HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Mar 17, 2008, 1:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTown View Post
I don't believe there were any street scenes from the movie in Hamilton. It was all mostly the high school scenes shot in Hamilton.
There were a couple of street scenes shot in Hamilton.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2008, 12:59 AM

The notice to businesses and residents for the "Max Payne" movie shoot.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2008, 1:05 AM

Atleast theres one good use of useless parking lots

Old Posted Mar 18, 2008, 1:32 AM

They're bringing two-way to Rebecca St!

I got nothing.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2008, 12:02 AM

Another movie for next week.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2008, 1:13 AM

They are filming the “Max Payne” movie around the Lister right now. James is closed from Wilson to King and King William and Rebecca are closed from Hughson to James. They have sprayed snow all around on the streets. It will be closed until 6am. This is the filming that was to happen last Thursday.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2008, 4:28 AM

Hamilton Film and Television Office 2007 Annual Report

For the information of the Economic Development and Planning Committee, the following is the annual report for the Film and Cultural Industries for 2007.

There is a growing film and cultural scene in Hamilton and this trend continued in 2007. With over 100 productions shot in Hamilton throughout the year, the City was a beehive of activity. Increased film production brings more creative people which changes the social landscape of the City. More art studios are opening in the older sections of Hamilton, film studios are cropping up and the music industry continues to be strong.

For the fourth consecutive year, filming has directly injected over $10 million dollars into the local economy with spending on location shooting, hotels, restaurants, stores and other services. This financial injection is somewhat smaller than in 2006 which is a direct reflection of the Provincial statistics for the same time period. The number of productions in Ontario are stable but the total value to Ontario of these productions is slightly down.

Year ......# of Productions Prep......Shoot & Wrap Days ......Direct Impact
2002 .................58 ..............................834 ..................$5 million
2003 .................45 ..............................600 ..................$8 million
2004 .................48 ..............................740 ..................$10.5 million
2005 .................90 .............................1330 ..................$15.6 million
2006 .................94 .............................1280 ..................$15 million
2007 ................106..............................1318 ..................$12 million

These consistently strong numbers over the last six (6) years happened in the face of a number of major events and economic pressures from the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) epidemic, to 9/11, and more recently, strikes and a strong Canadian dollar.

Hamilton continues to be the location of choice for productions considering Ontario for their shows. Major motion pictures such as The Incredible Hulk, Flash of Genius, Traitor, Repossession Mambo and Splice to name a few, chose Hamilton for much of their location filming but, domestic (Canadian) production is responsible for the lion’s share of our numbers. These domestic productions keep Hamilton immune to the negative impacts of a strong Canadian dollar and union work stoppages across the border.

Domestic production chooses Hamilton for their location shooting because of our great locations and film-friendly attitude but also because of the Provincial Regional Bonus that they are eligible for. We must continue to encourage the Province to keep this regional bonus in order for Hamilton to maintain some leverage in this competitive market.

The City has also made some incredible gains in the cultural industries segment of the cluster. For example, the Art Bus came on strong in 2007 through the work of the owners of the Pearl Factory. As well, attention is turning to James Street North as an identifiable art district and ‘the place to go’ for arts and culture in the City. The Art Bus tour reaches out to many of the communities in Hamilton such as the Carnegie Gallery in Dundas and the Sunrise Gallery along the Beach Strip. These jewels have continued to grow throughout 2007, creating exhibit space for scores of Hamilton area artists.

The Imperial Cotton Centre for the Arts launched a relationship with another property owner to renovate additional artists’ space at the newly renovated “Cumberland Building” (468 Cumberland). This building is essentially fully occupied by artists from Hamilton and other communities such as the GTA.

2008 is starting off with a bang, with the opening of Steel Work Studios in April. We are anticipating another good year for film and culture in Hamilton.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2008, 8:51 PM

So....I was walking up James N this morning for work and I met an interesting fellow for a moment or two. He said that a new blockbuster action movie was filming in Hamilton, but for the life of him couldn't remember the name.

I noticed trailers in the lot across from Lister and there are a few beside me in the Pigott building. I just hadn't seen anything here, or received an update from my secretary who reads the Spec religiously.

Can anyone shine some light on this?

Old Posted Sep 23, 2008, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
So....I was walking up James N this morning for work and I met an interesting fellow for a moment or two. He said that a new blockbuster action movie was filming in Hamilton, but for the life of him couldn't remember the name.

I noticed trailers in the lot across from Lister and there are a few beside me in the Pigott building. I just hadn't seen anything here, or received an update from my secretary who reads the Spec religiously.

Can anyone shine some light on this?
Yeah we got a notice about it a while back but the notice disappeared. There are film trucks parked all up Hughson, Rebecca, and King William is closed at Hughson.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2008, 11:17 PM

Any idea as to what movie it is...?

Old Posted Sep 24, 2008, 1:04 AM

It might be Kick-Ass.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2008, 1:16 AM

Thanks BCTed, looks like you're right.
Ventured over to imdb and there's a posting that someone made, saying they've been cast as an extra for filming in their high school in Hamilton.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2008, 3:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
Thanks BCTed, looks like you're right.
Ventured over to imdb and there's a posting that someone made, saying they've been cast as an extra for filming in their high school in Hamilton.
Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2008, 1:45 PM
It's Hammer Time

Think there's another movie shoot taking place at Chedoke golf.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2008, 1:58 PM
Closed account

Kick-Ass ?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1250777/

Sounds terrible. Nic Cage? Remind me NOT to star-gaze for him.

Any word on if there's more action being filmed here, or if it's just random scenes? I wouldn't mind watching some more controlled explosions. That Hulk set was fun!

Old Posted Sep 24, 2008, 10:30 PM

mclovin!

Old Posted Sep 25, 2008, 4:06 PM
Closed account

Close enough...

Film director looking for local zombies
Canadian Press
9/25/2008

There is a call out in southwestern Ontario for zombies.

George Romero's new zombie movie is set to start filming on Sunday at the marina in Port Dover.

And the crew is looking for people in the area to play extras.

Those auditioning will need to be able to move like a zombie, with slow speed and no co-ordination.

About 40 extras will be needed and auditions will begin today at the St. Paul's Anglican Church at 4 p.m.

The shooting wraps up October 2nd

http://www.900chml.com/Channels/Reg/...spx?ID=1028796

Old Posted Oct 31, 2008, 7:57 PM

There is a good article in the Home & Condo section of today’s Toronto Sun about how great the movie business is in Hamilton.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2008, 8:24 PM

There's been a lot of filming in Dundas the last few days.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2008, 8:55 PM
Closed account

I read in paper today too about them filming a truck hitting a van on Stratherne Ave. recently.

They seem to do a lot of filming in the city now.

Here is a list of the movies filmed here. They did miss 2 movies, Haley's Gift was filmed on the beach strip late 60s or early 70s. The house isn't there anymore where it was filmed I think it was where Dieppe Park is now. They also forgot Sins of the Father which was filmed on Depew St.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ilton,_Ontario

Last edited by MsMe; Oct 31, 2008 at 9:26 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation