HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Aug 9, 2008, 8:05 PM
HVAC guru

Edmonton construction forum front page photo contest

Well the current Edmonton construction forum is quickly getting close to 10,000 posts, And I think that it's about time to update the front page photo. (The projects & construction list will be moved to the front page on the next forum). Therefore I think it is time for a photo contest.

Submit your potential front page photos, and we`ll have a poll in a week or two to choose the next front page pic. Try to keep in banner format similar to the current photo.

The winner of the photo contest will receive this handsome framed jjBarnicke Downtown Edmonton real estate map circa 2001, Perfect for your dank basement apartment or storage locker.

Good luck & lets see some photos!

Old Posted Aug 9, 2008, 11:33 PM
Change is good

What kinda photo are you looking for? Something similar to the banner that is currently in place (my photo?)

You may entice me to get my camera out this week if you tell me what your looking for

Old Posted Aug 10, 2008, 2:03 AM

ill try this one...

"Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. Carl Spackler, 1980

Old Posted Aug 10, 2008, 3:01 AM
DRINK

I have a massive pano of about a dozen photos stitched together from my seat at the Indy. I just can't find a place to upload anything that big.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2008, 3:04 AM
HVAC guru

^^ Good one. That's a city perspective that we don't usually see.

@ Feepa, I like the old photo, (didn't know you took it... hope you're not offended that I want to replace it!) But The skyline and features have changed since that pic was taken, and the photo I'd like to see replacing it should represent the "dynamicness" we've seen in the city over the past few years.

@SHOFEAR, I was thinking that an Indy photo with downtown in the background would be awesome! See if you can upload something.

I took this today. Don't know if I'll submit it for a vote, I'd like to re-take it from a better angle & not have my camera set to the wrong exposure, but it's an angle we rarely see in photos of downtown. The Mira people will have a nice skyline to look at:

I also took this one today... same location as J-109's pic I think:

I tried to get one from the same spot as I think Feepa took the original, But with the Folkfest going on, Accessing the spot above Muttard was impossible!

Old Posted Aug 10, 2008, 4:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240glt View Post
^^ Good one. That's a city perspective that we don't usually see.

@ Feepa, I like the old photo, (didn't know you took it... hope you're not offended that I want to replace it!) But The skyline and features have changed since that pic was taken, and the photo I'd like to see replacing it should represent the "dynamicness" we've seen in the city over the past few years.

@SHOFEAR, I was thinking that an Indy photo with downtown in the background would be awesome! See if you can upload something.

I took this today. Don't know if I'll submit it for a vote, I'd like to re-take it from a better angle & not have my camera set to the wrong exposure, but it's an angle we rarely see in photos of downtown. The Mira people will have a nice skyline to look at:

I also took this one today... same location as J-109's pic I think:

I tried to get one from the same spot as I think Feepa took the original, But with the Folkfest going on, Accessing the spot above Muttard was impossible!
If you want that shot, try shooting off Strathearn Drive. The patch of grass has some usable views, though you'll have to find a good clear path through the trees.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2008, 5:59 AM

I want to see construction cranes in Edmonton's skyline.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2008, 3:12 PM
Change is good

we should all go out together on a tour and see who comes up with the best shots...I know a few good locations, and I'm sure there's other places that I don't even know of to get a good angle / view

edit to add: Not offended at all - that image has served its purpose, and is a few years old now. Time for something new.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton