HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Apr 30, 2018, 9:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays View Post
In my city residential projects are almost universally around 10' floor-to-floor, which is closer to 9' ceilings not including soffit areas. The main reason is height limits...if you're allowed 400' for habitable space, or 240', 125', 65', whatever, in a high-demand city, you're going to cram those floors in. The 65' example might include a two-level concrete podium with townhouses that have bedroom lofts (17' combined?) which works if the rest (generally woodframe) is closer to 9'6" f-t-f, with some rooftop elements not counting.
Yeah, I think most people get that. But like Crawford, I strongly dislike low ceilings. I want 10’ ceilings at a minimum.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Old Posted Apr 30, 2018, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post

https://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/9658...rancisco-views

Wonder if seeing these pictures will induce seizures and/or debilitating anxiety attacks in 10023 and pj3000.
This is for someone who doesn't really want a kitchen, but wants guests to be impressed by their kitchen.

If the owner actually decides to cook, that white luxurious couch will have a grayish luxurious film of grease on it.

No seizure here, but it does make me feel anxious.

Old Posted May 1, 2018, 7:44 AM
video et taceo

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwell View Post
Really need to convince my girlfriend on the dual comforter thing, because it sounds amazing.
I find it so weird, honestly. It's everywhere in Scandinavia but I prefer the North American "one enormous duvet" style.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions