HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Old Posted Oct 6, 2009, 12:53 AM

So you are just talking about doing it straight out sketchup? Or are you using rendering software to add shadows and smooth out your animation?

I haven't experimented with moving objects in SU, but I've done animations of spinning around a building at about 3000x2000 resolution for maybe 3 minutes for projects at work. I took quite a bit of time, and I used a rendering farm to do it. I also had the help of a $4000 pc. I'd totally do some cool stuff on it if I had the time, but at the end of week I just want to get out of the office.

Good luck though. I really don't think your idea is bad at all, definitely workable if you give it some patience. If it's just a quick animation (maybe 20 seconds at most), it should be doable. Just let your computer chug away at it for a couple of days. (depending on what PC you have) Keep in mind, because it's an animation, you really shouldn't overkill on rendering settings.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2009, 7:25 AM
nuttin

I used the SU shadows and just exported one scene to Kerk which the whole animation is based from.
When the scene is in Kerk i just positioned about 65 camera's as i worked my way around the building in 360 degrees . Then i set each camera to render and coilated the renders in the animation program.
Keeping in mind the actual Piolo tower model was 36mb !

Old Posted Oct 23, 2009, 4:16 PM

Hey,

3d max (/or one if its plugings) nwo allows for .skps to be imported. I'd bet animation SW allows it as well.

Why don't you make a sketch, duh, of your scene and send it to a render farm somewhere far. Maybe some company gives out free-samples and if you decide you wanna go full scale, then maybe even pay for it, it could be worth it.

.שבת-שלום a evaH

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup