HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Food & Dining

Old Posted May 7, 2008, 5:07 AM
Ferris Wheel Hater

Boneta has a ever changing menu, it's best to check it online or by calling before heading over. Every week it changes. They have ~5 hot items and ~5 cold items on the menu and the servings are between a entry and an appy. It's know for it's Monday nights and it's Friday lunches, it's mostly about the atmosphere, sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. It's one of my fav places to go.

Jules isn't bad if you're looking for French cuisine at moderate pricing. Don't like the service there but the food is always great, at least when I've been there.

Old Posted May 7, 2008, 6:37 AM

I have taken part in Dine-Out Vancouver ever since its inception and I have enjoyed it every year. Many of the comments here seem misinformed. First, while selecting restaurants based on menu choices is safe, one must realize that high-end restaurants achieve new flavours through combinations of ingredients. I have been very fussy about what I have eaten in the past, but I have no problem trying new things, even foods I do not normally like, in high-end restaurants because the flavour of the vegetable or meat in question does not play centre stage. Secondly, I have been lucky enough to eat at many wonderful restaurants for Dine-Out Vancouver: Circolo, Diva at the Met, Elixir, Star Anise, West and others. Only at West have I visited post-Dine Out Vancouver (though it was still a fixed price menu) and it was just as good. I could not imagine the food at any of these restaurants during Dine Out Vancouver to get any better.

Lumiere was French. La Regalade in West Vancouver is incredible. Le Gavroche has very good food, but the service is up tight.

Old Posted May 7, 2008, 2:40 PM

^^well, ok, maybe we'll go back to boneta...

^i should clarify - Vancouver lacks readily accessible (ie inexpensive) french food. not counting cafe bretagne (a fav), i can't readily go to gavroche or le crocodile due to lack of $$$.

As for italian, if we can get something like volterra in seattle up here, that would be perfect. even having anton's move from bby to vancouver would be a plus...

Old Posted May 7, 2008, 6:41 PM

mcdonalds.

Old Posted May 7, 2008, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deasine View Post
Dine-out now is just horrible. It was good a few years ago when they had many more high end restaurants like Feenies [which was really good for a $25 meal] and Bishops [and they treated everyone equally]. Now, oh god, I mean Hon? Floata? *vomits* Aren't they trying to rip you off?

Not fine cuisine in my opinion. I don't think we should dare compare ourselves to New York yet, completely out of that class. We have been improving though. =)
I only go to the dine-outs where I like what is on the menu and I think it is reasonable value. I don't go to the "it" spots because of reputation - in the past those have been the restuarants where I'm been disappointed the most, plus they've been bumped up in the price category.
i.e. I usually hit Rex (@ Bentall Centre) as it's still only $25, good quality and good portions.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Food & Dining