HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jan 16, 2020, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Speaking of this one- according to the development review files this project has a phase two with a second, 20 story, tower with another hotel and residential units above that. Both towers would share three levels of underground parking.
I really wish that Belleview was able to land an entertainment venue - the fact that both Comedy Works and Landmark Theater are at Landmark kinda sucks, as that's not super walkable. There will be 6-9 blocks of downtown like density around the station, but there won't be much to do besides grabbing a dinner and a drink right after.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2020, 1:27 AM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Quote:
Get back to work.

I... Uh...

WTC also has branding on the fence and they are picking away at the warehouse building.
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Jan 17, 2020, 2:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
WTC also has branding on the fence and they are picking away at the warehouse building.

Source

Old Posted Jan 17, 2020, 2:21 AM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

Streetsblog is going advocacy group only: https://denverite.com/2020/01/16/str...zHW8Z1odhNE_Q4

"Of course you're right." Cirrus

Old Posted Jan 17, 2020, 6:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
Kenect - Construction permit filed. I think they are waiting for PBS to finish since they are staging materials on the Kenect lot. Still staging as I just walked past it.

ugh PBS get a move on, chop chop

Old Posted Jan 17, 2020, 7:48 PM

PBS is pretty close. A significant amount of the front facade is complete. Modera Golden Triangle needs to demolish the current Rocky Mountain PBS building in order to prepare for their massive two tower project. A lot of significant development seems to be waiting on their relocation.

In other news, it looked like soil sampling was going down on the Pepsi parking lot in RiNo. I believe Carmel is looking to build apartments there.

Last edited by SirLucasTheGreat; Jan 17, 2020 at 8:00 PM.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2020, 10:59 PM

The body shop where the Cole Market project is scheduled to go has been vacated.

I take it to mean https://www.thecolemarket.com/ is likely right around the corner.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2020, 11:22 PM

Modera Golden Triangle will be a rare-for-Denver twin tower project. Exciting to see GT continue to become more dense.

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:57 AM

What happened to the proposed zoning changes for GT? It would be great to get some point towers up in there.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:57 AM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldurhamer View Post
The body shop where the Cole Market project is scheduled to go has been vacated.

I take it to mean https://www.thecolemarket.com/ is likely right around the corner.
The site development plan hasn’t even been submitted. The parcel still needs to be rezoned and the developer is working on gathering excessive community support. Supposedly Candi “One Smart Cookie” CdeBaca isn’t cool with the developer eliminating the food desert because it’s a capitalist solution. Or she’s too busy grinding axes with Hancock and trying to setup KOA campgrounds for the homeless.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:00 AM

Quote:
The site development plan hasn’t even been submitted. The parcel still needs to be rezoned and the developer is working on gathering excessive community support. Supposedly Candi “One Smart Cookie” CdeBaca isn’t cool with the developer eliminating the food desert because it’s a capitalist solution. Or she’s too busy grinding axes with Hancock and trying to setup KOA campgrounds for the homeless.
https://www.denverpost.com/2019/03/1...re-apartments/

the rezoning was approved last march.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:06 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

Here you all go - just took this about an hour ago. They are working on jumping the rear tower crane!
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Today, 12:01 AM

Some LoDo projects

Thanks for the great pic Ryan! I will not be posting my Block 162 pic since yours is much better.....

Here is McGregor Square

IMG_20200118_103755717_HDR [IMG]

Hint of facade on the north side, looks very modern and attractive.

IMG_20200118_104104092_HDR

Greystar's The Fitzgerald. Ready for some setbacks.

IMG_20200118_104940074_HDR

Market Square. The building has good form and I think it will turn out well, but I think the brick is a bit monotonous. The texture is a bit like legos, but not much other ornamentation. The way the break up the facade along market (which I only got blurring pics of) looks too contrived, like they were trying too hard to break it up. I think this project will turn out well, but still a bit boring on upper levels IMO.

IMG_20200118_105416140

IMG_20200118_105218609_HDR

On a side note, most of the projects I saw, including some simpler lobby renovations of older buildings, completed close down the sidewalks. This happens all over LoHi too. I saw lots of confused pedestrian crossing the street mid-block, walking in traffic, etc. to get past construction sites. After closing the sidewalk on Broadway (!) Neon added a covered walkway, but I believe this was only after significant complaints from businesses and residents.

Most of the northern and European cities (and honolulu) I visit seem to more consistently require contractors to provide covered walkways. Such inconvenience would NEVER happen in NYC though that's its own breed. While most of us, myself included, lean towards"pro development", I think the city could protect pedestrians more without significant cost to builders.

Old Posted Today, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy733 View Post

Most of the northern and European cities (and honolulu) I visit seem to more consistently require contractors to provide covered walkways. Such inconvenience would NEVER happen in NYC though that's its own breed. While most of us, myself included, lean towards"pro development", I think the city could protect pedestrians more without significant cost to builders.
Thanks for all the pics. And walkways have to be accessible in Denver for any new construction beginning last year. So any currently blocked sidewalks are due to buildings which began construction prior to the new rule going into effect. This won't be a problem as soon as those grandfathered-in projects wrap up.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West