmetal color, and a dark olive green accent color....

Old Posted Apr 10, 2024, 7:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidberko View Post
Love the view in the first one. Is that East Side by oltorfe? Was just on it and thought man I need to take a pic from here
Yep, but further back near St. Edwards Dr.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2024, 9:21 AM

Rainey Street by Dave Wilson, on Flickr

Last edited by Urbannizer; Apr 12, 2024 at 6:52 PM.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2024, 12:38 PM

Pretty
Is that the topping out of the podium/amenity deck portion?

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 7:34 AM

Reddit via Powarblasta5000

Last edited by Urbannizer; Apr 17, 2024 at 7:46 AM.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 8:56 PM

Glass installed on the ground level

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 9:57 PM

Thanks for capturing how the ground floor glass curtain doesn’t fully follow the building
That was a surprise feature !

Will be interesting to see how the third section’s double pane affects the building height. I liked our topic awhile back about how window framing impacts perceived height and its interesting that they are using the white spacing much closer to grade than on the residences at to. I like how similar yet different the first two section’s plating already look

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 10:01 PM

That second photo captured the split angle on the Travis really well

Old Posted Apr 18, 2024, 12:04 AM
クラブトクヨ

Looking so good!

Old Posted Apr 18, 2024, 12:19 AM

In an ideal world, it would be cool to see those warehouses on Cesar Chavez across the convention center being replaced by museums, opera houses or performing art theaters and have them connect towards Waller Creek and Town Lake. Something similar to the Civic Center/Van Ness area in San Francisco. The sidewalks could also use some major improvements. Cesar feels like a highway and pedestrians are too close to the traffic when they're walking on the south side of Cesar Chavez.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin