HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jun 21, 2018, 1:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
From the looks of it, you buy it before-hand and then take your token to the vending machine and out comes the car you selected. Not sure exactly how this works and where they receive the token. I also would want to test drive it first.
Yeah, that's pretty much it. They either bring you the token, or they'll deliver the car to you if you prefer that route.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2018, 2:32 PM

Quote:
From the looks of it, you buy it before-hand and then take your token to the vending machine and out comes the car you selected. Not sure exactly how this works and where they receive the token. I also would want to test drive it first.
Supposedly you get a 2 weeks to drive it as a test drive period and if you don't like it, then you return it and get a different one. Once you approve of the car you picked, they then they do a hard credit pull and go through the finalized transaction. I guess it works because my cousin works for the company and says it works pretty well.

I feel like those cars are baking in that giant greenhouse haha...I wonder how hot it gets in there.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2018, 3:29 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by asugrad View Post
Supposedly you get a 2 weeks to drive it as a test drive period and if you don't like it, then you return it and get a different one. Once you approve of the car you picked, they then they do a hard credit pull and go through the finalized transaction. I guess it works because my cousin works for the company and says it works pretty well.

I feel like those cars are baking in that giant greenhouse haha...I wonder how hot it gets in there.
So, are these private cars that Carvana sells as a broker? Or are these cars that Carvana has purchased and then sells them? Seems risky for a 2 week test drive period. Who knows what someone will have put that car though before returning it. Heck, I will put a car through the wringer just on a 30 minute test drive!

Edit: According to Carvana's website, it is a 7 day test period.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2018, 6:18 PM

I never really understood how carvana makes money because they seem to be like a cars.com but with more services on their end than most car websites.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 3:58 AM

Not Tempe but close enough

https://azbigmedia.com/construction-...song-building/

Real Estate / Commercial Real Estate / Construction / Construction will begin on 5th SkySong building

Construction will begin on 5th SkySong building

REAL ESTATE | 9 hours ago | AZRE
The fifth Class A office building will rise at SkySong, The ASU Scottsdale Innovation Center in the coming months. With the other four SkySong office buildings at high occupancy, the SkySong development team will begin work on SkySong 5, with a groundbreaking ceremony to take place on July 9. The building will be six stories — the tallest on property yet — and will include a number of features that are new to the project.

With the newest building, the total SkySong project will reach about 868,457 square feet of commercial building.

The design of SkySong 5 includes extensive outdoor work and meeting spaces as well as public art features, and continues the trend at the property of each new building having unique and distinctive features, including a large second-story outdoor patio and event space. The cost of the building and the accompanying parking structure that will be built will exceed $43 million.

Located on the northwest corner of the iconic SkySong shade structure, SkySong 5 will be taller than the other commercial office buildings on the campus and slightly larger, at 151,318 square feet. Like the other buildings, it will be constructed to meet LEED certification standards for green building practices.

In 2008, SkySong 1 and 2 opened and reached capacity in only a few years despite the economic downturn. SkySong 3 opened in early 2015, and SkySong 4 opened in the fall of 2016.

More than 2,000 employees at more than 60 companies now work in the SkySong buildings for a mix of innovative companies.

“SkySong 5 will house a new wave of exciting and innovative companies that are increasingly being drawn to Scottsdale’s skilled workforce and quality of life,” said Sharon Harper, President & CEO of Plaza Companies, the master developer of the project. “The SkySong campus has added another point of attraction: an outstanding and supportive business environment that gets better with every new company that moves in and every new employee that walks the campus.”

“We are very pleased to see the continued growth and progress of SkySong,” said Don Couvillion, vice president of real estate at University Realty. “The construction of this new office building — the third in five years at SkySong — is a key step forward in continuing to make the vision of the project a reality.”

The rise of another SkySong building cements Scottsdale’s place as a destination for innovative companies and also as one of the best cities to launch a startup, outside of Silicon Valley and New York. The city boasts over 13,000 companies founded since 2010 that had at least $5 million in annual revenue.

“SkySong is an integral part of Scottsdale’s emergence as an economic and technology hub in the southwest,” said Scottsdale Mayor Jim Lane. “We are excited to see this project continue to grow and thrive, and to maximize its economic impact on our community while helping to revitalize the McDowell Road Corridor.”

Butler Design Group is the architect for SkySong 5, and DPR is the general contractor for the building.

For more information on the groundbreaking or on SkySong, The ASU Scottsdale Innovation in general, contact Tom Evans at 602.448.5483 or tom@evanscommunications.com.

SkySong is a 42-acre mixed use development designed to:

• Create an ecology of collaboration and innovation among high-profile technology enterprises and related researchers;

• Advance global business objectives of on-site enterprises;

• Raise Arizona’s profile as a global center of innovation through co-location of ASU’s strategic global partners; and

• Create a unique regional economic and social asset.

Companies located at SkySong enjoy a special relationship with Arizona State University, which has more than 90,000 students studying across four metropolitan Phoenix campuses, in Lake Havasu and online. ASU is one of the largest public universities in the nation, with the majority of its students attending its campus in Tempe, Arizona, less than three miles from SkySong.

In addition to locating its own innovative research units at the center, through ASU’s on-site operations, tenant companies have a single point of contact for introductions to researchers, faculty and programs to address their specific needs.

For more information on SkySong, visit www.skysong.com or www.facebook.com/skysongcenter.

Hide Buttons

Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 4:03 AM

Anyone else think S. Scottsdale N Tempe is up and coming in the long term? With all the developement going on next to the 101 in Scottsdale and 202 in Tempe. Seems this area is prime for long term growth

Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 4:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciweiss View Post
Anyone else think S. Scottsdale N Tempe is up and coming in the long term? With all the developement going on next to the 101 in Scottsdale and 202 in Tempe. Seems this area is prime for long term growth
Its had a lot of apartment and office development but it hasn't really had a lot of tear-downs or remodels of the housing there. I would actually buy in that area but I didn't like what the houses had to offer.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2018, 9:26 PM

The Local is topped out. Their website states 2019 as the opening target, which seems doable. Excited for this one and Union to open. Hopefully get a lot more feet on the ground in the area. And while I'm usually not personally swayed by over the top apartment amenities or "luxury" rentals in general, the "Barcade" idea on their website actually looks pretty cool.

https://virtualtour.marketapts.com/t...es/index.html#

Old Posted Jun 25, 2018, 11:56 PM

I wish I knew what was going on with The Pier. The past week or so it looks like they're doing a little work on the beginnings of the elevator core. But if there's anyone working there, it's only like a couple of people. And Tempe's records have shown the application for the building permit as pending for like a year now. Confusing.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2018, 1:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Its had a lot of apartment and office development but it hasn't really had a lot of tear-downs or remodels of the housing there. I would actually buy in that area but I didn't like what the houses had to offer.

The "litely renovated" houses have pushed the basis up too much to see more radical remodels. People aren't going to pay $300k+ to knock a house down. It puts the cost for the land closer to $1.2-$2m/acre, on par with prime PV lots. Most of the lots in those areas are less than 1/4 acre.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 9:45 PM

Tempe Const Camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandypandybear View Post
The "litely renovated" houses have pushed the basis up too much to see more radical remodels. People aren't going to pay $300k+ to knock a house down. It puts the cost for the land closer to $1.2-$2m/acre, on par with prime PV lots. Most of the lots in those areas are less than 1/4 acre.
Anyone else having trouble with the Tempe Construction Camera, looks like it is stuck on a night shot several weeks ago.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2018, 9:47 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixwillrise View Post
Anyone else having trouble with the Tempe Construction Camera, looks like it is stuck on a night shot several weeks ago.
Yea, it's been down for a few weeks now. I'm not sure if it's an issue or if it was permanently taken down. That was an awesome view. They should always have it up!

Old Posted Jul 7, 2018, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Yea, it's been down for a few weeks now. I'm not sure if it's an issue or if it was permanently taken down. That was an awesome view. They should always have it up!
I would think that with the upcoming construction of the hotel portion of the Union project they would leave the camera up. However, I've had the same frozen picture from mid- June.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2018, 8:53 PM

Tower crane base is in at Mirabella:

Old Posted Jul 9, 2018, 11:04 PM

Good stuff! This is going to be a skyline changer for Tempe.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2018, 2:46 AM

They are starting to renovate the old head shop at 5th near mill. If that ends up to be 1 big bar/restaurant it will be huge.
Im curious if it will be indoor and outdoor. And how they will integrate the building overhang.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2018, 3:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciweiss View Post
They are starting to renovate the old head shop at 5th near mill. If that ends up to be 1 big bar/restaurant it will be huge.
It's being built by Temac who also did the Tempe Public Market, Casa, Shady Park and a bunch of other good projects in Tempe.

Thanks for the pics muertecaza! Mirabella is going to be huge/awesome.

The Pier is strange. There's still a few guys working every time I drive by. Tenants can expect a Spring 2050 move-in date at their current pace.

Lastly, someone said that the Biomedical Campus wouldn't happen for awhile due to remediation. I was over there a few days ago, the lot closest to the Tempe Arts Center is already excavated. They are moving fast

Old Posted Jul 10, 2018, 2:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post
It's being built by Temac who also did the Tempe Public Market, Casa, Shady Park and a bunch of other good projects in Tempe.

Thanks for the pics muertecaza! Mirabella is going to be huge/awesome.

The Pier is strange. There's still a few guys working every time I drive by. Tenants can expect a Spring 2050 move-in date at their current pace.

Lastly, someone said that the Biomedical Campus wouldn't happen for awhile due to remediation. I was over there a few days ago, the lot closest to the Tempe Arts Center is already excavated. They are moving fast
5th and Mill is suppose to be a "food hall" but I have a feeling it will become your run of the mill (har, har) Tempe bar/ restaurant combo of the week...

The first phase of the Biomedical Campus (I.D.E.A.) was presented in a study session a few months back to the City...now the Development Review Commission will actually review the first phase at the next meeting this month. I assume this will win approval and speed on to City Council for approval. The first phase is the parking garage/ support space for TCA/ retail within the garage including what looks like a second floor restaurant?/ the first office building (8 stories from what I remember) and I think a plaza. Also the streets and street furniture are suppose to be installed and pads prepped for future phases. Since it's going to be built over the existing surface lot for the TCA I wonder what their planning to do for parking in the meantime.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2018, 3:12 PM

Edit- First Phase is 6 stories, not 8

Old Posted Jul 10, 2018, 7:23 PM

One Hundred Mill Ave just got an extension to apply for a building permit for one year as they handle the historic preservation issue with Hayden House. So dont plan on anything happening on that corner anytime soon...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest