HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art

Old Posted Dec 14, 2011, 6:26 PM
Architect Curmudgeon

NEW YORK| Crossroads Central Control Tower| 310 M| 80 FLOORS (FANTASY PIECE)

EDIT: post this (again) as I have been told That HERE is the place for fantasy and scratch created buildings and towers

=================================================

Ahoy hoy and Greetings.

So... This is my very first post here, so please excuse me if I am doing this incorrectly but...

I have had a passion for buildings of the past, specifically Art Deco and turn of the century Neo Gothic buildings. For me, the cities of New York, Detroit, Chicago, Buffalo of the 1930's and 40's is the height for architecture

For me personally, ever since I was a kid I had designed my own "super tower" for a mythical cooperation called "Crossroads Incorporated"
The nature and purpose of such I won't go into here, but throughout its life I have always designed large fanciful towers.

Within the past decade or so, this Tower has taken on the life of a 1930's Art Deco Tower.

About two years ago, using a simple LEGO program, I designed a crude 3D model of the tower:

This was a "rough sketch" if you will, but gives a Structural sense of the tower.. It was supposed to be Art Deco, but also fully cross Symmetrical. Which I know is a departure from true Art Deco Towers as most where either Bi-Lasteral Symmetry, or non Symmetrical at all, and usually have a step backed appearance (The Chrysler Building and 40 Wall Street being two examples)

So about a Year ago I discovered this website and GOODNESS was it a boon to my own research as it where!
I began to refine my design and make it more in line with other towers of the 1930's as well as adding ever increasing amounts of detail to it. I changed it's size quite a bit, In deference to the historical race to be tallest, While it is large in both size, mass, and square footage then the Chrysler Building, I have made sure to leave its over all height noticeably shorter. Thus preserving the Chrysler Builder's place as the second tallest (of the 30's race) next to the Empire State Building.

So after much work, and re-work. I present to you:
The Crossroads Central Control Tower

*NOTE:
Credit for the Chrysler Building image goes to Damien Koh
Credit for the Empire State Building goes to Chris Malayko
Credit also goes to Chris Malayko whom's work I shamelessly "borrowed" from to color in my own work, and hope is Kosher with doing so,

Old Posted Dec 16, 2011, 4:47 PM
Astorian

That is actually a great looking building!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art