HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Dec 22, 2017, 9:50 AM

Hopefully they will fix the merge issues heading east on 15 in the spring when they work on the 15/132 exit. I KNOW 2 PEOPLE IN THE LAST WEEK, Who I work with that were coming home to PEI, And they headed north on 11. Hopefully the lighting issue`will also improve.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2017, 12:53 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

New NBLC on Main Street in Shediac

Photo courtesy of Retail Talk & Share.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 12:29 PM

They are adding a third overhead sign to direct people heading East, I'm not sure what the difficulty is, there are several other locations in the province that have the same type of highway split. I too know several people (including my sister) that have made the same mistake and headed North, maybe it is just habit and aren't looking to exit, but I'm not sure more signage is going to help, it will just take time I guess.
The traffic circle is also a mess, so far I haven't seen a single person use a turn signal when exiting the traffic circle, I have seen people get on going the wrong direction and most people stop even when there are no other cars on the circle. But by far the biggest problem so far has been removing the snow from the circle, they haven't figured out how to do it yet. I was concerned that there wouldn't be enough room for trucks to go around but I have seen several make it around the circle with no issues, they keep the cab of the truck tight to the outside of the circle and the trailer wheels ride up on the center section as designed, I was quite surprised to be honest at how easy they were able to get around.
All in all, I think the design of the road is good, it will just take time for people to get used to it. It is saving me 10 minutes getting to work in the morning which is great, no more long lines coming out of Shediac trying to merge onto highway 11 to get onto the highway 15 ramp, which was the whole point of this part of the project.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 6:13 PM
Roadgeek

Looking for some info on route number designations and exit numbers for the TravelMapping project.
Any enlightment is appreciated.

11:
New western alignment, new Exit 1, new terminus at Route 15. Piece of cake.

15:
How is the new left exit for Route 11 signed? What's the exit number?
Is the existing cloverleaf at Route 132 / Old Route 15 still 31A/B? After it's converted to a diamond in the future, I assume it'll simply be 31. Maybe...

132:
Is the north end still at the Route 15 cloverleaf?
OSM & Google show it continuing north to the roundabout.

133:
The image MonctonRad posted in Reply #383 suggests Route 133 gets straightened out, to travel west to the new Exit 1. Is this the case?

Old Posted Feb 19, 2018, 3:13 PM

Did they Ever build a 2nd water tower in Shediac or was that just speculation?

Old Posted Feb 19, 2018, 5:39 PM

They are currently building the new water tower on Ohio Road. They setup a crane tower for a bit now. I think they started building up the concrete.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2018, 6:17 PM

As part of the government's 2018-2023 Nursing Home Plan, a new 190 bed nursing home will be built in Shediac to replace the aging Villa Providence.

Press Release found here

Old Posted Mar 17, 2018, 11:51 AM

when is the new new licquor (SP)store supposed to be completed?.
Over the winter, did they work on Highway 11 twinning or did they stop until spring

Old Posted Mar 17, 2018, 3:05 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI highway guy View Post
when is the new new licquor (SP)store supposed to be completed?.
Over the winter, did they work on Highway 11 twinning or did they stop until spring
No work on Highway 11 presently. Construction is shut down for the winter.

Not sure about the liquor store.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2018, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
No work on Highway 11 presently. Construction is shut down for the winter.

Not sure about the liquor store.
Did I just dream of it, or did the new Shediac Liquor store building catch fire putting them back on there opening date?

Old Posted Mar 19, 2018, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
Did I just dream of it, or did the new Shediac Liquor store building catch fire putting them back on there opening date?
They did have a small fire while they were putting on the roof. This was before they had the building weather tight last October/November.

I don't know the official opening date but I would guess that it will be sometime in the next couple of months, they probably want it open before the summer hits.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2018, 4:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvui View Post
They did have a small fire while they were putting on the roof. This was before they had the building weather tight last October/November.

I don't know the official opening date but I would guess that it will be sometime in the next couple of months, they probably want it open before the summer hits.
That is hat it was. Thanks, and Yes we would think they would want to be open before vacationers start piling in.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2018, 2:28 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Recent photo of the new NBLC on Main Street in Shediac:

photo courtesy of Retail Talk & Share

Old Posted Apr 10, 2018, 1:40 PM

The town of Shediac in partnership with NBPower is working on a "Smart Community" plan where the town would install 1.8 MW community solar farm. Initially 500 homes would have the option to buy into the solar farm. They are also looking at making some of the municipal building Net Zero. I believe the 500 homes would see solar panels installed on the roof with a Tesla Powerwall installed to store power.
This is a great opportunity for the town. More details can be found here.

We have been thinking of selling and moving closer to Moncton but may reconsider depending on the details of this project.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 8:09 AM

Campground Receives Extention

A controvercial Campground that was suposed to be built was given an Extention ti'll 2020 to sort out Access issues. That don't seem to actually exist it's just that the province seems to be liistening, and taking the NIMBY's Complaints seriously.

Just to keep everyone up to date this is a 210 Space campgound with 10 cottages.

Old Posted May 3, 2018, 3:16 PM

any new restaurants/ attractions/ businesses in the Shediac area for the coming tourist season ?

Old Posted May 3, 2018, 3:36 PM

There's a new seafood festival called Ocean Festive on the second weekend in August. I don't know any more about it at this point, sorry, but I bet you can find details online.

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 11:49 AM

The new liquor store is now open, just in time for the long weekend. It also looked like they are adding an extension on the side closest to NoFrills, possibly the location of the CannabisNB store. I know Shediac is supposed to be getting one, but I wasn't sure of the location.

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 3:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvui View Post
The new liquor store is now open, just in time for the long weekend. It also looked like they are adding an extension on the side closest to NoFrills, possibly the location of the CannabisNB store. I know Shediac is supposed to be getting one, but I wasn't sure of the location.
Any plans for the old Liquor store now that it is closed? That is still a fairly attractive area for a business

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 6:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI highway guy View Post
Any plans for the old Liquor store now that it is closed? That is still a fairly attractive area for a business
I agree, it would be a great place for some sort of retail business. I haven't heard what is going to happen to that building. I'll ask my friend, who runs a business in the building behind the liquor store, next time I see him. If anyone would know he would he is the town gossip as my wife calls him.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces